WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:54 am 
Human Bean Juice

Ninja Penguin wrote:
Moloch, decidedly, would listen to pure, unfettered techno. I don't know why, but the image of him at a rave is extremely amusing.

*Has mental image of Moloch with glowsticks; falls out of chair laughing*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:03 pm 
Drinking a toast to absent friends.

T.V. wrote:
tbone wrote:
Dr. Manhattan I don't think would care for music, as he does not care for the world without Laurie, so I think if he did isten to music he would listen to what Laurie listens to.

Nah, I think he would enjoy classical and electronic music.

It is, after all, organized vibrations of matter. He might not "enjoy it" like us, but I think he'd respect the crystalline structure of Bach's canons, for example.

I agree that if he listened to anything it would be classical, although like you said I don't think he would enjoy it. perhaps he would listen to one of those strange nature CD's, with the animal noises and sounds of the rainforest and stuff. The pattern of life.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:36 am 
Minuteman

I always imagined Kovacs having exactly one record that he would play endlessly when home. Puccini - Tosca

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:08 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

I think Veidt would be turned-off in every way by the sounds of King Tubby etc. Stinky, loose, smiley-faced, takin' it easy deep-assed grooves with a stoner twist? Nuh-uh. Veidt doesn't waste a second of the day, and dub ain't about fast-paced lucidity by any stretch. I kinda agree with the Nue! etc. And he definitely would be listening to some Kraftwerk. The movie-Veidt'd be listening to his mates Bowie etc. as well. But just to be polite.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:16 pm 
...I am Pagliacci.

I definately agree with The Comedian listening to Big band and such, he just has that sort of 40's vibe to him.

I think yeah Walter may have listening to some classical, more nostalgic music back when he was sane. I cannot really see him listening to anything that's really blantly sexual, so maybe something classical or some opera? I cannot really see him listening to much more then that, he definatly wouldn't be listening to much music of the time (1940's-1980's).

Dan already state'e he like's thing's like Billy Holiday, maybe he'd like some Sinatra as well? Definately old fashioned and (Usually) not that sexual (compared to most thing's anyways), Maybe that's on of the reason's Ror like's hanging out with Daniel perhaps?

Laurie seem's like a person who either goe's with the flow or listen's to more alternitive music. I find the image of her listening to Devo oddly cute. :lol:

Not sure about the Doctor, he's really complex so i'd be hard to say what he'd like, though he'd probably be cool with whatever Laurie was playing I think. ^_^

Veidt he'd probably like somewhat poetic song's I think, one's with a sort of deeper meaning, but that's just me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:40 am 
Alien Squid Monster

I actually have to disagree with Ror being the kind to listen to Rush or O'Reily. Quite frankly, I think he'd find them an embarrassment and probably would get angry at them for bending the truth and hamming it up. Most specifically I can imagine him wanting to rip their guts out.

Though I do see it that he might be interested in a smaller lesser known conservative AM radio, just to fill in his time sitting around with the signs.

Also I see him into Light Classical, maybe, or even heavier classical that's a little dark and evocative. However, having said that, I don't see him listening much to music at all.

I'd love to see (or maybe I'll write a little fic of it) what he'd say about rap music. LOL. Oh boy, Rorschach tirade on music video. *Gleefully scribbles down short story ideas*.

Laurie probably has my taste in music. 80's New Wave. I can see her being the kind of person who is nostalgic about the 80s later on.

I was happy to see someone liking the electronic stuff. I hate to admit it because I hate Veidt, but I also probably share his taste in music too.

Manhattan and Kraftwerk, LOL. "I program my home computer, beam myself into the future." "It's more fun to compute." I mean come on, that's perfect, LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:39 am 
Crimebuster

I'm going to slip on my geek cap as well and resurect this thread.

For the Comedian some swing, yes, but I see the blues as well. Stuff like Leadbelly and what not. Later on in life I see him as a Lynard Skynard fan... he just seems like he could really rock out to "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Gimme Three Steps".

Rorchach would probably listen to old timey gospell (pre-1975 at least) like that "I'll Fly Away" song from O Brother Where Art Thou?; I can't see him as a classical man.

And I agree with another poster that Jon can't be bothered with music.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:09 pm 
Human Bean Juice

If 'Don Jaun Triumphant' were a real opera, Rorschach, as Walter would probably listen to it. If Dante's Inferno were made into an opera, he'd more than defenitly listen to it! Maybe Faust...hurm...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:26 pm 
Vigilante

Lady_Rorschach wrote:
If 'Don Jaun Triumphant' were a real opera, Rorschach, as Walter would probably listen to it. If Dante's Inferno were made into an opera, he'd more than defenitly listen to it! Maybe Faust...hurm...

What about Dies Irae- Guiseppe Verdi?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:51 am 
Human Bean Juice

Ink wrote:
Lady_Rorschach wrote:

Ah! Very good pick! Are you a fellow opera fan?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:40 am 
Vigilante

Lady_Rorschach wrote:
Ink wrote:
Lady_Rorschach wrote:

Ah! Very good pick! Are you a fellow opera fan?

Sort of. I'm more classical music (whole history of playing music ever since I was old enough to be pushed to it...so now I do cello), but I've had my bits with opera and enjoy it.
I went back and looked at the translation of the poem/lyrics and it fits (sort of?).