WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Will and testament
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:37 am 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
Writer Of Wrongs wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
Shit.

I'm pretty certain you've happened upon your sought-after review right there... in handy lump form.

Snark? Did you feel the movie was "shit?"

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will and testament
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:57 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
DoomsdayClock wrote:
Writer Of Wrongs wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
Shit.

I'm pretty certain you've happened upon your sought-after review right there... in handy lump form.

Snark? Did you feel the movie was "shit?"

I do recall my final reasoning for Writer of Wrongs not being AYB was the fact that he either hated the movie, never saw it, or both. I don't quite remember.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Testify!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:20 pm 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1470
Godziller66 wrote:
Writer of Wrongs not being AYB


...

Oh, man.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Statute of Limitations
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:48 pm 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1470
Hey, anybody remember KenWMFan? It's his birthday today, apparently. God, that fucking guy.

Oh, man. I really know a lot of things.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Testify!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:56 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Broken Finger wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Writer of Wrongs not being AYB


...

Oh, man.

Not really sure what that's supposed to denote.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: An Arrested Development
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:47 am 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1470
Godziller66 wrote:
Not really sure what that's supposed to denote.


Nothing. It was just me being mildly obnoxious.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:19 am 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
Godziller66 wrote:
Broken Finger wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Writer of Wrongs not being AYB


...

Oh, man.

Not really sure what that's supposed to denote.


I have a suspicion that Writer of Wrongs is Clint Flicker. Which might explain that comment from the Finger.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:28 am 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
t3cii wrote:
I have a suspicion that Writer of Wrongs is Clint Flicker. Which might explain that comment from the Finger.

I hope not. The way Clint took his ball and went home, if he came back under a new account that would be pretty cowardly. Big pet peeve of mine. If you righteously storm off, stay away. I can respect that. Don't crawl back under a new name. Pretty fucking lame. I hope you are wrong.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Thick Plottes
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:23 am 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1470
t3cii wrote:
Which might explain that comment from the Finger.


No, I was thinking about something else.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
The way Clint took his ball and went home


Man, I don't remember that at all. I'm going to go look it up.




EDIT: ...came so close to falling down a 6½ year old rabbit hole...and I'm meant to be working, too...the abyss...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thick Plottes
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:26 pm 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
Broken Finger wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
The way Clint took his ball and went home


Man, I don't remember that at all. I'm going to go look it up.

There was a thread for jokes and I told one that he found "offensive." He got on his soapbox and stated due to my tasteless joke he would never frequent my website or forum again. :roll:

It was at that time where him, you, Vynson and others from The Vivarium (is that still going?) we're not sure if this site was going to be a "kiss DC/WB's ass fanboy tard zone" so I remember you guys were putting me and some other members through our paces (and rightfully so) to see what we were made of.

I thought it was odd that the joke made him leave. I think he was sorta looking for an excuse to bail out anyway.

If you want to know the joke, I'm going to make you look it up. ;)

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:37 pm 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1470
Was it the one about the clown costume?

I do remember that, but I think it was me that was offended and stormed off, and not Clint Flicker. I overreacted to that joke because of something else that was happening that day at this site, and my blood pressure was already through the roof. I don't care to name any names, but a new person had shown up and was annoying the shit out of me.

The Viv is, uh, whaddyacall, a bit quiet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:55 pm 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
Broken Finger wrote:
Was it the one about the clown costume?

I do remember that, but I think it was me that was offended and stormed off, and not Clint Flicker. I overreacted to that joke because of something else that was happening that day at this site, and my blood pressure was already through the roof. I don't care to name any names, but a new person had shown up and was annoying the shit out of me.

The Viv is, uh, whaddyacall, a bit quiet.

Yes! I guess it was you. I'm glad you stayed. That brings us back to Clint. I forget why he left.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Don't Say His Name
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:02 pm 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1470
DoomsdayClock wrote:
Yes! I guess it was you. I'm glad you stayed. That brings us back to Clint. I forget why he left.


I came back because you were super cool about it, and I realized that I was misplacing my aggression, anyway. I felt pretty stupid about the whole thing, honestly.

I don't remember why CLINT left, either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't Say His Name
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:16 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Broken Finger wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
Yes! I guess it was you. I'm glad you stayed. That brings us back to Clint. I forget why he left.


I came back because you were super cool about it, and I realized that I was misplacing my aggression, anyway. I felt pretty stupid about the whole thing, honestly.

I don't remember why CLINT left, either.

I miss cunt fucker. He liked to fuck cunts, as I recall. Though I'm pretty sure he was a closet homosexual.

Hurm.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Don't Say His Name
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:26 pm 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
Godziller66 wrote:
I miss cunt fucker. He liked to fuck cunts, as I recall. Though I'm pretty sure he was a closet homosexual.

Hurm.

Must investigate further. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA



:|

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:31 pm 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
This was Clint's final post. Seems someone got under his skin and he bailed out…

http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=227&p=3853#p3853

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Trip down memory lane
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:29 pm 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
DoomsdayClock wrote:
t3cii wrote:
I have a suspicion that Writer of Wrongs is Clint Flicker. Which might explain that comment from the Finger.

I hope not. The way Clint took his ball and went home, if he came back under a new account that would be pretty cowardly. Big pet peeve of mine. If you righteously storm off, stay away. I can respect that. Don't crawl back under a new name. Pretty fucking lame. I hope you are wrong.


Well, I had this idea a while back, but i forget what prompted it. Maybe it was his writing style, or that he seemed to be an old Watchmen fan. Like old enough to have read it when it came out. I don't remember.

Broken Finger wrote:
t3cii wrote:
Which might explain that comment from the Finger.


No, I was thinking about something else.


Sorry, I was just thinking of this one time where it seemed like several forum members were constantly at each other's throats. And I remember a specific incident where AYB felt he needed to address the forum, because he thought people were annoyed with him for the frequency of his posts. And was there something about someone making a fake AYB account? I don't think I was posting regularly at the time, so I missed the argument, but I do remember AYB going into a self imposed exile from WCM for a few weeks. Maybe you guys remember what I'm talking about? Anyways, I had been under the assumption he was banned, since he abruptly stopped posting. I also thought he might be a particular member of the Vivarium, after this person had made a comment where they slammed this forum.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:33 pm 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
t3cii wrote:
Sorry, I was just thinking of this one time where it seemed like several forum members were constantly at each other's throats. And I remember a specific incident where AYB felt he needed to address the forum, because he thought people were annoyed with him for the frequency of his posts. And was there something about someone making a fake AYB account? I don't think I was posting regularly at the time, so I missed the argument, but I do remember AYB going into a self imposed exile from WCM for a few weeks. Maybe you guys remember what I'm talking about? Anyways, I had been under the assumption he was banned, since he abruptly stopped posting. I also thought he might be a particular member of the Vivarium, after this person had made a comment where they slammed this forum.

AYB was never banned. I think a few forum members were breaking his balls a little too much and he left. He's never been back since then, but does post on the Facebook page.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:04 pm 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
DoomsdayClock wrote:
t3cii wrote:
Sorry, I was just thinking of this one time where it seemed like several forum members were constantly at each other's throats. And I remember a specific incident where AYB felt he needed to address the forum, because he thought people were annoyed with him for the frequency of his posts. And was there something about someone making a fake AYB account? I don't think I was posting regularly at the time, so I missed the argument, but I do remember AYB going into a self imposed exile from WCM for a few weeks. Maybe you guys remember what I'm talking about? Anyways, I had been under the assumption he was banned, since he abruptly stopped posting. I also thought he might be a particular member of the Vivarium, after this person had made a comment where they slammed this forum.

AYB was never banned. I think a few forum members were breaking his balls a little too much and he left. He's never been back since then, but does post on the Facebook page.


I'm sorry, I meant I thought Clint had been banned as a result of some encounter with AYB. I distinctly remember AYB saying someone had followed him here from the IMDb boards, making a joke account. This was back when AYB was posting at a high frequency. But my memories are a bit hazy, and there was a lot of arguing back then.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Memory Panes
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:49 pm 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1470
DoomsdayClock wrote:
AYB was never banned.


You considered it, though, however briefly, way back when.

t3cii wrote:
And I remember a specific incident where AYB felt he needed to address the forum, because he thought people were annoyed with him for the frequency of his posts. And was there something about someone making a fake AYB account? I don't think I was posting regularly at the time, so I missed the argument, but I do remember AYB going into a self imposed exile from WCM for a few weeks. Maybe you guys remember what I'm talking about?


Yep. I remember.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.093s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]