WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:42 am 
Alien Squid Monster

I wasn't sure if anyone posted a topic about this yet or not. I tried searching it and nothing came up, to my amazement. If there is in fact already a topic about it, and I somehow can't find it, then I apologize in advance and this thread can be locked/deleted...

Anyway, here is the link to the MTV interview with Zack Snyder:

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1591135/story.jhtml

Pretty good interview about the trailer and a little about the movie itself. The more I hear what Zack has to say in these interviews the more faith I have in this movie. It really sounds like he's trying to make a movie for the fans. I liked this part:

"MTV: Walk us through your mind-set as you assembled the trailer.

Zack Snyder: Well, the first idea everyone had, from what I saw online, everyone was saying, "Oh, they're just going to do, like, a title treatment with some Rorschach voice and no pictures." And I was like, "No, we've got to give them some pictures," because to me the debate is about how close to the graphic novel will the movie be. We've just really been trying hard to get the movie as in spirit of the graphic novel as possible, so I wanted to show pictures right now so people can go, "Wow, I recognize that frame."

Seems like Zack is really trying to keep up with fan reaction to this thing. He's mentioned in interviews before about what fans have had to say about the costumes, the trailer, etc. It's very refreshing to have a director who really gives a damn about the source material and genuinely cares about what the fans think. Zack, if you're trolling around these forums and you read this, thank you.

"We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan." ~ Prof. Milton Glass - DR. MANHATTAN, SUPER-POWERS AND THE SUPERPOWERS