WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:40 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Is anyone else who bought the Director's Cut really disappointed by the fact that they can only get the Theatrical Cut with the digital download? I don't know, I just think that's really tacky of Warner Bros. You should be able to get what you paid for. If I wanted the Theatrical Cut, I would've bought the Theatrical Cut.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:06 pm 
Minuteman

i actually dont mind, i was very pleased with the result of the Directors Cut. And the fact that it comes with the theatrical version as a digital copy gives you 2 ways to expierence Watchmen. As long as watchmen actually gets on my iPod, i dont care which version i get.

BTW, the Directors Cut is on iTunes Store

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:13 pm 
Vigilante

I think WB are very tedious and sly like that with their marketing. A convinient mistake of neglecting to mention that the Watchmen Game does'nt really come on the disk, but is actually 0.01% cheaper or something rediculous. Then they announce releasing the Watchmen Ultimate edition for a little more money with everythink and more on it... Now this...

~L

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:28 pm 
Vigilante

BloodySmiley1 wrote:
BTW, the Directors Cut is on iTunes Store

That explains everything.

Of course, this doesn't affect me at all, since I have nowhere to put the digital copy on anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:57 pm 
Oh how the ghost of you clings...

I'm very happy that it's the TC. Now I can compare the two versions if I ever want to.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:46 pm 
...I am Pagliacci.

What is this theactical cut people seem to think is out there? ;) The directors cut is the only true watchmen movie.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:27 pm 
Oh how the ghost of you clings...

There is no true Watchmen movie. Nor could there ever be. The DC is just less impossibly far away than the TC.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:49 pm 
New Frontiersman

I don't like being charged whatever extra they've worked into the price for a digital copy I can't download! The disc is worthless as it only works with XP and I have Vista. Or am I missing something?

All I get when I insert the disc is a message telling me I need an internet connection. As my computer is always connected to the internet, I don't know what this message is about. So I tried opening my browser and got the same message. So I opened my browser before inserting the disc and got the same message.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do with this digital copy other than using it as a frisbee?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:07 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

I presume you've already tried googling the exact message it comes up with?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:19 pm 
New Frontiersman

I tried Warner's help website which was no help at all

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:31 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

I've never used a digital copy disc, but is it possible to run it in compatibility mode?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:43 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Location: The Gemini sector, tooling around the space lanes of the frontier.
joshsirjoshules wrote:
You should be able to get what you paid for. If I wanted the Theatrical Cut, I would've bought the Theatrical Cut.

I don't understand the problem here. You did get what you paid for, which was the director's cut. The second disc had the special features, as well as the offer to get the theatrical cut through a digital download. Do you have to pay for that download, or are they giving it away with the purchase of the DC? If you don't want the TC, then don't download it, and just keep the DC and Special Features, which you already have.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:45 pm 
Indestructible Man

Mr. Ex wrote:
I don't like being charged whatever extra they've worked into the price for a digital copy I can't download! The disc is worthless as it only works with XP and I have Vista. Or am I missing something?

I haven't tried the digital copy of Watchmen, but I've done it for TDK and I imagine it's the same thing.

The digital copy for TDK worked just fine for my MacBook. In fact, the digital copy turned out to be nothing more than a voucher for a free copy of the movie off of iTunes. Give it a try.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:01 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Location: The Gemini sector, tooling around the space lanes of the frontier.
Well, if the digital copy of the TC is free, then I don't see what the problem is. It'd be a little silly if you had to pay to download it, but then, you don't have to. You have the DC, which is what you paid for, and the TC being available to download digitally shouldn't make a whole lot of difference one way or the other. I don't see why it's such a terrible thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:44 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

Mine doesn't work, I downloaded it from the DVD disc 2 abut all I get is a gray screen, in addition it shows the images in the chapter selection, and it 'plays' in the time bar, nothing shows and there is no sound

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:12 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

Yeah, it is kind of a drag. The DVD came out the day before I flew down to Comic-Con. So I picked it up and figured, "hey, Digital Copy! No need to pack the DVD!" I was going to watch the Director's Cut with a buddy on the flight down before seeing the screening Zack spoke at, figuring I wanted to see the DC straight through before watching it with Zack's commentary and audience questions. But a few minutes after hitting "play" on the flight, I realized I had the old theatrical version instead. *sigh*. So that screening turned out to be my first viewing of the Director's Cut. And judging by the show of hands, only a tiny portion of people there had a chance to see the DC beforehand too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:03 am 
Crimebuster

Mr. Ex wrote:

All I get when I insert the disc is a message telling me I need an internet connection. As my computer is always connected to the internet, I don't know what this message is about. So I tried opening my browser and got the same message. So I opened my browser before inserting the disc and got the same message.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do with this digital copy other than using it as a frisbee?

The weird thing is, I put the 2nd disc into my computer once, the screen where it asks for the code and everything, and it was Vista but I never realy went farther then that.

btw, for anyone who actually downloaded the Digital Copy, how Gigabytes does it take up?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:13 pm 
Minuteman

Dr Veidt wrote:
Mr. Ex wrote:

The weird thing is, I put the 2nd disc into my computer once, the screen where it asks for the code and everything, and it was Vista but I never realy went farther then that.

btw, for anyone who actually downloaded the Digital Copy, how Gigabytes does it take up?

About 2.29 GB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:51 am 
Minuteman

[NOTE: Merged. --"Curiosity Inc."]

So I was at Best Buy yesterday, and decided to buy The Tales of the Black Frieghter DVD to complete my Watchmen collection along with Directors Cut and Motion Comic.

The box for the movie gives no indication of their being a Digital Copy of the movie. But after opening the box, i saw a little paper that said how to get your Digital Copy of the movie. I got excited at first, but was dissapointed that its only a Windows Media copy of the film.

So is anyone else feeling pissed off that the only digital copy of Black Freighter is a Windows Media copy and not iTunes?
And correct me if i'm wrong but why does the Blu-Ray version of Black Freighter come with an ipod digital copy?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:08 am 
Tired of Earth.

you can upload it to iTunes.