WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:15 pm 
Crimebuster

We all know Adrian is faster, more agile, and overall a better hand-to-hand fighter. But who do you think is physically stronger out of the two? Raw power.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:23 pm 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

watchman wrote:
We all know Adrian is faster, more agile, and overall a better hand-to-hand fighter. But who do you think is physically stronger out of the two? Raw power.

The book answers this one. Comedian in his younger days, Veidt in his older more experienced years.

Last edited by Smutty on Wed May 11, 2011 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:44 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

Smutty wrote:
watchman wrote:

The book answers this one. Comedian in his younger days, Veidt in his older more experienced years.

You're wrong, it's actually Comedian in his older more experienced years as opposed to Veidt in his younger days...

...in the spiritual sequel of course !

Post subject: YOU'RE PRETTY GOOD!
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:48 am 

feliciano182 wrote:
Smutty wrote:
watchman wrote:

You're wrong, it's actually Comedian in his older more experienced years as opposed to Veidt in his younger days...

You say some pretty good shit sometimes man

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:08 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

i'd say they were probably pretty equal if they were the same age, altrhough i'd say Blake could probably hit harder, because he was a bit bigger, they could probably bench similar amounts though for example,

you know this thread is pretty weir...(see's who started it... oh that explains it,)... hey watchman!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:54 am 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

feliciano182 wrote:
Smutty wrote:
watchman wrote:

That bionic arm really upped the game.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:04 pm 
Crimebuster

Quote:

Quote:
you know this thread is pretty weir...(see's who started it... oh that explains it,)... hey watchman!

Quote:

Fuck you, assholes! :?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:08 pm 

watchman wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Curi ? Banhammer :D ?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:09 pm 
Tired of Earth.

totally convinced this guy didn't read the graphic novel

or not all of it.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:13 pm 
Crimebuster

try me.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:24 pm 

watchman wrote:
try me.

Well buddy, the thing is that the book shows one instance where The Comedian beats the shit out of Veidt many years ago, and of course centers around the present (the eighties) where veidt is now much more experienced and is able to beat Blake (which sets into motion the whole storyline).

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:38 pm 
Crimebuster

Quote:
Well buddy, the thing is that the book shows one instance where The Comedian beats the shit out of Veidt many years ago

Ummm, no. I hear this all the time and it's not true. Nowehere does it say that The Comedian "beat the shit" out of him. The Comedian won in that case. Veidt claims it was all a misunderstanding. So we don't know just how much of a fight he was interested in putting up. Blake is an dick, so I can see him giving Adrian a sucker punch, one he would not expect from of a fellow mask. And it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I'm asking who you THINK is physically stronger. Not who won the fight. Not who is a better fighter. Who is physically stronger. For all the big deal you guys make about the novel, I'm shocked you were able to read it since a simple question managed to confuse you so much.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:45 pm 

watchman wrote:
Nowehere does it say that The Comedian "beat the shit" out of him. The Comedian won in that case.

Dear diary:

Today it rained while I was outside, water slid over my clothes, moisting them, BUT I DIDN'T GET WET !

Big difference !

Last edited by feliciano182 on Wed May 11, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:46 pm 

watchman wrote:
Quote:
Well buddy, the thing is that the book shows one instance where The Comedian beats the shit out of Veidt many years ago

Ummm, no. I hear this all the time and it's not true. Nowehere does it say that The Comedian "beat the shit" out of him. The Comedian won in that case. Veidt claims it was all a misunderstanding. So we don't know just how much of a fight he was interested in putting up. Blake is an dick, so I can see him giving Adrian a sucker punch, one he would not expect from of a fellow mask. And it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I'm asking who you THINK is physically stronger. Not who won the fight. Not who is a better fighter. Who is physically stronger. For all the big deal you guys make about the novel, I'm shocked you were able to read it since a simple question managed to confuse you so much.

The problem here is that they aren't real people. Gibbons art is just that, art. Determining how strong fictional characters are isn't the easiest thing to do, as we can't really look at the muscle tone in a 2D image. If someone can beat someone else in a fight then that's usually a good way to indicate who is the stronger of the two, and seeing your implication that we can't use these fights as a basis for our verdict makes this topic more pointless than a sitcom spin-off.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:04 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Hmm...

In an attempt to answer the troll's question based on what I read in the graphic novel, I'd have to go with Veidt. I mean, he did achieve a near superhuman fitness. Comedian never got anywhere near that, even if he can throw a good punch. It's a simple matter of brains over brawn.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:10 pm 
Crimebuster

Right, that's why it's a who do you think question. There is no 100% accurate way to determine it. But it could lead to interesting discussion. Say Blake's punch is just devastating... in the movie he throws a couple at Adrian. What if he connected? Would that put Ozzy down? If it did, would Blake finish him off?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:17 pm 
Tired of Earth.

watchman wrote:
Right, that's why it's a who do you think question. There is no 100% accurate way to determine it. But it could lead to interesting discussion. Say Blake's punch is just devastating... in the movie he throws a couple at Adrian. What if he connected? Would that put Ozzy down? If it did, would Blake finish him off?

Doubt it, considering what Veidt had achieved by the time he went to finish Blake off, it made more sense that he didn't seem to put up a fight in the graphic novel.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:44 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Smutty wrote:
watchman wrote:
Quote:

The problem here is that they aren't real people. Gibbons art is just that, art. Determining how strong fictional characters are isn't the easiest thing to do, as we can't really look at the muscle tone in a 2D image. If someone can beat someone else in a fight then that's usually a good way to indicate who is the stronger of the two, and seeing your implication that we can't use these fights as a basis for our verdict makes this topic more pointless than a sitcom spin-off.

Frasier was good.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:49 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

watchman wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i was kidding watchman :D all this abuse, well, it's a rite of passage

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:42 am 
So impotent.

[NOTE: Image removed. Not only was this one annoying, I found it strangely painful to look at. --"Curiosity Inc."]

Last edited by watching watchman on Thu May 12, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next