WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:46 am 
Vigilante

Doctor Manattan "As I come to understand Vietnam and what it implies about the human condition, I also realize that few humans will permit themselves such an understanding. Blake's different. He understands perfectly... and he doesn't care."

The Comedian "Yeah. Yeah, that's right. Pregnant woman. Gunned her down. Bang. And y'know what? You watched me. You coulda changed the gun into steam or the bullets into mercury or the bottle into snowflakes! You coulda teleported either of us to goddamn Australia...but you didn't lift a finger! You don't really give a damn about human beings. I've watched you. You never cared about whatsername, Janey Slater, even before you ditched her. Soon you won't be interested in Sally Jupiter's little girl, either. You're driftin' outta touch, Doc. You're turnin' into a flake. God help us all."

The Comedian "You people are a joke. You hear Moloch's back in town, you think "Oh, boy! Let's gang up and bust him!" You think that matters? You think that solves anything?"

NITE OWL II "Protection? Who are we protecting them from?
The Comedian "From themselves! Whatsa matter? You afraid when you're not up against some schmuck in a Halloween outfit?"

out of all the characters in Watchmen, the only ones who actually see "the truth" are The Comedian and Ozymandias and maybe Rorschach.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:20 pm 
Minuteman

"You know what I wish? I wish all the scum of the Earth had one throat, and I had my hands around it." -Rorschach
This was not in the GN was it. I saw it on a poster BUT i heard Alan Moore said it in Absolute Watchmen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:20 pm 
Crimebuster

Bernie: "I see the world didn't end yesterday."
Kovacs: "Are you sure?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:18 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Hiya, new.

I love the grafitti
"One in eight go mad".

edit: hehe, and I also love how my avatar fits the first-posts-rank of this forum. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:53 am 
New Frontiersman

Last edited by People Must Be Told. on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:44 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Thanks for the welcome. <|8)

Heh, yea, the grafitti being changed at the end of the book adds some extra joy.

Oh, another one:

"C'mon... I'll show you where the real heavy duty thinking gets done around here.
We call it the bestiary."

Perfect name. A physicists' insider joke that they love so much (I think).

As well as the writing on the place's pinboard:
"At play amidst the Strangeness and Charm."

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:01 pm 
Crimebuster

My favorite quote is the same as the one in my signature. Manhattan's "You're going to try to convince me to save the world." to Laurie is easily my favorite line and once I heard the way Crudup said it was perfect in my mind. Billy's perfect monotone made me love Manhattan even more.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:14 pm 
So impotent.

????????? wrote:
Chapter 6,Page 18

"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me"

can't agree more with this ***

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:20 pm 
So impotent.

I love all the dialogues between Kovacs and Dr. Malcolm Long in prison, especially those when he explained his identity transformation.

"It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us."

He expresses himself as such an existentialist, which is amazingly impressive to me. What kind of nobility from darkness...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6