WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:23 pm 
Crimebuster

It is TOO obvious Blake did it. i'd like to see this get some time in the movie with a fight scene.

"Have the people changed
Does it make you happy you're so strange
And in your darkest hour, I hold secrets flame
You can watch the world devoured in it's pain "

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:19 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

He wasn't a Nazi, that was a front, he was a communist, and the communists killed him. I like to imagine it that way anyways as a) its cool to think there is a minuteman with similar political views to mine and b) and its wraps up nicely all the different political/moral viewpoints.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:44 pm 
Crimebuster

The Mayfair Roleplaying Game that Moore and Gibbons oversaw and contributed to, confirmed that Rolf Mueller was HJ and that the Comedian was the culprit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:59 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

The Anonymous One wrote:
The Mayfair Roleplaying Game that Moore and Gibbons oversaw and contributed to, confirmed that Rolf Mueller was HJ and that the Comedian was the culprit.

If this is true, then the Nazi thing was a front. Heck, why hadn't I thought of that before. He was communist, yes, but wasn't killed by the commies, but by the comedian. If he did get killed by the comedian (I still like to analyse the comic only), then he still could have been commie.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:08 pm 
Crimebuster

IIRC, Blake threatened to blackmail HJ with knowledge that he was engaged in a gay relationship with Captain Metropolis. Take that with a grain of salt though. I don't have the RPG, and only played it a few times. Google isn't giving me anything.

Post subject: Hooded Justice
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:26 am 
Minuteman

[NOTE: This post was merged here from an "Ozymandias" thread in the Watchmen movie section. --"Curiosity Inc."]

"Nelly called last night, upset over another tiff with H.J. ... Nelly says he's always out when Nelly calls out with boys, and there's a lot of rough stuff going on." - Lawrence Schexnayder
"Researching my masked predecessors, I investigated the mid-fifties disappearance of Hooded Justice." - Adrian Veidt
In the mid-fifties Veidt would have been a teenager...
was Blake's murder payback for Hooded Justice ?

http://thefishshow.com/Archive/WM%20UM.htm

- Adrian Veidt

Post subject: Re: Hooded Justice
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:27 am 
Intrinsic Field Subtractor

Avenging World wrote:
"Researching my masked predecessors, I investigated the mid-fifties disappearance of Hooded Justice." - Adrian Veidt
In the mid-fifties Veidt would have been a teenager...
was Blake's murder payback for Hooded Justice ?

He said he investigated the mid-fifties disappearance. He doesn't say he investigated it in the mid-fifties. Clearly it was later... as he researched his masked predecessors.

Or are you suggesting that Veidt was one of HJ's boy toys back in that time? Hurm.

Might explain the "O" face on Adrian as he kills Blake.

And why Veidt lingered after the Crimebusters fiasco... to comfort poor Nellie.

Interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:26 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

I was right about Avenging World cutting and pasting his posts from a single source. If you click on his link, you'll find all of his quotes come from one post. It's actually pretty interesting when read as a single piece.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:17 pm 
So impotent.

*Nods* I couls have been Blake, but we also have to remember, HJ was a Homosexual. He was somewhat outed in "Under The Hood" and also in Sally Jupiters letters and Museings. Also it was becomeing fairly obvious to other member's. Maybe it was a Murder a lot like the one that killed The Silluette (sp?)?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:47 pm 
So impotent.

Here's one thing that had me wondering..

When HJ slaps Blake around after trying to rape Sally, Blake sneers something along the lines of "This is what you like, huh? This is what gets you hot." Obviously he has something on HJ but it's not made very plain. Later, Dan and Laurie talk about some villain that got off on being beaten and how Rorschach finally dropped him down an elevator shaft.

When I first read the GN I thought there was some kind of connection, but it seems unlikely. Blake's words with HJ always had me totally confused though. Am I missing something here?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:19 pm 
Tired of Earth.

glass.bees wrote:
Here's one thing that had me wondering..

When HJ slaps Blake around after trying to rape Sally, Blake sneers something along the lines of "This is what you like, huh? This is what gets you hot." Obviously he has something on HJ but it's not made very plain. Later, Dan and Laurie talk about some villain that got off on being beaten and how Rorschach finally dropped him down an elevator shaft.

When I first read the GN I thought there was some kind of connection, but it seems unlikely. Blake's words with HJ always had me totally confused though. Am I missing something here?

Blake was insinuating -- correctly -- that Hooded Justice had a thing for BDSM (or maybe just SM).

You seem to be positing that Hooded Justice and Captain Carnage were the same person. I consider this unlikely. Certainly, there is some ambiguity about when exactly HJ was murdered, but HJ would have to be upwards of 65 years old if he lived to 1985. On the other hand, Captain Carnage's age was never mentioned. However, HJ shows a clear predilection for the dominating role. I don't know if he'd get off the same way, being submissive as Captain Carnage was.

Looking at the evidence, I would say "no." There is more and stronger evidence to suggest that HJ was killed long before Captain Carnage ever came on the scene.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:44 pm 
Minuteman

Eddie Blake is totally the sort of person to carry a grudge for that long,

"my first crush was on Eddie Blake does that make me twisted?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:14 pm 
Vigilante

PackieMcRearysGirl wrote:
Eddie Blake is totally the sort of person to carry a grudge for that long,

"my first crush was on Eddie Blake does that make me twisted?"

well that's the thing about Edward Blake, no matter how big of a bastard he is, you can't hate him, for some reason you can't. Blake will always be the charmer, He's the life and soul of a party. He tells a good joke. Blake always tells it as it is, he can look at any man, square in the eyes and knows him better than the man knows himself.

on another note, Hooded Justice and Captain Carnage, talk about a match made in heaven.

ps. PackieMcRearysGirl, glad to see another fan of GTA on the forums.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:49 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

:shock: *Imagining HJ and Cap. Carnage doing stuff*

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:43 pm 
Human Bean Juice

SmilingSymmetry wrote:
:shock: *Imagining HJ and Cap. Carnage doing stuff*

Oh hell yes!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:06 pm 
Vigilante

There is an interesting article up at the Watchmen Wiki called The Fate of Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis.

It points out another theory, that HJ just took off his mask and CM faked his own death, and they were alive in the current story. This theory contends that they are actually in a panel of the comic, and that there are enough clues that indicate they are still alive. Or should I say WERE alive, because if they were in the city, they were probably killed by the Squid when it materialized.

In any case, check out the link above for an interesting theory!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:19 pm 
I DID IT!

Jupiter Jones wrote:
There is an interesting article up at the Watchmen Wiki called The Fate of Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis.

It points out another theory, that HJ just took off his mask and CM faked his own death, and they were alive in the current story. This theory contends that they are actually in a panel of the comic, and that there are enough clues that indicate they are still alive. Or should I say WERE alive, because if they were in the city, they were probably killed by the Squid when it materialized.

In any case, check out the link above for an interesting theory!

I saw that a while ago and I do have to wonder. If it's a coincidence, it is one hell of one. I'd be curious to ask Gibbons/Moore about it.

"Under no circumstances should anyone encourage the ordinary person to be funny."
--Bob Mackey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:28 pm 
New Frontiersman

Last edited by People Must Be Told. on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:15 pm 
Vigilante

People Must Be Told. wrote:
Circusdog wrote:
I'd be curious to ask Gibbons/Moore about it.

The latter might prove problematic but I suspect the former wouldn't present too much of an issue considering Dave's past dealings with this site and Mein Host.
Let's see what happens...

That would be a great question to ask if channels of communication were open still to Mr. Gibbons! I agree that Mr. Moore would be unlikely to comment...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:48 pm 
Minuteman

Jupiter Jones wrote:

Huh, that's interesting. I had noticed the same thing sometime before 2000, when I published my additions and corrections to The Annotated Watchmen on Usenet. It looks like the guy that wrote that article noticed it a year earlier, since he says he "brought it to the attention of various Watchmen fan groups and commentators since at least 1999". So I feel like my observations were not totally out of left field, since this guy independently made them too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next