WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Overall, what is your reaction to Zack's answers in part I
It improved my opinion of how Snyder is handling the film. I'm excited - now more than ever before. 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
It didn't change my opinion. I knew Snyder was doing a good job. 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
It didn't change my opinion, but I'm still on the fence about Snyder in general. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It didn't change my opinion. I still feel Snyder will deliver a poor adaptation. 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
It lessened my opinion of how Snyder is handling the film. I'm more worried now that he's going to screw it up. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:01 pm 
The Watcher

Let me clarify. When I say "it sucked" I meant that the reason other sites didn't link to it is they thought it sucked. I thought it was great. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:12 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
I thought it was great. :)

As did I

lol would you clarify that if you didn't think WB were reading?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:21 pm 
Tired of Earth.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
Let me clarify. When I say "it sucked" I meant that the reason other sites didn't link to it is they thought it sucked. I thought it was great. :)
Same here.

Wait until tomorrow, when both parts are up. It'll be much easier for news sites to write about the event when both halves can easily be linked to.

And mark my words: This will be reported by external news sites, even if I have to shove the story down their respective throats.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:16 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
ManOWar wrote:
You didn't find my Q & A riveting?!?!?!? :P
Your Q&A? No, that was your Q and Snyder's A. And a whole bunch of other people's Q's as well.

Yow! Touchy. Thanks for the "clarification" on my jest to Kingmob... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:42 am 
Tired of Earth.

ManOWar wrote:
Beg pardon. Even with the smileys, it's kinda hard to determine sarcasm.

And anyway, I take great pride in this fan Q&A. DD, Snyder and myself all played vital roles in putting this together, but we're far from the only ones. Let us remember that no one person deserves all the credit for this.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:03 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

t3cii wrote:

While I wouldn't say it sucked, for me it wasn't enough information to get excited about. I'm not sure we found out anything major. Maybe had he mentioned whether or not the Squid stays in the picture, or Veidt not being killed, I could get interested, but I usually find interviews to be pretty boring anyways. And I think you're right about the lawsuit taking away it's thunder. Still, I'll check out part two when it's up.

jesus man, what in wild, wild, world of sports makes you think , or hope, or expect, zack to answer a question like whether or not the squid is in the movie or adrian being killed this early before the movie is released or even after its released. theres no point in being disappointed because the big secrets of the adaptation were not revealed. none of us will know for sure untill the movie is released.

now i hope to god, just like everyone else that these parts of the story will remain intact, but i dont expect an answer till i sit down in the theatre come march 2009.

i for one loved the Q & A. sure pt. 1 didnt give us any answers on what is in the movie itself, but they were more philosophically based questions, pertaining to zack's approach to the movie. those are the types of questions i tried to ask, instead of fanboy details, which i crave to know also.... i guess im a self-conscious fanboy.........it just reminds me of that old Chris Farley Show skit on SNL. which were hilarious but sadly realistic. "hey zack!!! you know Chapter XI page 27 panel 2 of watchmen, is that gonna be in the movie?.....cause that was awesome....."

once again, hilarious but sad and true......

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:52 am 
Tired of Earth.

Quite a few entries came in that asked "What are you taking out?" "What characters made the final cut?" "What was the hardest scene to alter/remove?" etc. As much as I respect and share the concerns of those entrants, I couldn't bring myself to submit one of those. Zack would've seen such an obvious softball and batted it away easy. Waste of a question.

And then there were all the questions about Zack as a director. How he was approaching this, what it's like on the set, etc. Great questions, all of them, but nothing pressing or overly relevant.

Luckily, I found hank_chinaski's question, which perfectly blended the two categories. So, there it was: My attempt to throw in a question about excising material without lobbing a transparent softball. I was hoping Snyder would drop a few hints, but he didn't. Oh, well. It was a great answer all the same.

EDIT: Oh, and if you want the fanboy details, don't worry. They're coming.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:51 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Zack would've seen such an obvious softball and batted it away easy. Waste of a question.

exactly. id it be a question that we would get a good answer to. not waste one something like adrian's death, etc.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Luckily, I found hank_chinaski's question, which perfectly blended the two categories. So, there it was: My attempt to throw in a question about excising material without lobbing a transparent softball. I was hoping Snyder would drop a few hints, but he didn't. Oh, well. It was a great answer all the same.

EDIT: Oh, and if you want the fanboy details, don't worry. They're coming.

why thank you. but yeah, i wanted the question to be something that he could work with, drop some hints, but as you said...

i wonder if they'll have test audiences for this movie. thatd be cool.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:12 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

No offense, but how was it a great answer if he didn't drop any hints? I'm interested to see what's so good about Pt2 if you call any of those dull, Press hawk circling statements great.

And when I say press hawk, I mean they came across as being so safe it was almost pointless. They were akin to some schmuck posting a plant review on a website with as much detail as you could glean from a trailer.

But I'll wait for Pt2, maybe I'll be amazed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:18 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

He can be as vague as he wants at this stage. No danger.

Just as long as I don't come out of the cinema next year scratching my head.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:46 am 
Tired of Earth.

Kingmob wrote:
No offense, but how was it a great answer if he didn't drop any hints? I'm interested to see what's so good about Pt2 if you call any of those dull, Press hawk circling statements great.

It's not about dropping hints, it's about addressing the question.

hank asked Snyder how he judged what to cut out and what to leave in while adapting a work, which he has now done three times. In response, Snyder gave a very thoughtful and sincere answer.

So what if he didn't drop any hints? We didn't ask him to. And if we did, he'd surely refuse to give any answer at all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:58 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
ManOWar wrote:
Beg pardon. Even with the smileys, it's kinda hard to determine sarcasm.

And anyway, I take great pride in this fan Q&A. DD, Snyder and myself all played vital roles in putting this together, but we're far from the only ones. Let us remember that no one person deserves all the credit for this.

Oh, believe my initial "thank yous" to you guys for setting this up. I really do appreciate it, and didn't see I was taking credit for any of the Q & A. I'll be more succint in the future.

I can appreciate Kingmob's lack of enthusiasm about Zack's answers. Our questions were of the "good to know" variety and indeed not very juicy. That being said, I knew going in that the big questions were NOT going to be answered, hence my rather tame question on technique- I find it a very important element that could/should be emulated in the film.

I'm looking forward to juicy part deux as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:20 pm 
Intrinsic Field Subtractor

Hints? Who needs hints? I think the following makes it pretty clear.

Quote:
That being said, as the story progresses we do introduce many of those elements. Including showing Dr. Manhattan’s technology and what he's working on as far as world universal energy.

Which means Jon's blue lighting will provide the killing force for Veidt's plan, which means they are likely retaining Tse's lame ending where Jon is framed.

Which means no squid.

Which means the phrase "I'm absolutely keeping the ending" is some stray Hollywood term that does not translate to the English phrase, "I'm absolutely keeping the ending."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:25 pm 
The Watcher

ManOWar wrote:
That being said, I knew going in that the big questions were NOT going to be answered

Well, we picked the best and most intriguing questions posed by the fans. Like I said, no softballs. He answered every single one, except for the one about the ending. In fact, like I stated earlier, of the fifteen we submitted, the other four that he chose not to answer were more bland then the all of the rest.

Vynson wrote:
Which means Jon's blue lighting will provide the killing force for Veidt's plan, which means they are likely retaining Tse's lame ending where Jon is framed.

Which means no squid.

Which means the phrase "I'm absolutely keeping the ending" is some stray Hollywood term that does not translate to the English phrase, "I'm absolutely keeping the ending."

No. All it means is that some aspects of Tse alternative ending are in place, specifically the Doc working on universal energy. That's all that it definitely means. I'm guessing no squid too, but I bet there is no Doc Manhattan frame up.

For all we know, the Doc's universal energy experiment cause "aliens" to notice Earth and "invade," or something like that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:30 pm 
Tired of Earth.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
No. All it means is that some aspects of Tse alternative ending are in place, specifically the Doc working on universal energy. That's all that it definitely means. I'm guessing no squid too, but I bet there is no Doc Manhattan frame up.
There's also the possibility that the concept of "world universal energy" has nothing to do with the ending. It could just be another service provided by Doc Manhattan, like easy lithium synthesis.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:34 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

DD, any specific time you'll be posting Part 2?

videos we make:
http://www.youtube.com/pennsylvaniapeople

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:37 pm 
The Watcher

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
There's also the possibility that the concept of "world universal energy" has nothing to do with the ending. It could just be another service provided by Doc Manhattan, like easy lithium synthesis.

I thought of that too. Maybe a leftover concept that survived in the shooting script because the development of that type of advanced technology by the Doc would resonate as something incredibly advanced to today's audiences.

mike_tyson wrote:
DD, any specific time you'll be posting Part 2?

Around 2PM again...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:40 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Vynson wrote:
Hints? Who needs hints? I think the following makes it pretty clear.

Quote:
That being said, as the story progresses we do introduce many of those elements. Including showing Dr. Manhattan’s technology and what he's working on as far as world universal energy.

Didn't Snyder say he wanted to slowly introduce Jons effect on the world through technology? I don't take that quote to mean he is talking about the ending. Of course, I could be wrong.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:43 pm 
Watchmaker

Vynson turned this thread upside down within a matter of minutes.

And could Snyder be talking about the supposed ending that popped up on IMDb?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:48 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Rorsach wrote:
Vynson turned this thread upside down within a matter of minutes.

And could Snyder be talking about the supposed ending that popped up on IMDb?
That's what Vynson does best.

And there are so many supposed endings to this movie that I've lost track of them all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next