WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Overall, what is your reaction to Zack's answers in part I
It improved my opinion of how Snyder is handling the film. I'm excited - now more than ever before. 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
It didn't change my opinion. I knew Snyder was doing a good job. 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
It didn't change my opinion, but I'm still on the fence about Snyder in general. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It didn't change my opinion. I still feel Snyder will deliver a poor adaptation. 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
It lessened my opinion of how Snyder is handling the film. I'm more worried now that he's going to screw it up. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:09 pm 
Tired of Earth.

JDsgirlBev wrote:
Thanks for giving us all this opportunity DD. And thanks to Zack for answering. May I link this article to my forum?
Yeah, I think this is open season on referencing our site right now. So long as everyone gives credit where it's due (DD, myself and WCM.Com), anyone can link to the article.

t3cii wrote:
Too be fair to you and everyone else, I don't have a problem with the questions asked. It just takes seeing stuff from the set to get me amped up. Remember how exciting it was when we saw those first set photos?
No offense taken.

Snyder is giving some great answers and it's clear how passionate he is about the project. Still, all his pretty words will only matter until March 6, 2009. None of it will make any difference unless we see it onscreen. Luckily, I see no reason to dampen optimism.

SmellsLikeNostalgia wrote:
This is definitely my favorite part:

Quote:
It seemed most important to tell the story of the advent of the Minutemen and later Dr. Manhattan.

It supports a couple of things I was hoping might show up in the film, namely:

- The Minutemen being called the Minutemen. None of that Watchmen/New Watchmen crap, please.
- The Minutemen being shown as important. Though most members of the team are deceased by the end of the story, each one is important to both the plot and the general deconstruction of the superhero that the graphic novel focuses on. To cut out the tiny bits of information we are given on all of them (including those that barely got any lines in the story - I'm looking at you, Dollar Bill) may ruin the Watchmen universe.
You know, I completely forgot about that Watchmen/New Watchmen thing. I'm glad he addressed that, however indirectly.

Dollar Bill is most definitely in the movie (they didn't skimp on the costume, either), and Snyder cast one of his regular actors in the Nite Owl I role. Yes, I can definitely see the importance he's placing on the previous generation of superheroes.

Now, who wants to place bets on Cpt. Metropolis pulling the Crimebusters meeting together?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:24 pm 
New Frontiersman

Thanks a lot DD, CI, and of course Zack. I'm really pleased that he replied with in-depth answers and didn't resort to rhetoric to please us. Some filmmakers do that, and I'm glad that he really seemed to take the time to address our questions.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:30 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

Kudos, DD & Zack! This first part alone has been worth the wait!

Last edited by HappyHarry on Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:36 pm 
Tired of Earth.

floydtheater07 wrote:
Thanks a lot DD, CI, and of course Zack. I'm really pleased that he replied with in-depth answers and didn't resort to rhetoric to please us. Some filmmakers do that, and I'm glad that he really seemed to take the time to address our questions.
You know we wouldn't let him get away with rhetoric.

I too am very glad that he put as much thought into his answers as you all put into your questions.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:50 pm 
Watchmaker

Zack definitely has a firm understanding of the material.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:27 am 
...I am Pagliacci.

Great job. Thanks again to DD, Curiosity, Mr. Snyder and WB.

Spanish translation of this first part of the interview:
http://www.peliculawatchmen.com/2008/02/tengo-una-pregunta-para-usted-seor.html

Post subject: Thaw on the way.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:49 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Sitting at work yesterday waiting, waiting. Hehe. Had to go home to a dead Internet connection as my ISP is playing silly buggers.

So here I am, tuesday morning, back at work. :mrgreen: <-- one happy puppy

Fantastic questions! Respect, people. And some very interesting answers at this stage. The main feeling I get is that Zack Snyder fully respects the source material. He's a craftsmen when it comes to style and imagery, so I can only relax in the knowledge that the project looks like becoming a classic already.

Well done guys for getting this fixed up. Very cool.

As to the current temperature of the Cold War...
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/02/11/ru ... index.html

Come on in! The water's lovely!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:01 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Now, who wants to place bets on Cpt. Metropolis pulling the Crimebusters meeting together?

You don't happen to know, do you? ;)

lol so you say part 2 will be juicier, dd?
are we gonna get good news or bad news then?

can'twaitcan'twait

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:55 pm 
The Watcher

AYBGerrardo wrote:
so you say part 2 will be juicier, dd?
are we gonna get good news or bad news then?

Not saying. I think many of you thought the first story was going to be some mind blowing revelations that would shake the foundations of Watchmen fandom and were a bit let down.

So, the second part will suck more than the first. Nothing good at all. All boring non-descript shit. ;)

It's bad enough the lawsuit story is taking the wind out of the Q&A story's sails. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:27 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

I did it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:17 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

lmao soupie!
yeah this fox news sucks - if theyre successful i might just boycott fox movies, anyone wanna join me?

hurm so ddc, it'll be crap? yeah in that case i dunno if i'll bother reading it...maybe i'll check in a couple of months or so....

;) !

oh btw thanks for linking to my vids!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:44 am 
New Frontiersman

That is a fantastic pic :)

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste......

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:30 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

Looks like I'll be waiting for Pt 2 to get anything interesting.

Thanks to DDC et al for setting this up though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:36 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Kingmob wrote:
Looks like I'll be waiting for Pt 2 to get anything interesting.

Thanks to DDC et al for setting this up though.

You didn't find my Q & A riveting?!?!?!? :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:45 pm 
Tired of Earth.

ManOWar wrote:
You didn't find my Q & A riveting?!?!?!? :P
Your Q&A? No, that was your Q and Snyder's A. And a whole bunch of other people's Q's as well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:47 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

like me!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:51 pm 
The Watcher

I thought the Q&A would be a huge traffic draw with tons of site's linking to it. I mean, it is an exclusive Zack Snyder interview. It's not like those happen every day. There are three reasons why it was not a big draw...

1. It sucked. Not enough information to warrant external site coverage
2. The FOX lawsuit was a juicier Watchmen story, so everyone decided to break that one instead
3. Everone knows about it, but is waiting to see what gets published on Thursday so they can cherry pick the best answers for their teases.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:23 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
I thought the Q&A would be a huge traffic draw with tons of site's linking to it. I mean, it is an exclusive Zack Snyder interview. It's not like those happen every day. There are three reasons why it was not a big draw...

2. The FOX lawsuit was a juicier Watchmen story, so everyone decided to break that one instead
3. Everone knows about it, but is waiting to see what gets published on Thursday so they can cherry pick the best answers for their teases.

I wasn't the slightest bit disappointed in pt. 1. From a content standpoint, the answers were simply more consequential to fans of the story, like myself. You've also already stated that the juicier answers were saved for pt. 2, which is smart.

If both parts had appeared immediately after the FOX story, then there might be suspicions that they were timed to draw attention away from that, or if the FOX story broke after parts 1 & 2, they might quickly have been forgotten. So the timing of these events could have easily been worse.

Depending on what we read in pt. 2, the attention taken up by the FOX story may be diffused slightly, but I'm just looking forward to what Zack has to say first and foremost.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:39 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

DoomsdayClock wrote:

While I wouldn't say it sucked, for me it wasn't enough information to get excited about. I'm not sure we found out anything major. Maybe had he mentioned whether or not the Squid stays in the picture, or Veidt not being killed, I could get interested, but I usually find interviews to be pretty boring anyways. And I think you're right about the lawsuit taking away it's thunder. Still, I'll check out part two when it's up.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:52 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Heck! I was excited as all get out. I would have been excited if ZS had said nothing more than "it's gonna be great, watch it".

To get a big name director, just as principal photography is winding down on a multi-million dollar project, to answer questions from people who aren't reporters for Variety or People is mind blowing. I've been trying to get Q&As with much, MUCH smaller fish, (small budget indie films with directors you wouldn't know if you tripped over them) and guys, I'm impressed, I'm REAL impressed that DDC pulled this off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next