WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:59 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
sorry didn't even see those posts discussing that very same thing, that'll serve me right for skimming

No, you said what I was trying ot say, but you said it a lot better

well thanks, and kudos for being on the same wavelength,

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:45 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

well thanks, and kudos for being on the same wavelength,

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:54 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:04 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

http://www.instantrimshot.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:58 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Raine Summerfly wrote:
Anyway, someone mentioned this to me earlier....but what if Rorschach didn't have a biological kid but found a kid alone and abandoned on the street?

With all the homeless men, women and children in New York, I'm sure that's happened more than once. And given that he's still living alone, I think it's a safe assumption that he'd pass them by without a second look.

I don't know if he'd just pass by a baby laying in the street or something. You're right he probably wouldn't raise it but surely he'd drop it off somewhere?

I wonder if he'd want to raise someone to have the same viewpoints as him though and fight crime the way he does....but I guess he probably wouldn't go through the effort of all of that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:13 pm 
Crimebuster

That´s a very tough question and I read here a lot of views and of course you can philosophy about it for hours! ;)
Indeed Walter/Rorschach is asexual, that´s what I believe and can read out from his character. So there must be something happening inside him to father a child. He would only do this with a woman that is likely like him and has the same believes...then again as he loathes the world as it is he wouldn´t probably set a child into such a sad world...
If he would find an abandonned baby he probably would drop it of somewhere. After all babies are innocent at the beginning...like children. If he would raise it himself? Hmm..not very believable but maybe he would if it means raising it up to be a very moral person...but very unlikely. Pitty. Maybe he secretly can be a good dad, trying to not do the same mistakes as his mother.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:19 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

This thread still exists...?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:41 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

NiteOwl wrote:

EVERY THREAD STILL EXISTS!!!

LittleComedian wrote:
That´s a very tough question and I read here a lot of views and of course you can philosophy about it for hours! ;)

Speaking of philosophy, I recommend the book, "Watchmen and Philosophy". It's a pretty cool collection of essays that I really enjoyed reading a few years ago.

I don't get a commission from plugging it, unfortunately, but I feel like I haven't talked about it enough on here. Anyone else read it? I don't even remember.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:27 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Godziller66 wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:

LittleComedian wrote:

Speaking of philosophy, I recommend the book, "Watchmen and Philosophy". It's a pretty cool collection of essays that I really enjoyed reading a few years ago.

I don't get a commission from plugging it, unfortunately, but I feel like I haven't talked about it enough on here. Anyone else read it? I don't even remember.

Hey when I was ordering my copy of it I think I saw that as well. You recommend I should get it? o.O

"What happened to the American dream? It came true! Your lookin' at it."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:31 pm 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

Godziller66 wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:

LittleComedian wrote:

Wasn't the guy who wrote it a member on here?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:33 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Nemesis x88 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:

LittleComedian wrote:

Hey when I was ordering my copy of it I think I saw that as well. You recommend I should get it? o.O

Well, it's not necessary reading, but it's pretty cool.

Smutty wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:

LittleComedian wrote:

Being a collection of essays, it's written by a ton of different people.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:38 am 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

Godziller66 wrote:
Nemesis x88 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:

LittleComedian wrote:

Well, it's not necessary reading, but it's pretty cool.

Smutty wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:

LittleComedian wrote:

Being a collection of essays, it's written by a ton of different people.

Ah, I was wrong, it was the editor of the book.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1272

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7