WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Overall, what is your reaction to Zack's answers in part I
It improved my opinion of how Snyder is handling the film. I'm excited - now more than ever before. 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
It didn't change my opinion. I knew Snyder was doing a good job. 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
It didn't change my opinion, but I'm still on the fence about Snyder in general. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It didn't change my opinion. I still feel Snyder will deliver a poor adaptation. 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
It lessened my opinion of how Snyder is handling the film. I'm more worried now that he's going to screw it up. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:34 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
If they keep the ending we want, we won't have that state of mind or that potential for surprise walking in. So really, we win either way.

Snyder is keeping us guessing because that's the only way to really surprise us. Does that make sense?

Well, why would any director give away the ending of his movie in progress anyway? Sure, it would confirm or deny rumours we fans are aware of, but why spoil that for people who don't know the story and happen to learn that detail inadvertently?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:45 am 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

HappyHarry wrote:
Well, why would any director give away the ending of his movie in progress anyway? Sure, it would confirm or deny rumours we fans are aware of, but why spoil that for people who don't know the story and happen to learn that detail inadvertently?

the way to get around that would be to say the ending is the one from the book...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:04 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

AYBGerrardo wrote:
HappyHarry wrote:

the way to get around that would be to say the ending is the one from the book...

And we're still trying to determine what that means. :P

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:18 am 
Intrinsic Field Subtractor

Those who have read the book and know what the word "ending" means in terms of story structure know good and well what the phrase "I'm absolutely keeping the ending" means.

But we also know that the Hollywoodesebullshitskian translation of the phrase is something along the lines of: "Wait and see."

Which means that a Q and A with Zack Snyder renders less information than a Q and A with a giant dead squidmonsterthingee.

I think Zack will deliver some wonderful scenes and moments to the screen and even more to the DVD. I don't think he'll be delivering WATCHMEN.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:08 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

Just going back to the comments about having more faith in a director who's willing to spend the time weaving in or retaining the Black Freighter story. This will sound like a total hate on for Snyder, but it's that kind of base fanboy appeasement that otherwise hides a lack of understanding about a property. I hope this isn't the case, and it's really a sign he's passionate about every aspect, but it's kind of like X3 and the Phoenix, 'Yay fanboys we're putting her in it....but guess what, we're totally fucking her storyline up and really mishandling the character completely....but...YAY, we've got her in the movie!!!'. At some point studios will stop treating the fanbase as idiots who are simply there to ruin any adaptation of their bible. It's kind of why I hate Avi Arad after his constant abuse over the FF films. The fact they're shit, and could have been so much better if he'd listened to 'the fans' is proof positive he's a retard.