WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:11 pm 
Oh how the ghost of you clings...

If Adrian wouldn't have gone through with his plan (squid/Dr. Manhattan frame up); do you guys think that Dr. Manhattan really would have "saved" the world?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:38 pm 
Tired of Earth.

^ I split the above post from the "Questions that don't deserve their own thread" topic, because I really do think this deserves its own thread.

As for the subject, I personally think that Dr. Manhattan would eventually have left for Mars or elsewhere even without Veidt's involvement. Given his mental state and growing detachment from humanity, it was only a matter of time.

And then Russia would launch their nukes and blow us all to hell.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:49 am 
Vigilante

Alfonso wrote:
If Adrian wouldn't have gone through with his plan (squid/Dr. Manhattan frame up); do you guys think that Dr. Manhattan really would have "saved" the world?

I think he would had stopped Adrian and the Russians if he would find out his plan 35 minutes before....

Now would had he stayed after that to prevent any other threads? That is a tough one without Laurie or Janey he really had nothing holding him to earth so I guess that once life was safe he would had left to create some like he said and then we would had been on our own again.

Then the real question would be are we stupid enough to get another nuclear war?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:54 pm 
Oh how the ghost of you clings...

silkspectre3 wrote:
Alfonso wrote:

Then the real question would be are we stupid enough to get another nuclear war?

I believe we are...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:52 pm 
Vigilante

Alfonso wrote:
silkspectre3 wrote:
Alfonso wrote:

I believe we are...

I'm on the fence on that one for one we haven't done it yet and it become less likely but I'm not evil or crazy so who knows which leader (s) with power, money and a purpose might decide that a little nuclear war never hurt anyone so...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:43 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
As for the subject, I personally think that Dr. Manhattan would eventually have left for Mars or elsewhere even without Veidt's involvement. Given his mental state and growing detachment from humanity, it was only a matter of time.

And then Russia would launch their nukes and blow us all to hell.

Possibly, but wasn't Russia pushing through Afghanistan ? they were going to strike first, regardless of Manhattan's presence.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:35 am 
Tired of Earth.

Funny how the phrase "WWMD?" (What Would Manhattan Do?) is close to the phrase "WMD" (Weapons of Mass Destruction) because that's what Jon is.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:10 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

WJK wrote:
Funny how the phrase "WWMD?" (What Would Manhattan Do?) is close to the phrase "WMD" (Weapons of Mass Destruction) because that's what Jon is.

Silly Alan and Dave :lol: