WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rorschach's landlady
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:16 am 
Offline
Vigilante
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 8:41 am
Posts: 56
Raine Summerfly wrote:
Yeah although he could have made an assumption potentially by the fact that the marriage went bad after that.



That would be a hell of an assumption since many people divorce/have marriage issues after the have kids and not all of them are because the kids are a product of cheating...I think he just though all women's were whores till proven differently, YMMV.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rorschach's landlady
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:41 am 
Offline
Human Bean Juice
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:25 pm
Posts: 1970
Location: Stalking a Watchman...
silkspectre3 wrote:
Raine Summerfly wrote:
Yeah although he could have made an assumption potentially by the fact that the marriage went bad after that.



That would be a hell of an assumption since many people divorce/have marriage issues after the have kids and not all of them are because the kids are a product of cheating...I think he just thought all women's were whores till proven differently, YMMV.


This.

Rorschach kinda reminds me of the famed warrior-monks in medevial history. Here he is, fighting for the greater good, even though the ones he tries to protect consider him as monsterous as the rapists and murderers he fights. He lives a rather reclusive lifestyle, has to swipe food from others in order to stay alive (I don't think he'd go so low as to beg) and is also celibate (much to the dismay of myself and fellow fangirls).

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rorschach's landlady
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:12 pm 
Offline
Thermodynamic Miracle
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:38 am
Posts: 241
Location: Toronto, Canada
silkspectre3 wrote:
Raine Summerfly wrote:
Yeah although he could have made an assumption potentially by the fact that the marriage went bad after that.



That would be a hell of an assumption since many people divorce/have marriage issues after the have kids and not all of them are because the kids are a product of cheating...I think he just though all women's were whores till proven differently, YMMV.


Yeah true.

Sadly, he might think all females are whores until proven otherwise because the closest experience he ever had with a woman/woman he knew best in his whole life was his mother, who was a whore. :(

_________________
Image
Artwork by sullen-skrewt. Rorschach ♥.
In Flames - Delight and Angers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSP_ctC8i4I


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rorschach's landlady
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 pm 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:20 pm
Posts: 134
I think he referred to Sally as an "aging, bloated whore" not because he thought she cheated on her husband, but because she used her notoriety as a "mask" to get movie roles and (presumably) endorsements. It's the same thing he despised about Adrian -- that instead of being a vigilante purely to dispense justice, Adrian was using his celebrity status to sell merchandise. He, too, was a "whore" as far as Rorschach was concerned, and it wasn't related to his sexuality. (Rorschach hadn't gotten around to investigating that yet...)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rorschach's landlady
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:14 am 
Offline
So impotent.

Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:20 pm
Posts: 2
I had thought that the subtext there was that Rorschach hadn't propositioned her sexually, she had propositioned him, possibly with the result being the kid that Rorschach looks solemnly at. Nothing really proves or disproves this theory either, just another scene for the reader to interpret


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rorschach's landlady
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:23 am 
Offline
Human Bean Juice
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:25 pm
Posts: 1970
Location: Stalking a Watchman...
Der Scharzefaust wrote:
I had thought that the subtext there was that Rorschach hadn't propositioned her sexually, she had propositioned him, possibly with the result being the kid that Rorschach looks solemnly at. Nothing really proves or disproves this theory either, just another scene for the reader to interpret


If you are suggesting that Mrs. Shairp seduced Rorschach/Walter and he ended up impregnating her, I strongly disagree. He'd have to be piss drunk to fall for that. Rorschach would probably kill her if she attempted anything.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rorschach's landlady
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:06 am 
Offline
Thermodynamic Miracle
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:38 am
Posts: 241
Location: Toronto, Canada
Lady_Rorschach wrote:
Der Scharzefaust wrote:
I had thought that the subtext there was that Rorschach hadn't propositioned her sexually, she had propositioned him, possibly with the result being the kid that Rorschach looks solemnly at. Nothing really proves or disproves this theory either, just another scene for the reader to interpret


If you are suggesting that Mrs. Shairp seduced Rorschach/Walter and he ended up impregnating her, I strongly disagree. He'd have to be piss drunk to fall for that. Rorschach would probably kill her if she attempted anything.


Well I don't think he would kill her....he seems to avoid actually killing females. Although if she tried to rape him he might. I don't know.

Anyway, yeah I don't see them having sex.....especially because there is no way he would ever let himself get drunk.

I would never let myself get drunk either....leaves you totally open to being taken advantage of or having moral lapses that you wouldn't normally do.

_________________
Image
Artwork by sullen-skrewt. Rorschach ♥.
In Flames - Delight and Angers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSP_ctC8i4I


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rorschach's landlady
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:22 am 
Offline
So impotent.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:48 am
Posts: 4
Location: Las Vegas, NV by way of Brooklyn, NY
basically what everyone else said, he saw flashbacks the landladyw as his mother and the boy was him


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.089s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]