WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:58 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

We've seen naff all of Goode as Veidt to say either way. Unless he's in that Comic Con footage declaring, 'I have a body that would make a leper snigger, my reflexes are poor, dexterity shot to shit, and I couldn't lift a Happy Meal box if my life depended on it', I think you can relax a little.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:35 am 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Cirex wrote:
Veidt has a perfect body. He has great coordination, strength, dexterity, etc.

Goode doesn't give that feeling.

he has a greek body. in terms of concept, it's perfect.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:48 am 
Alien Squid Monster

What does a villain look like?

I think if someone was introducted to Batman without knowing anything about him, he could be seen as a villain. I'd say somebody who doesnt know the movie would think Comedian or Rorshach look more like villains than Ozymandius does. You're just too familiar with the source material so you're slanted.

Ozymandius looks like a blond guy in weird colorful armour. The nipples comes from Alexander The Great era armour. He has blacks under his eyes because he's a human being, and they tend to have dark circles under their eyes. He lives in the end. Appreciate all that Zach has done to mantain the source material, and don't try to project into characters possible changes that could occur from their looks.

"Do it? Dan, I'm not a republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Last edited by TooDarkMark on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:50 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Not to mention that screen shot posted is from the end of the movie where he has told the others about his plan, fought a few of them, and seen his plan be successful.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:18 am 
Oh how the ghost of you clings...

Gourmet wrote:

Moore's Ozymandias looks peaceful, wise and charming. Well, I admit he might also look pretentious and snobbish. However he is not the dark, tired and woried person seen in the trailer and pictures from the film. He doesn't have shadows under the eyes or the disgusting nipples.

I'm afraid Zack is trying to make Ozymandias looks like a villain, make him ugly and hated by all and then kill him at the end.

What do you think?

It's already been confirmed Veidt lives...

-John Cale

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:30 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Goode is 30 years old he isn't a baby or anything and a solid actor but i have to ask this why wasn't jude law offered it. I am not saying goode wont do good i feel he will but jude already had the blond hair and is a somewhat big name actor with experience . He is actually older he is 36 was it just zack preferring unknowns or he saw something great in good and Jude is a big watchmen fan while Matt never heard of it before ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:33 pm 
Vigilante

Because of budget. Also Zack thought a listers would compromise the movie generally. There were early conversations with major actors but it made no sense to cast one or two and make the cast lop-sided. Going for lesser-knowns freed up money for more sets, CGI etc, one would presume.

S

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:39 pm 
Crimebuster

I wonder if the slightly odd look (dark circles, for example) are an attempt to "age" him.

Given his healthful state (and the number of "health and beauty" products he was a part of), Adrian would have a somewhat unusal aged look you sometimes see in celebs (think: David Bowie 15 or 20 years ago).
And aging younger actors with make-up in films often looks kind of odd, anyhow.

Not sure that's what is supposed to be goin on here, just making a guess.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:06 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

ya in my opinion viedt looks terrible i can understand why they would want unknown actors, but i think the main reason why i dislike Goode as ozzy is because of the costume, his mask looks stupid and his hair is just odd, and the costume has more blacks than purple. its just very disappointing. lol its quite funny when people say viedt is the one who look like a villain where as when my friends saw the trailer he said they all look like villains.

WATCHMEN (Directors Cut)
Overall 8.8/10
Surprisingly a vast improvement!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:11 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

for fuck's sake another "oh noez ozymandihas daznt l00k leik in teh n0v3l" thread.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:09 pm 
Vigilante

Heh, I just realized how much Goode's Ozymandias look reminded me of that Donald Trump clone from Gremlins 2.
I'm a bit on the fence as to wether that is a good or bad thing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:24 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I love Matthew Goode. I think he's a fabulous actor. I'm not going to say that he doesn't look right for the part because we haven't seen him acting in it yet. But from the novel... I do feel like the men in it were bulked up more. I think the only one who nails it on that front is Jeffrey Dean Morgan. All the others kind of look too scrawny for me to believe. But as for Matthew, he may not look it, but let's see if he can act it. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:28 pm 
A brother to dragons.

sweetsparerow wrote:
I love Matthew Goode. I think he's a fabulous actor. I'm not going to say that he doesn't look right for the part because we haven't seen him acting in it yet. But from the novel... I do feel like the men in it were bulked up more. I think the only one who nails it on that front is Jeffrey Dean Morgan. All the others kind of look too scrawny for me to believe. But as for Matthew, he may not look it, but let's see if he can act it. :D

I thought the same, but they did bulk up Patrick to play Dan (it looks good in the footage, trust me), and Manhattan and Rorschach both look good... only Laurie and Veidt are lacking in the bulk department.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:31 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

The Veidt Method wrote:
sweetsparerow wrote:

I thought the same, but they did bulk up Patrick to play Dan (it looks good in the footage, trust me), and Manhattan and Rorschach both look good... only Laurie and Veidt are lacking in the bulk department.

I can't believe it with Patrick. He's a sensational actor and seeing Dan and him. It's like it was written in the stars. Perfection. Manhattan looks good too, but it's all mostly CGI right?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:25 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Well with Doc it's motion capture. So it's all Crudup's movements and expressions and stuff, and the people acting with him had someone to actually act with, instead of just a tennis ball on a stick or whatever.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:28 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Pliny wrote:
Well with Doc it's motion capture. So it's all Crudup's movements and expressions and stuff, and the people acting with him had someone to actually act with, instead of just a tennis ball on a stick or whatever.

Thought so. But he didn't actually bulk up right? I mean they added that...?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:48 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

They added it. He's just a little guy :!:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:49 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

clevergirl wrote:
They added it. He's just a little guy :!:

Yeah, I thought so. Luckily it does look like Patrick bulked up a little for Night Owl.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:23 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Quote:
instead of just a tennis ball on a stick or whatever

You mean Hayden Christensen?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:32 am 
A brother to dragons.

Soupdragon wrote:
Quote:
instead of just a tennis ball on a stick or whatever

You mean Keanu Reeves?

Fixed that for you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next