WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Rorschach's landlady
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:16 am 
Vigilante

Raine Summerfly wrote:
Yeah although he could have made an assumption potentially by the fact that the marriage went bad after that.

That would be a hell of an assumption since many people divorce/have marriage issues after the have kids and not all of them are because the kids are a product of cheating...I think he just though all women's were whores till proven differently, YMMV.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:41 am 
Human Bean Juice

silkspectre3 wrote:
Raine Summerfly wrote:
Yeah although he could have made an assumption potentially by the fact that the marriage went bad after that.

That would be a hell of an assumption since many people divorce/have marriage issues after the have kids and not all of them are because the kids are a product of cheating...I think he just thought all women's were whores till proven differently, YMMV.

This.

Rorschach kinda reminds me of the famed warrior-monks in medevial history. Here he is, fighting for the greater good, even though the ones he tries to protect consider him as monsterous as the rapists and murderers he fights. He lives a rather reclusive lifestyle, has to swipe food from others in order to stay alive (I don't think he'd go so low as to beg) and is also celibate (much to the dismay of myself and fellow fangirls).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:12 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

silkspectre3 wrote:
Raine Summerfly wrote:

That would be a hell of an assumption since many people divorce/have marriage issues after the have kids and not all of them are because the kids are a product of cheating...I think he just though all women's were whores till proven differently, YMMV.

Yeah true.

Sadly, he might think all females are whores until proven otherwise because the closest experience he ever had with a woman/woman he knew best in his whole life was his mother, who was a whore. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I think he referred to Sally as an "aging, bloated whore" not because he thought she cheated on her husband, but because she used her notoriety as a "mask" to get movie roles and (presumably) endorsements. It's the same thing he despised about Adrian -- that instead of being a vigilante purely to dispense justice, Adrian was using his celebrity status to sell merchandise. He, too, was a "whore" as far as Rorschach was concerned, and it wasn't related to his sexuality. (Rorschach hadn't gotten around to investigating that yet...)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14 am 
So impotent.

I had thought that the subtext there was that Rorschach hadn't propositioned her sexually, she had propositioned him, possibly with the result being the kid that Rorschach looks solemnly at. Nothing really proves or disproves this theory either, just another scene for the reader to interpret

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:23 am 
Human Bean Juice

Der Scharzefaust wrote:
I had thought that the subtext there was that Rorschach hadn't propositioned her sexually, she had propositioned him, possibly with the result being the kid that Rorschach looks solemnly at. Nothing really proves or disproves this theory either, just another scene for the reader to interpret

If you are suggesting that Mrs. Shairp seduced Rorschach/Walter and he ended up impregnating her, I strongly disagree. He'd have to be piss drunk to fall for that. Rorschach would probably kill her if she attempted anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:06 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Lady_Rorschach wrote:
Der Scharzefaust wrote:

If you are suggesting that Mrs. Shairp seduced Rorschach/Walter and he ended up impregnating her, I strongly disagree. He'd have to be piss drunk to fall for that. Rorschach would probably kill her if she attempted anything.

Well I don't think he would kill her....he seems to avoid actually killing females. Although if she tried to rape him he might. I don't know.

Anyway, yeah I don't see them having sex.....especially because there is no way he would ever let himself get drunk.

I would never let myself get drunk either....leaves you totally open to being taken advantage of or having moral lapses that you wouldn't normally do.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:22 am 
So impotent.

basically what everyone else said, he saw flashbacks the landladyw as his mother and the boy was him