WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:33 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Well, revisionism is the Veidt Method, after all. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:35 am 
Vigilante

Soupdragon wrote:
Quote:
instead of just a tennis ball on a stick or whatever

You mean Hayden Christensen?

ha ha ha.

As for Goode I have faith in him. I don't think he looks right at all but once he acts I think he will do just fine. Or well, I hope so..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:32 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Okay so I officially saw Brideshead Revisited yesterday (dang theatre didn't get it in until last weekend...jerks.) and I now totally think Goode can pull Ozy off. He's totally not "young" looking when he's actually talking and walking around a such. He can definitely have a much older, jaded kinda air about him. After seeing him in this I have the utmost confidence in his ability to totally pull this off.
*thumbs up* come on Goode! *waves mini Goode flag*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:48 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Pliny wrote:
Okay so I officially saw Brideshead Revisited yesterday (dang theatre didn't get it in until last weekend...jerks.) and I now totally think Goode can pull Ozy off. He's totally not "young" looking when he's actually talking and walking around a such. He can definitely have a much older, jaded kinda air about him. After seeing him in this I have the utmost confidence in his ability to totally pull this off.
*thumbs up* come on Goode! *waves mini Goode flag*

Gah! I want to see that. But good to know this role is reassuring to the part of Ozy! Thanks for the info. I have to see it now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:51 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Pliny, you crakc me UP!#! hahahaha

Well, when i think of someone being bulked up, i think of a body builder.

I've been watching the olympics and even the gymnastics. The guys aren't HUGE "bulky" like body builders. They're very lean, very strong and unless they're really flexing, you can't see crazy muscle. So Vedit doesn't have to be this HUGE dude. So Goode looks ok to me!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:56 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

GhettoBSD wrote:
Pliny, you crakc me UP!#! hahahaha

Well, when i think of someone being bulked up, i think of a body builder.

I've been watching the olympics and even the gymnastics. The guys aren't HUGE "bulky" like body builders. They're very lean, very strong and unless they're really flexing, you can't see crazy muscle. So Vedit doesn't have to be this HUGE dude. So Goode looks ok to me!

I guess the guys in the book just have bigger necks to me... aside from Rors, so the only one that fits the bill... kind of ... is Jeffrey. But I'm open... I'd rather have a good actor and a different body, than the perfect body and a crappy actor. :D

GhettoBSD, dig the new sig by the way.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:59 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

you know that's funny, i was talking to my mom about the female gymnasts and one in particular, from china i think, had this HUGE neck, didn't look like a woman's neck!

Thanks!#! I stole someones avatar and modified it lol I was looking for who it was but can't find them now. SO thanks to whoever I ripped off! :PPPPPPPPP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:00 pm 
Vigilante

My first thought when seeing Goode was that he was too young and light of build as well. But I'm cool with it, as long as we get that egyptian vibe and the right attitude. It's all about the way he talks to other people. That's Veidt.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:05 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

GhettoBSD wrote:
you know that's funny, i was talking to my mom about the female gymnasts and one in particular, from china i think, had this HUGE neck, didn't look like a woman's neck!

Thanks!#! I stole someones avatar and modified it lol I was looking for who it was but can't find them now. SO thanks to whoever I ripped off! :PPPPPPPPP

I know, it's weird. I mean, how do you beef up a neck? Totally strange.

But yeah man, awesome job whoever made the little kung-fu kicking Rors!

Chlopthlup Shorplep wrote:
It's all about the way he talks to other people. That's Veidt.

Exactly. I think that's the most important. Also his posture and handshake. I'm really going to be looking for that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:57 pm 
So impotent.

Not what I was picturing...but apparently he's a decent actor so I'll reserve judgement, but just looking at him I'll have to admit I'm disapointed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:06 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

GhettoBSD wrote:

Yep, this is what warmed me up to Goode's physique in this role. Consider that we only get quick glimpses of him in motion in the trailer, but what you see suits a thin, limber, almost "Bruce Lee"-ish frame than it does an imposing, bulky, run-of-the-mill superhero body.

I'm just waiting to see his performance. I'm hoping he displays the compassion, and "sad and knowing" eyes that Dr. M. describes, without coming off as the "Republic Serial villain" we're afraid of seeing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:54 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

he was really good in the look out i did'nt even know it was him :

From The Lookout

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:04 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I went to town to buy The Lookout so I could see the would-be Adrian Veidt's performance, but nowhere had it so its now sat on my hard drive waiting to be watched when I have a spair few hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:44 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

characters are completely different tho he basically plays a hard assed thug in lookout

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:46 am 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

Goode was on Film 2008 (a pretty big BBC show) last night to promote Brideshead Revisited, but the presenter Jonathon Ross, who is a major major Alan Moore fan (he appears in all the documentaries like Comics Britannia to say how much he loves him) - understandably wanted to talk more about Watchmen than the film they were meant to be talking about! There's a couple of points of interest here...

---

JR: I'm gonna start talking about comics now, because Matthew - playing Ozymandias in Watchmen - Cmon! I can't wait for that! Have you seen it?

MG: I think at the moment they're trying to get it down, cos Zack - I spoke to him on the phone the other day, he's the director - the initial running time was 3 hours and 25 minutes and the studio's trying to get it down to below 3 hours. And he's basically like, "I've made an arthouse movie", and they're expecting this whole...But it looks amazing!

JR: I rarely say this but I'd be quite happy if it was 4 hours long

MG: I know! Everyone would! Everyone as a fan is like it should be that length otherwise they're going to be upset

---

I like this mention of 3 hours 25 minutes! I especially like how he says the studio is asking to cut it down to "below 3 hours"....that sounds like it might not be nearly as bad as we feared...from the sounds of this interview, the very least it'll be is something like 2hrs 45mins....While bigger is better, that running time is certainly a lot better than the 2hrs 15mins or so we might have otherwise expected...
Of course, I'm only speculating but that's how I'm interpreting Goode's words...
Other than that the interview was notable for how excited he is about Watchmen...both Ross and Goode had that puppy dog look in their eyes that was immediately lost when they talked again about Brideshead...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:53 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Haha!

Thanks for that, AYB.

Nice tidbit on the running time.

Quote:
I spoke to him on the phone the other day

Almost like insider news, eh?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:03 am 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

Soupdragon wrote:
Quote:
I spoke to him on the phone the other day

Almost like insider news, eh?

Yeah...you get the impression that Matthew and Zack are genuinely friends...he didn't mention his surname, and hesitated to mention that he's the director. It was kinda like he was so wrapped up in the excitement that he forgot for a moment that he was on TV!
If this video makes it onto youtube, it's well worth seeing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6