WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:26 pm 
Minuteman

The Silk Spectre wrote:
Before I saw the movie or knew a single thing about Watchmen (other than the first trailer I saw in a theater way back whenever, before I knew there was a GN), I saw a still of Walter Kovacs, and he was NOT attractive. After seeing the film and pulling probably the fasted noob-to-knowing-obsessive-details job probably in WM history, I've got a soft spot for the character and don't see him as ugly anymore.

This happen to me the same way. Fist he was very unattrctive - even more I once had a boyfriend who look similar like Kovacs in the movie, he was nasty and now he is very unatractive and ugly in my eyes.

After haveing an insight in Kovacs character he is no longe unattractive - my ex is still.

... hrm ...

... think ...

Did we find out the diffrence between boys and girls?

Boys need alcohol to see the beauty in an ugly person - and girls need personality?

Sorry forum boys - I'm just kidding.

Raine Summerfly wrote:
Hey, just wondering but do you guys think Rorschach cares about his physical appearance?

I mean I was just reading the comic...and when the police caught Rorschach, they commented on how he had padding in his shoes to make him a bit taller or something. And apparently one of the items Rorschach had on him was colonge.

So does he care what he looks like? I wonder why he cares. XD

He probably beleves by himself that he is ugly. Surly his mother told him so and about the mask he said, that he makes himself a face that he can bear to look in the mirror.

As Rorschach he didn'd care about himsef and his physical appearance was just a part from that.

Hi took the colonge from Daniel because the guy at Happy Harry said: "You hear that? He's got friends! Musta changed his Deodorant." But Walter want to have Daniel as a friend, so he try to do something against his smell. Ok, taking a bath and to wash his clothes would have been the better way but he had fallen appart much to from social behaviour to manage that.

The elevator shoes could be a remain from the times as he cares a littlte bit more about himsef - or they are for a little bit more "respect" from the criminals. Some extra inches might help to scary them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:22 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Pepper Cube wrote:
The Silk Spectre wrote:
Before I saw the movie or knew a single thing about Watchmen (other than the first trailer I saw in a theater way back whenever, before I knew there was a GN), I saw a still of Walter Kovacs, and he was NOT attractive. After seeing the film and pulling probably the fasted noob-to-knowing-obsessive-details job probably in WM history, I've got a soft spot for the character and don't see him as ugly anymore.

This happen to me the same way. Fist he was very unattrctive - even more I once had a boyfriend who look similar like Kovacs in the movie, he was nasty and now he is very unatractive and ugly in my eyes.

After haveing an insight in Kovacs character he is no longe unattractive - my ex is still.

... hrm ...

... think ...

Did we find out the diffrence between boys and girls?

Boys need alcohol to see the beauty in an ugly person - and girls need personality?

Sorry forum boys - I'm just kidding.

Raine Summerfly wrote:
Hey, just wondering but do you guys think Rorschach cares about his physical appearance?

I mean I was just reading the comic...and when the police caught Rorschach, they commented on how he had padding in his shoes to make him a bit taller or something. And apparently one of the items Rorschach had on him was colonge.

So does he care what he looks like? I wonder why he cares. XD

He probably beleves by himself that he is ugly. Surly his mother told him so and about the mask he said, that he makes himself a face that he can bear to look in the mirror.

As Rorschach he didn'd care about himsef and his physical appearance was just a part from that.

Hi took the colonge from Daniel because the guy at Happy Harry said: "You hear that? He's got friends! Musta changed his Deodorant." But Walter want to have Daniel as a friend, so he try to do something against his smell. Ok, taking a bath and to wash his clothes would have been the better way but he had fallen appart much to from social behaviour to manage that.

The elevator shoes could be a remain from the times as he cares a littlte bit more about himsef - or they are for a little bit more "respect" from the criminals. Some extra inches might help to scary them.

Yeah. I guess another reason for adding the extra height inside his shoes is that it might be harder for people to figure out his real identity if he makes himself taller....because if he made himself taller he'd fit more into the average male height which would make it harder for people to figure out who he is. Not a lot of adult males are 5'6".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:34 am 
Minuteman

Raine Summerfly wrote:

Yeah. I guess another reason for adding the extra height inside his shoes is that it might be harder for people to figure out his real identity if he makes himself taller....because if he made himself taller he'd fit more into the average male height which would make it harder for people to figure out who he is. Not a lot of adult males are 5'6".

Oh yes. Thats good. I totaly agree.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:44 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Pepper Cube wrote:
Raine Summerfly wrote:

Oh yes. Thats good. I totaly agree.

Yeah. ^^ I'm sure that his hat also adds a bit of height to him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:12 pm 
Minuteman

Never forget the intimidation factor; Rorschach manages to project quite a bit through sheer force of personality, but if he didn't wear the shoes then he would probably be ridiculed with nicknames like "midget" (a la The End is Nigh).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:12 pm 
So impotent.

Minutemarch wrote:
This sums up how I feel about Walter pretty well.

That pic is tooo cute.
He is plain-looking even by strict standards, cuz I never feel red hair and freckles are problems. Personally I prefer people with red hair and green eyes - what a weird combination, but...
And if personal emotion is counted, the portrayal of Walter by JEH in the prison break part of the movie is the sexiest scenes of all.

Objectively stated, Veidt is the standard of beauty (and wealth),
but it's Walter's ordinary looking and bring-up that makes me more emotionally attached to him. A great man born in the gutter but looking at the stars.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:29 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I'm sincerely glad to have you here, Irrlicht. Great points.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:45 pm 
So impotent.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I'm sincerely glad to have you here, Irrlicht. Great points.

Thanks! I'm definitely a newbie here.I watched the movie one month ago and just start to dive in the original comics.
What a fantastic experience! [heart]