WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:29 pm 
Gazing into the abyss.

Oh, who to choose, who to choose...

Laurence Schexnayder: He's an asshole! He feel he had nothing to give Sally as a husband, nor Laurie as a father. He never was really supportive or kind to them and really married Sally in order to control her.

Dr. Malcolm Long: I don't like how he attempts to "use" Walter; he doesn't want to help Walter, but cash in on him. He's a f---nut!

Richard M. Nixon: 'Nuff said!

Knot Tops that Killed Hollis: I cry!

Grice, Fred, and Barney: I have a love-hate relationship with these characters. They're meant to be characters you want to hate and I do "love to hate" them because of what they did to poor Blair Roche.

I really really don't hate anyone from the Minutemen: I used to dislike Metropolis because he's so weak-willed and whiny, but with "Meet the Minutemen" Journal, I came to love him. I suppose now, my dislike is to Sally Jupiter the most. I don't "hate" her, but I do want to kick her in the rear to knock some sense into her!

As for the Crimbusters, again, don't really hate anyone there. I do seem to like Laurie the least because I found her annoying most of the time and really bitchy, constantly complaining and mocking others. She doesn't realy take the time to understand why people do certain things. I dislike Dr. Manhattan because, well, he's a dick because I hold a grudge against him for killing off Rorschach; however, I like him better than Laurie.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:53 pm 
New Frontiersman

Ninjet wrote:
The Battousai wrote:
Real Life Redneck wrote:
Veidt, just due to the fact that hes a liberal and gay. He also looks like a pussy in the trailer.

Fixed

:roll:

Kept it too real? :P

- The Comedian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:42 pm 
Vigilante

Blonde Dan and Laurie. Not because I dislike the characters, but because I felt that their epilogue (of sorts) felt tacked on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:55 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

I should probably add in Captain Metropolis to the list of characters I dislike, since he seemed to fail at pretty much everything he did. Oh, and his blatant racism doesn't help matters.

Last edited by Bandy Greensacks on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:50 pm 
Minuteman

Doug Roth, quintessential disgusting journalist. Yellow Journalism sensationalism combined with cynical leftist nova express creates unpleasant feelings in my stomach.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:37 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Mine is......Rorchach. He sucks....
JK. Bad Joke.
Laurie is kinda lame. Yeah, I'll go with her.
And the editor of the New Frontiersman, because he's a completely racist, right-wing nutjob.
Then again, so is Rorschach, and I like him.... Gotta love my hypocrisy.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:37 pm 
Drinking a toast to absent friends.

This question has no answer.
We are all thermodynamic miracles.
Every character is a miracle.
The end.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:53 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Dog Carcass wrote:
This question has no answer.
We are all thermodynamic miracles.
Every character is a miracle.
The end.

Much applause in your general direction, sir.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:03 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Real Life Rorschach wrote:
Veidt, just due to the fact that hes a liberal and gay. He also looks like a pussy in the trailer.

Hoping this is some sort of joke account.
---

Least favorite characters are the idiots from New Frontiersman as well as Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis because I have little affection for bigots.

Not too fond of Joey and her Knot-Top girlfriend either. Their relationship is just weird to me. It's hard enough finding fleshed out gay characters today, though, so I suppose it's to be expected considering the time in which the book was written.

And yeah, Doug Roth is a douche.

Amongst the "main" characters? Probably Ozymandias.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:36 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Sally Jupiter wrote:
Least favorite characters are the idiots from New Frontiersman as well as Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis because I have little affection for bigots.

What's funny is that it's subtly suggested that Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis were..."involved," so to speak. That makes their bigotry all the more ridiculous, although I guess that's a defense mechanism of a lot of closet cases.

In the end, you could make a case that they were well written and fully fleshed out characters because of this ironic dual nature.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:20 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Bandy Greensacks wrote:

What's funny is that it's subtly suggested that Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis were..."involved," so to speak. That makes their bigotry all the more ridiculous, although I guess that's a defense mechanism of a lot of closet cases.

In the end, you could make a case that they were well written and fully fleshed out characters because of this ironic dual nature.

Definitely shows how hateful people can be towards others no matter how low in the pecking order their own group happens to be, which is unfortunate.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:10 pm 
So impotent.

I'm surprised no one picked Manhattan. He was by far my least favorite character in the entire novel. He's morally ambiguous, cold and uncaring and not even that smart as he constantly lets people pursuade him and seemingly has no actual personality or mind of his own. Then at the end he runs away like a coward and escapes all moral responsibility/accountability by running away AGAIN this time to another 'galaxy.' Worthless inhuman character, I'm happy he left earth for the more majestic and more 'important' vistas of alien worlds.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:30 pm 
Human Bean Juice

AndWhisperNo wrote:
I'm surprised no one picked Manhattan. He was by far my least favorite character in the entire novel. He's morally ambiguous, cold and uncaring and not even that smart as he constantly lets people pursuade him and seemingly has no actual personality or mind of his own. Then at the end he runs away like a coward and escapes all moral responsibility/accountability by running away AGAIN this time to another 'galaxy.' Worthless inhuman character, I'm happy he left earth for the more majestic and more 'important' vistas of alien worlds.

*raise hand* I picked Manhattan too! I agree, he just doesn't care.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:47 pm 
Minuteman

i have to say the squid, it took some of the realism away from me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

AndWhisperNo wrote:

I wouldn't call him my least favorite character but he's not one of my favorites, either. I found him boring in a way. eh. Still, I love the "Who makes the world?" line and the rest of chapter four's ending is among my favorite moments.
---

I forgot to say yesterday that another least favorite is newsstand owner Bernie. I feel like he represents a very large segment of the population who are as ignorant and ill-informed as they are arrogant. "We oughta nuke Russia and let God sort out the rest"? This vein of thought (or lack thereof) that we should just WAM-BAM GIT IN THUR 'N GIT 'ER DONE because God is on our side and He'll make a way...well, it's a source of many of the world's problems.

Plus, no respect for someone who's "philosophy" changes at the drop of a hat. He was such a blowhard throughout the book. Though the ending redeemed him a bit in my eyes.

Last edited by Sally Jupiter on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:37 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

Gloria Long she annoys the shit out of me!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:19 pm 
Vigilante

Laurie, she was kinda usless, the onley thing she was needed for was convincing dr. manhatten to go back to earth and thats it.

This is bob, Copy and paste him, and soon he will take over Youtube, WCM & The Internet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:27 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

clovertard108 wrote:
Laurie, she was kinda usless, the onley thing she was needed for was convincing dr. manhatten to go back to earth and thats it.

She also allowed Dan to don his costume once again. Which lead to them breaking out Rorschach. Which lead to Rorschach and Dan finding out who was behind it all. Which lead Rorschach and Dan to Antarctica, which in turn let them escape a horrible death at the hands of the "alien" attack.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:11 pm 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

Plus her existance brings alot more depth to the comedian character.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:28 pm 
Human Bean Juice

I completely for got to mention Slyvia Kovacs, Rorschach's mother. What a cold, abusive bitch. We're supposed to hate her and I couldn't help but agree with 16-year-old Wally Kovacs' response when he learned of his mother's death.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next