WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:26 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Manhattancomedian wrote:
What is everyone's feelings about the Ultimate Cut? I myself think the DC was enough as the Black Freighter takes away from the film a little. In the comic it added to the story but as part of the movie it detracted from the pacing despite it being more accurate to the GN.

The Ultimate Cut's my personal favorite version, but I think it ends up being a toss-up for people between that and the DC.

In regard to the pacing, I don't think the Black Freighter really messes with it. The film doesn't really have a solid pace to begin with and making it longer doesn't really detract from anything, I don't think.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:22 am 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5380
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
Godziller66 wrote:
Manhattancomedian wrote:
What is everyone's feelings about the Ultimate Cut? I myself think the DC was enough as the Black Freighter takes away from the film a little. In the comic it added to the story but as part of the movie it detracted from the pacing despite it being more accurate to the GN.

The Ultimate Cut's my personal favorite version, but I think it ends up being a toss-up for people between that and the DC.

In regard to the pacing, I don't think the Black Freighter really messes with it. The film doesn't really have a solid pace to begin with and making it longer doesn't really detract from anything, I don't think.

I agree with this entirely.

_________________
My Blog of Movie Reviews and Such
Image
I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:53 am 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 pm
Posts: 148
Why did they replace Rorschach with Dan in the scene where he goes to tell Adrian about the masked killer theory?

Also, how did Sally know Eddie's name? Because none of the Watchmen knew who he was, so why would he have to wear a gimp mask in the novel?

I'm confused.

Oh, and do you think Eddie knew it was Adrian when he came to kill him? Like, from his perspective, could he have seen his face and knew it was him?

Idk.. Just a few questions. :)

_________________
"I will never reveal my identity. Anyone who knows me will refer to me as Hooded Justice

"What happened to the American dream? It came true! Your lookin' at it."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:26 am 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Also, how did Sally know Eddie's name? Because none of the Watchmen knew who he was, so why would he have to wear a gimp mask in the novel?


He had to wear the mask in the novel because he received a nasty scar across his face that anyone who knew him would recognize if they saw him dressed as the Comedian. And presumably he told Sally his name.

Nemesis x88 wrote:
Oh, and do you think Eddie knew it was Adrian when he came to kill him? Like, from his perspective, could he have seen his face and knew it was him?


Adrian didn't show up at Blake's apartment in disguise, so I would assume he did.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:43 am 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 pm
Posts: 148
t3cii wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Also, how did Sally know Eddie's name? Because none of the Watchmen knew who he was, so why would he have to wear a gimp mask in the novel?


He had to wear the mask in the novel because he received a nasty scar across his face that anyone who knew him would recognize if they saw him dressed as the Comedian. And presumably he told Sally his name.

Nemesis x88 wrote:
Oh, and do you think Eddie knew it was Adrian when he came to kill him? Like, from his perspective, could he have seen his face and knew it was him?


Adrian didn't show up at Blake's apartment in disguise, so I would assume he did.


But.. He's not wearing a gimp mask in the movie. So wouldn't they know all along he was Blake?

Yeah, especially since he knew what Adrian was doing he would assume it was him anyways.

I seriously fucking love the intro of the movie, it's so good imo.

_________________
"I will never reveal my identity. Anyone who knows me will refer to me as Hooded Justice

"What happened to the American dream? It came true! Your lookin' at it."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:45 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
t3cii wrote:
He had to wear the mask in the novel because he received a nasty scar across his face


We all know that's not THE reason.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:46 am 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
feliciano182 wrote:
We all know that's not THE reason.


So what is THE reason?

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:11 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
t3cii wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
We all know that's not THE reason.


So what is THE reason?


If it's just to cover a scar, why was not ANY kind of mask equally as effective ?

He had to use a goddamn GIMP MASK ?

It either says something about him, or like we've discussed before, it's a statement from Moore about The Comedian's sadism.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:04 pm 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
feliciano182 wrote:
t3cii wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
We all know that's not THE reason.


So what is THE reason?


If it's just to cover a scar, why was not ANY kind of mask equally as effective ?

He had to use a goddamn GIMP MASK ?

It either says something about him, or like we've discussed before, it's a statement from Moore about The Comedian's sadism.


You know, this actually isn't the first time he's asked the question. I'm too lazy to look up the post, but someone gives an interesting answer beyond the S&M angle.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:52 am 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 pm
Posts: 148
t3cii wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
t3cii wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
We all know that's not THE reason.


So what is THE reason?


If it's just to cover a scar, why was not ANY kind of mask equally as effective ?

He had to use a goddamn GIMP MASK ?

It either says something about him, or like we've discussed before, it's a statement from Moore about The Comedian's sadism.


You know, this actually isn't the first time he's asked the question. I'm too lazy to look up the post, but someone gives an interesting answer beyond the S&M angle.


lol, my bad. I watch the movie a lot and I find it very interesting, I just tend to forget. I indulge too far.

_________________
"I will never reveal my identity. Anyone who knows me will refer to me as Hooded Justice

"What happened to the American dream? It came true! Your lookin' at it."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:18 am 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5380
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
Nemesis x88 wrote:
t3cii wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
t3cii wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
We all know that's not THE reason.


So what is THE reason?


If it's just to cover a scar, why was not ANY kind of mask equally as effective ?

He had to use a goddamn GIMP MASK ?

It either says something about him, or like we've discussed before, it's a statement from Moore about The Comedian's sadism.


You know, this actually isn't the first time he's asked the question. I'm too lazy to look up the post, but someone gives an interesting answer beyond the S&M angle.


lol, my bad. I watch the movie a lot and I find it very interesting, I just tend to forget. I indulge too far.

It is interesting, and its very impossible to indulge too much.

_________________
My Blog of Movie Reviews and Such
Image
I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:08 am 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5380
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
is it just me or is that an awesome line?

*turns in the office chair to face the nervous asian man*

"I merely... modified your site, Shinzo..."

*villainous smirk*

_________________
My Blog of Movie Reviews and Such
Image
I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:42 am 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8035
Location: Clackamas, OR
^Spambots say the darnedest things.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:50 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
...wut

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:41 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
This isn't a question, just a minor detail that I experienced last night that I thought was really cool. You see, my dad isn't really that big into...anything. He does love some movies, but only a very minor few. He tends to fall asleep through almost anything and I think most of his love in the arts tends to go towards music and literature. And when we saw Watchmen a few years ago, he thought it was "okay" and nothing else. So last night, I was in my room and I had one of the making of Watchmen close to me, which I'd just taken out for nostalgia, I guess and he told me he had read this book called "The Shadow of the Wind" and he said the main character reminded him of Rorschach. Again, just very cool and surprising given he wasn't that very impressed with the film and he tends to forget about movies very easily.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:47 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
That's pretty cool actually, though it's probably a testament to the effect Rorschach has on people.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
suitlover wrote:
Watchmen is a 2009 American superhero film directed by Zack Snyder and starring an ensemble cast of Malin Åkerman, Billy Crudup, Matthew Goode, Jackie Earle Haley, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, and Patrick Wilson.


No Shit Sherbot.

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:17 am 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8035
Location: Clackamas, OR
Isn't that cute? The spambot thought it was making intelligent conversation about the movie.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:53 am 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
I hate Spambots.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:43 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8035
Location: Clackamas, OR
I hate glitches that makes it look like spam posts still exist, even long after they've been deleted.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.160s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]