WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Who is your favorite Watchmen character?
Rorschach (Walter Kovacs) 49%  49%  [ 109 ]
Dr. Manhattan (Jon Osterman) 11%  11%  [ 25 ]
Nite-Owl (Dan Dreiberg) 11%  11%  [ 24 ]
The Silk Spectre (Laurie Juspeczyk) 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Ozymandias (Adrian Vedit) 7%  7%  [ 16 ]
The Comedian (Edward Blake) 15%  15%  [ 34 ]
Sally Jupiter 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Hollis Mason 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Dr. Malcolm Long 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Other 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 223
 Post subject: Re: Favorite character?
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:04 pm 
Crimebuster

For me it is both Manhattan and Comedian, but I chose Manhattan not for his powers but for his personality, every one of his actions has a reason behind it and I love that even though he knows the outcome he stays true to it and never changes it, whether people think he shows the least amount of emotion that right there to me shows he has the most emotions of anyone, for he understands that every action has a reaction and to change his future he is changing multiple others as well. He is so far above human perception that he has become a force of nature rather than a human.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:57 pm 
Minuteman

Rorschach and NiteOwl.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:01 pm 
So impotent.

For me it's Dan Drieberg/NiteOwl II. I just love how he is like Batman but with out the un-necissary violence & fear. Not to mention the awesome goggles. I love them, they could see anything. He does what has to be done but without taking tons of lives (at least in present day) he came to grips with & found remorse for the things he did during the war. He was an honest hero without any self-serving ideals. Plus he was inspired by his hero Hollis Mason/Nite Owl II. He learned it all from him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:14 am 
So impotent.

My favorite character is Mothman,i know he only appears in like 4 panels and is only mentioned a few times but he still has great appeal. He survives the events of watchmen and is one of only two minutemen to make it to the end. He invented really cool wings that allow him to fly, making him the only minutemen with "super powers". Also his lack of a significant back story helps to make him mysterious and he doesn't seem like a total psychopath like some of the watchmen characters and is generally a good person like Dan is; who just wanted to help people.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:22 am 
Tired of Earth.

I hadn't considered that he was the only Minuteman who could fly or had any special gadgets to speak of. Pity about the alcoholism, though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:50 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Mothman's a pretty fair choice, really. He's also a sympathetic character because his turn towards alcoholism was due to him being a victim of circumstance, really. Kind of like Hollis Mason's tragic end.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13