WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Disc 2 extras
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:39 pm 
Oh how the ghost of you clings...

How do you all feel about the extras on Disc 2?

I really liked the one about the grahpic novel, though Alan Moore's absence is really distracting.
The one about "real superheroes" was kind of weird. Interesting in places, but I don't see myself ever watching it again.
Same with the science one. Had it's moments I guess.

Even if I didn't know about the Ultimate Edition, I think I would still be saying "they must be planning a special edition." Because the extras leave a lot to be desired. I had the exact same thought about The Dark Knight after watching the extras.

(By the way, be sure to watch all the production diaries. They are NOT the ones you've seen online. Similar, but very different)

Post subject: Re: Disc 2 extras
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:53 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

I agree, the special features left a lot to be desired. The same could be said for a lot of movies these days, especially those released after Blu-ray appeared on the scene in 2006/2007. I guess people just don't care as much about special features anymore for studios to make them worthwhile.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:15 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

ROR-SHACK wrote:
(By the way, be sure to watch all the production diaries. They are NOT the ones you've seen online. Similar, but very different)

Hey, thanks for the tip! I would have overlooked these, but yeah, there's a lot of different footage! Patrick & Zack in the Owl Ship discussing how to work the throttle controls. Patrick basically says, "But in the Millenium Falcon, don't the push this FORWARD?"

Some extra footage in there of Haley in Kovacs mode before they revealed his look to the public, and some other crew speaking, whom I don't remember at all from these clips online. Definitely worth a look back!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:11 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I was quite dissopointed with the Extras. I was hoping for abit more than what we actually got. I cant belive they didn't even included the Trailers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:59 pm 
New Frontiersman

We've got two different worlds when it comes to the DVD extras.

The extras on the standard DVD are the same as on the blu-ray, and, frankly they are not all that good. But there's a reason for this.

The really good stuff is in the blu-ray movie itself. The interactive viewing mode not only has the Zack Snyder walk-ons but also allows you to cut away to the timeline comparison, photos, Zack's stroyboards, and behind the scenes/making of footage. All of these great items would be there own special feature back and have been woven into the movie with incredibly entertaining results.

But ALL interactive this stuff isn't on the standard DVD.

It seems Warners has decided that it's time for all of us to own a blu-ray player. If you want to really experience WATCHMEN, that is. Now I have a blu-ray player on my computer and an HD monitor. I've been enjoying all of this stuff immensely! It's kind of cool to know that watching the Director's Cut with all of this bonus material takes DAYS! Great, great stuff.

But folks with standard DVD are pretty much left out in the cold and this isn't fair in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:01 am 
Intrinsic Field Subtractor

Disc 2 was scarcely worth the money. Very disapointing, Veidt.

If I drop the money for a directors cut, I should get a director's commentary. I think this goes without saying.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:38 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

It needed more, especially a commentary.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:03 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

The special features were very disapointing.
I don't like the Maximum Movie mode either, and hope that it does not become a common feature in future releases. If I want to watch the film, I will watch the film, and if I want to watch the special features, I will watch the special features. I don't want both happening at the same time (and with the Director's Cut being over 3 hours, it would be alot better to have the features as seperate shorter documentaries on the second disc).

- OZYMANDIAS - interview in NOVA/EXPRESS
Aug. 1977