WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:18 am 
Alien Squid Monster

DoomsdayClock wrote:
Rorschach by Frank Miller anyone?

Ahh... god, no. Have you read anything by Miller lately? Hell, all his characters were pretty similar when he was at his best, anyway (admittedly, that is vicious, psychopathic vigilantes, which Rorschach is). But unless you want an awful, clicheed comic which is "adult" in the loosest sense (i.e, full of violence with drugs and sex) then, really, Miller would be disastrous. God, no. NO!

Post subject: Watchmen Charcaters
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:29 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

[NOTE: This post started its own thread before I merged it here. The search function is your friend, folks! --"Curiosity Inc."]

do any of you wish that any watchmen character appeared in other novels maybe a spin off on a certain character to truly dwell into there history not saying there history isn't explained in gn ?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:30 am 
Vigilante

I would like to see more of The Comedian myself, in the GN we only get a few glimpses of The Life of Edward Blake. I mean Blake was only 16 when he joined The Minute Men, why did he even become a costumed adventurer?, then goes off to fight in WW2, then fought in Nam, then becomes some kind of agent for govenment . I would just like to learn more.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:56 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

I'm against a sequel. It would completely ruin the ambiguity of the ending.

However, I wouldn't be against stories before the main events of the book -- to add more meat to the bones the characters. I'd adore to see a issue completely on Captain Carnage! Or "The Night Out with Nite Owl (I)"...exploring the city with him, watching him do what he did best. Or Nite Owl II vs. Twilight Lady. Rorschach vs. Moloch. Origin of Mothman.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:17 am 
Human Bean Juice

DogWithHeadSplitOpen wrote:
I'm against a sequel. It would completely ruin the ambiguity of the ending.

However, I wouldn't be against stories before the main events of the book -- to add more meat to the bones the characters. I'd adore to see a issue completely on Captain Carnage! Or "The Night Out with Nite Owl (I)"...exploring the city with him, watching him do what he did best. Or Nite Owl II vs. Twilight Lady. Rorschach vs. Moloch. Origin of Mothman.

Mothman first gained attention in Point Pleasence, West Virginia...wait, wrong one *smacks self in head*

If there is a sequel, I'll join Eddie Blake sidewalk diving.

While not so much of a spinoff, I'd like to know who Rorschach's father was. Then Rors' fragile little world could crack even farther if he found out the man he admired so much was really a murderer or a druglord.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:35 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

Lady_Rorschach wrote:
While not so much of a spinoff, I'd like to know who Rorschach's father was. Then Rors' fragile little world could crack even farther if he found out the man he admired so much was really a murderer or a druglord.
Actually, I tend to believe that this "charmer" is Charlie, Walter's dad:
It totally looks like him! And check out the pinstripes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:42 am 
Human Bean Juice

Actually, I tend to believe that this "charmer" is Charlie, Walter's dad:
It totally looks like him! And check out the pinstripes.

:shock: :o

I'm not gonna write a fanfiction, I'm not gonna write a fanfic--SCREW IT! *launches Word*

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:45 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

It's doubtful that the john is Charlie. He left her when she was seven months pregnant, so he knew she would have a kid. And she apparently didn't turn to prostitution until he was history.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:56 am 
Human Bean Juice

Ronch Ronch Ronch wrote:
It's doubtful that the john is Charlie. He left her when she was seven months pregnant, so he knew she would have a kid. And she apparently didn't turn to prostitution until he was history.

Hurm...There was another threas saying that the john in question resembled Byron "Mothman" Lewis. I can think of several Charlies that could possbly be Walter's father. How old is Charlie Manson now?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:58 am 
Tired of Earth.

Lady_Rorschach wrote:

Yes, except that Rorschach never does learn before his death, after which point, Rorschach could never possibly learn. It couldn't possibly work within the continuity.

A few hypotheses about Rorschach's father have been proposed here. All have been shot down.

Anyway, if there's going to be a Watchmen sequel/prequel/spin-off (God forbid), I could think of few things less interesting to explore than the story behind Rorschach's parentage. I'd prefer a story about the Minutemen or superheroes elsewhere in the United States. I'd even prefer a story about the old Nite Owl/Rorschach partnership, like in the video game.

Above all, however, I'd prefer that the Watchmen continuity stay off-limits.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:03 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

Ronch Ronch Ronch wrote:
Actually, we don't know how long his mother was a prostitute. Personally, I believe his mother was a bold-face liar; she lied to about her occupation, she lied about the name "Charlie", and lied about him liking Truman.

I tend to believe that Walter/Rorschach KNEW this man was his father. This is the event that acknowledged who is father was, what his mother did, and what he was the product of. In Charlton, he has a recurring nightmare of this event. He draws of this event. He recalls it vividly in his mind when faced with the inkblot test. It's burned into his memory. Yet he mind harps on "My father was named Charlie. I liked Truman. I like Truman. People should be more like my father and Truman." This was the manner he super-adjusted the image of his father, which is completely false, in order to cope with reality. He is in DENIAL.

Last edited by DogWithHeadSplitOpen on Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:03 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

I've always been fascinated by Dr. Manhattan's early days. We get to see quite a bit, but getting to see the full scope of his impact would be awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:12 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

I agree. And, yes, I would love to see more about the Minutemen adventures, or pre-Keene Rorschach/Nite Owl adventures. And I'm fascinated by the concept of "costumed adventurers" outside New York, or were there any?

But a sequel? BAH!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:16 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

I imagine Ozymandias gallivanting around the country, and Nite Owl probably wouldn't have too much trouble getting around. He does get from New York to Antarctica in the same day, after all.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:17 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

Lady_Rorschach wrote:
I'm not gonna write a fanfiction, I'm not gonna write a fanfic--SCREW IT! *launches Word*
Behold and fear my evil influences upon fanfiction! MWHAHAHAHAHA! Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:19 am 
Human Bean Juice

Lady_Rorschach wrote:

All right, all right, I am looking upon your works and despairing already! :mrgreen:
I'll be sending you a link DWHSO.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:23 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

Lady_Rorschach wrote:
Lady_Rorschach wrote:
All right, all right, I am looking upon your works and despairing already! :mrgreen:
I'll be sending you a link DWHSO.
I look forward to it. Mwhahahaha! Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:25 am 
I DID IT!

EmPiiRe x wrote:
I've always been fascinated by Dr. Manhattan's early days. We get to see quite a bit, but getting to see the full scope of his impact would be awesome.

MOVE OVER, 'SMALLVILLE'!...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:50 am 
Alien Squid Monster

My thoughts:

Prequel would be good, especially detailing the partnership with Nite Owl and Rorschach. But we're getting this in the new game, just it will never be true Watchmen as Moore hasn't written the storyline, and I'd rather have a comic.

Like a lot of people are saying, no sequels, would destroy the ambiguity of the ending.

Now a fully done Black Freighter comic would be perfect, all Dave would have to do is complete the art, we essentially have the storyline in Watchmen.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:59 am 
Nothing ever ends.

Location: She is all States, and all Princes, I, nothing else is.
Mannie Bothans wrote:
I'm not at liberty to discuss all the details, but suffice it to say that a crossover is planned.
(hint, hint)

I love well done fanart.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/ ... 658526.jpg

CLINT FLICKER wrote:
Interviewed in 1988, Moore and Gibbons went on record to say that at the time, the only possible spin-off they would entertain would have been a Minuteman book, ownership position permitting (and we know how that worked out). There would be no direct sequel.

Wait, you mean like my mint copy limited edition of the first issue of Silk Spectre's own run in Nite Owl Comics? ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/ ... 293123.jpg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next