WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:24 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

OK, I gotta speak up about something. Sure, we're all waiting to get our first look at the actors in costume, but does anyone really think it's reasonable that we'd be seeing them this early in the game? The release date is still over a year away. There's also plenty more detail the official site has gone into about the production. I think they've been really good about that so far, and they deserve some slack.

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to release photos of them OUT of their hero costumes first? Say, like seeing Patrick Wilson first as Dan before seeing him as Nite Owl, or Malin Akerman as Laurie before we see her Silk Spectre outfit? (Just as long as we don't see Walter's face until after the film's released. I really hope they can keep a lid on that.) Those fuzzy concept illustrations from the War Room last Fall were pretty generous.

We'll have plenty of time to discuss and/or argue ;) about the costumes before March of next year, but getting a look at them now would only make the wait until 03.06.09 feel longer. I'd even be happy with a "Ridley Scott/Alien" approach, if they just wanted to reveal brief, partial glimpses in the trailers or something, but right now it's just way too soon.

What are your thoughts? Diss me or tell me to shut up if you like, but I've said it now.

Gracias.

Last edited by HappyHarry on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:46 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I agree that it's too early to ask for pictures of the cast in full costume and makeup. Still, I don't want to see any pictures of them just yet. The first time we see our heroes in all their glory, I want it to be in motion. Let us wait until the first teaser.

And yes, I quite agree that Walter Kovacs and Rorschach should remain separate until the movie is out. I wouldn't mind a few fleeting glimpses of the homeless man with the "End is Nigh" sign, provided there is no connection made between him and Rorschach.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:24 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Well I definitely want to see something! I'll settle for photos of Dan or Laurie or Veidt. But I don't want to have to wait until a trailer comes out!

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:56 pm 
The Watcher

It's the nature of some fans to want to see everything now. The script, the photos, the plot. I'm cool with waiting on certain photos and info, and the rest should be sprinkled out a little at a time. I wish the embargo on interviews could be lifted. There are tons of folks I would like to talk to.

But I think their feeling on that is while there are still secrets that need to be kept, they don't want any interviews. This way, they don't have to tell anyone what not to say. I think that's the idea.

I'm afraid, though, that once the embargo is lifted, there will be this vomitous mass of everything that was held back at once, and that would suck. Unless they want a 0-60 in 2 seconds media overflow as part of their marketing plan.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
It's the nature of some fans to want to see everything now.

Oh, trust me, I want to see too! We're all caught up in anticipation, otherwise why would we be here on this forum? I guess my point is I hope we as a fan community can pace our expectations. Personally, I'm enjoying the ride in the meantime, as we get news gradually.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
I'm afraid, though, that once the embargo is lifted, there will be this vomitous mass of everything that was held back at once, and that would suck.

Haha! Indeed. Excellent point.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:39 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

I'd rather if they showed the secondary carachters first...like the newsstand's vendor or even hollis. i'd be cool with that, even if they just released comedian's pics like in september.

we have to consider that really little people - compared to the mainstream carachters - know/care about watchmen...they need to be balancedly fed up about it, in order to get, understand and enjoy it.