WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:26 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
regardless of how much iran wants nukes, they are still several years, and a lot of capital, away from having one, and even when they do, all they'll have is one, comparing that to the threat of nuclear war present during the cold war when both sides had many many nukes, it's not really the same level of threat.

But, with the strength of today's nukes and how small their target (Israel) is, they would have a very real chance of wipng out israel, and then there would be major retaliation from America and probably some others.

but not nuclear retaliation,
and the strength of today's nukes would a lot higher than the first nuke iran manages to build.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:45 am 
Crimebuster

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
GAP wrote:
^ I guess that answers that but I can see the point behind that statement. I know it is a Cold War era thing but can the quote be applied to the Post Cold War Era world?

Most definitely, like in today's world of global terrorism, is putting a mugger in abrs really making the world a better place when Hamas is blowing up buildings left and right? That's up for debate

No, not the terrorists. The fact is superpowers like Russia, the US and most likely China still holds nuclear barrage that could destroy the entire humanity several times in seconds, and we were told its a safer world now, unlikely.

Catching up terrorist is the REAL game of cowboys and indians now.

But if you ask me? Were they really matter? And I will raise up the issue of Rorschach again, and this could very possibly irratate someone around. Since the heroic stuff of saving others is to no avail, even hypocritic. Then we can simply drop it. Does Rorschach give a phaque about saving anyone other than himself? No. And in the end, he is the only one that is free.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3978&hilit=

There is no value worthy a salvation other than the value of a single individual, at least this is where I retreat into.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:53 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

ancylostomiasis wrote:
No, not the terrorists. The fact is superpowers like Russia, the US and most likely China still holds nuclear barrage that could destroy the entire humanity several times in seconds, and we were told its a safer world now, unlikely.

Catching up terrorist is the REAL game of cowboys and indians now.

I have to argue here, because most of the superpowers these days fight economically, look at china, they aren't our friend but they aren't openly attacking us, they are using their power ot ontrol the markets and crippls us monetarily.

Terrorists groups who get nuclear weapons would return the atmosphere of the cold war, where any moment could be THE moment

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:09 am 
Crimebuster

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
I have to argue here, because most of the superpowers these days fight economically, look at china, they aren't our friend but they aren't openly attacking us, they are using their power ot ontrol the markets and crippls us monetarily.

Terrorists groups who get nuclear weapons would return the atmosphere of the cold war, where any moment could be THE moment

I'm not sure, let's hope that you are right it is possible for us to tame the government, freakin finally, but sometimes I just feel like what the Joker said: they are just as good as the situation allowed them to be, if there is really a definition of 'good' in them that is.