WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:11 pm 
Offline
Oh how the ghost of you clings...
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:29 pm
Posts: 768
Location: The House of the Rising Sun
If Adrian wouldn't have gone through with his plan (squid/Dr. Manhattan frame up); do you guys think that Dr. Manhattan really would have "saved" the world?

_________________
"Préstame tu peine y péiname el alma. Purificame, no me abandones. Préstame tu sueño y duérmeme. Embrújame, volvámonos eternos."
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:38 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8035
Location: Clackamas, OR
^ I split the above post from the "Questions that don't deserve their own thread" topic, because I really do think this deserves its own thread.

As for the subject, I personally think that Dr. Manhattan would eventually have left for Mars or elsewhere even without Veidt's involvement. Given his mental state and growing detachment from humanity, it was only a matter of time.

And then Russia would launch their nukes and blow us all to hell.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:49 am 
Offline
Vigilante
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 8:41 am
Posts: 56
Alfonso wrote:
If Adrian wouldn't have gone through with his plan (squid/Dr. Manhattan frame up); do you guys think that Dr. Manhattan really would have "saved" the world?


I think he would had stopped Adrian and the Russians if he would find out his plan 35 minutes before....

Now would had he stayed after that to prevent any other threads? That is a tough one without Laurie or Janey he really had nothing holding him to earth so I guess that once life was safe he would had left to create some like he said and then we would had been on our own again.

Then the real question would be are we stupid enough to get another nuclear war?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:54 pm 
Offline
Oh how the ghost of you clings...
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:29 pm
Posts: 768
Location: The House of the Rising Sun
silkspectre3 wrote:
Alfonso wrote:
If Adrian wouldn't have gone through with his plan (squid/Dr. Manhattan frame up); do you guys think that Dr. Manhattan really would have "saved" the world?




Then the real question would be are we stupid enough to get another nuclear war?


I believe we are...

_________________
"Préstame tu peine y péiname el alma. Purificame, no me abandones. Préstame tu sueño y duérmeme. Embrújame, volvámonos eternos."
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:52 pm 
Offline
Vigilante
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 8:41 am
Posts: 56
Alfonso wrote:
silkspectre3 wrote:
Alfonso wrote:
If Adrian wouldn't have gone through with his plan (squid/Dr. Manhattan frame up); do you guys think that Dr. Manhattan really would have "saved" the world?




Then the real question would be are we stupid enough to get another nuclear war?


I believe we are...



I'm on the fence on that one for one we haven't done it yet and it become less likely but I'm not evil or crazy so who knows which leader (s) with power, money and a purpose might decide that a little nuclear war never hurt anyone so...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:43 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
As for the subject, I personally think that Dr. Manhattan would eventually have left for Mars or elsewhere even without Veidt's involvement. Given his mental state and growing detachment from humanity, it was only a matter of time.

And then Russia would launch their nukes and blow us all to hell.


Possibly, but wasn't Russia pushing through Afghanistan ? they were going to strike first, regardless of Manhattan's presence.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:35 am 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 8131
Location: 1060 W. Addison St.
Funny how the phrase "WWMD?" (What Would Manhattan Do?) is close to the phrase "WMD" (Weapons of Mass Destruction) because that's what Jon is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:10 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
WJK wrote:
Funny how the phrase "WWMD?" (What Would Manhattan Do?) is close to the phrase "WMD" (Weapons of Mass Destruction) because that's what Jon is.


Silly Alan and Dave :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.107s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]