WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:39 am 
New Frontiersman

Peter O'Toole as Adrian? Interesting Idea. If we are going to do the "dream casting thing" then I might just start a new thread, hehehe.

I'm not sure about Matthew Goode as Adrian yet. I know this is a superficial comment, but Adrian is a total blonde haired blue eyed pretty boy and Goode doesn't seem to fit the look. However I'm not knocking his acting ability.....

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste......

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:51 am 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

are you thinking along the lines of brad pitt, jude law? yeah i used to think they wouldve been cool, but the project wouldve got too caught up in women's glossy mags...
welcome btw! pleasure to have you here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:53 pm 
Watchmaker

Darkweaver wrote:
Peter O'Toole as Adrian? Interesting Idea. If we are going to do the "dream casting thing" then I might just start a new thread, hehehe.

I'm not sure about Matthew Goode as Adrian yet. I know this is a superficial comment, but Adrian is a total blonde haired blue eyed pretty boy and Goode doesn't seem to fit the look. However I'm not knocking his acting ability.....

You know...

...I see Goode completely filling out the role of Adrian. I mean, Goode has actually been known as the "pretty boy" and "deep thinker" throughout his career. In almost every interview, he flashes a golden smile, puts on the cap, and contiuously answers question after question, with even a better answer to the dumb question.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:06 pm 

even speaking as a guy, i can say that goode is one hell of a charmer *jealous*

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:27 pm 
New Frontiersman

I just watched "The Lookout", and although Goode's role in it was not exactly similar to Adrian except on the surface, his performance has convinced me that he will be one of the best things about this movie.

I'm actually impressed with all of the actors now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:42 am 
A brother to dragons.

Yeah, it's a pretty good performance from him in The Lookout - but he still looks a little scrawny for the role. Hopefully he and Patrick Wilson both bulk up in their respective ways.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:44 pm 
Watchmaker

floydtheater07 wrote:
I just watched "The Lookout", and although Goode's role in it was not exactly similar to Adrian except on the surface, his performance has convinced me that he will be one of the best things about this movie.

I'm actually impressed with all of the actors now.

Me too. I love the cast now. (After finally catching Little Children, MI:III, and much others.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:00 pm 

Yes, I adored Little Children and really liked The Lookout (I think MG is a really strong contender for our best actor, alongside JEH), though in MI:iii, Billy Crudup was unlucky to have been given a really crap character

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:26 am 
A brother to dragons.

What's JEH's role in Little Children? I don't want to spoil the movie by looking at quotes, but I also don't want to rent it if it's just a tiny little part.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:03 am 

Well its also got Patrick 'Dan Dreiberg' Wilson in a big role, so you should definitely see the whole thing - its a really terrific movie and JEH is its very heart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:37 pm 
A brother to dragons.

Patrick Wilson was sold to me by Angels in America. Definitely worth watching.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:08 pm 

I'll lookout for it - oh that joke never gets old! - but you simply must see Little Children, what what.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:53 pm 
Watchmaker

The Veidt Method wrote:
Patrick Wilson was sold to me by Angels in America. Definitely worth watching.

Little Children for me. That narrator was annoying, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:07 pm 

Rorsach wrote:
That narrator was annoying, though.

I dunno, I found it/him quite amusing. It kinda reminded me of the radio one in A Scanner Darkly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:48 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Not knowing this actor at all, I didn't have much to say about Matthew Good as Ozy, but after seeing the EW cover, I have to say... he doesn't LOOK the part. He may blow me away in the role, but someone mentioned he looked a little like a mouse or a rat, and I have to agree...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:09 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

He lacks the presence required to star someone with a perfect body and top intellect. He looks too young and not very threatening.
He's 1.88 (6'2"") and doesn't look like it.

Hopefully his portraying is convincing enough to make me forget about his bland looks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:23 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

I think he's been saddled with a shocking costume, but as someone else said there's a certain, Bowie-esque look about him which kind of works. Yes, maybe they should have cast older, but Veidt was supposed to be this perfect physical specimen, this perfect human right? The fact he doesn't look to have aged that much fits, and Goode does have presence. Check him out in Matchpoint and Lookout, and then watch an interview. He's a sharp fuck and I like to think people will be surprised at his performance.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:53 am 
Vigilante

Like most people said, I'm unsure about him. More than his face not looking the part, I don't like his costume change. But I think, like most things, it'll smooth over and end up being pretty decent. I have faith.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:57 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Kingmob wrote:
I think he's been saddled with a shocking costume, but as someone else said there's a certain, Bowie-esque look about him which kind of works. Yes, maybe they should have cast older, but Veidt was supposed to be this perfect physical specimen, this perfect human right? The fact he doesn't look to have aged that much fits, and Goode does have presence. Check him out in Matchpoint and Lookout, and then watch an interview. He's a sharp fuck and I like to think people will be surprised at his performance.

I got to watch Match Point yet. I will do soon. I will report back my feelings after watching him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:03 pm 

Cirex wrote:
I got to watch Match Point yet. I will do soon. I will report back my feelings after watching him.

I haven't seen it but I asked a guy I know who has and he says the film is appallingly bad, but Matthew Goode is fantastic...I was very happy when I heard that :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next