WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HJ BS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:53 pm 
New Frontiersman

I also recall that in that first month between issue one hitting the shelves in September '86 and number two arriving in the October, a lot of fan speculation even had Blake and Hooded Justice down as being one and the same person largely on the basis of their visually similar physiques, a point which was seemingly reinforced by lines like "...this Blake guy... he had muscles like a weightlifter" and (from Under The Hood I.), A tall man, built like a wrestler, who wore a black hood and cape and also wore a noose around his neck.

Of course, with the advent of WATCHMEN #2, this theory - like so many others which were to come up during the entire publication run - was indeed proven to be bullshit. But if was still fun trying to second-guess what was going to happen before it was officially revealed month by month!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:51 pm 
Crimebuster

So if the two dominant theories are The Fate of Hooded Justice and Captain Metropolis or Blake killed him, I guess the only thing I can add to the conversation is the vague possibility that both might be correct. Maybe Blake thought he had killed HJ, but HJ returned from the brink of death and decided that it was time to move on. Blake not finishing someone off by accident is sort of debatable because he was a trained killer, but it's a plausible theory.

Post subject: Game Over
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:16 pm 
New Frontiersman

Whilst having already been brought up in this very thread back in Dec. 2008, it bears repeating:

The 1987 Mayfair Games WATCHMEN RPG module Taking Out The Trash, sanctioned by Moore himself and produced in collaboration with him resulting from many a telephone conversation to discuss and approve its content, explicity states that not only was the East German circus strongman known as Rolf Müller (apparently an alias name) defintely Hooded Justice, but that the head shot that killed him was indeed fired by Blake who dumped the body in the drink whereupon it washed up in a decomposing state on the Boston coast some months later.

Post subject: Re: Game Over
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:46 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Writer Of Wrongs wrote:
Whilst having already been brought up in this very thread back in Dec. 2008, it bears repeating:

The 1987 Mayfair Games WATCHMEN RPG module Taking Out The Trash, sanctioned by Moore himself and produced in collaboration with him resulting from many a telephone conversation to discuss and approve its content, explicity states that not only was the East German circus strongman known as Rolf Müller (apparently an alias name) defintely Hooded Justice, but that the head shot that killed him was indeed fired by Blake who dumped the body in the drink whereupon it washed up in a decomposing state on the Boston coast some months later.

As long as BW doesn't try to do anything on this, I am okay with accepting the above.

Post subject: Re: Game Over
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:40 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Writer Of Wrongs wrote:

Fuck. I really do not want it turn out that Blake actually did kill HJ, it's such a waste of a story for him IMO. It could go so much more in depth if the true fate of CM and HJ actually turned out to be real.

"What happened to the American dream? It came true! Your lookin' at it."