WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:21 pm 
Crimebuster

First I was going to post in the one already made but couldnt since it was locked the letter in question is actually from the RPG Sourcebook page 71, I have posted the picture in question where the letter is easily readable.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:25 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

Oh lawrd..........

Is that legit ? Anyone ?

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:34 pm 
Crimebuster

says Hollis Mason Ghost written by Alan Moore and Special Thanks to Alan Moore, so he did acknowledge that it was created. I am willing to say yes as his name is involved with it.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:36 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

Manhattancomedian wrote:
says Hollis Mason Ghost written by Alan Moore and Special Thanks to Alan Moore, so he did acknowledge that it was created. I am willing to say yes as his name is involved with it.

You know, you're kinda making me hate myself for reminding how much I need to read the comic again :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:37 pm 
Crimebuster

feliciano182 wrote:
Manhattancomedian wrote:

You know, you're kinda making me hate myself for reminding how much I need to read the comic again :lol:

Join the club... I misplaced mine so I have to watch the Motion Comic...Not the same but decent anyways, just don't have 5+ hours to spare. :(

Post subject: Letter of Resignation
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:42 pm 
New Frontiersman

The Mayfair roleplaying game modules and accompanying sourcebook released in 1987 have an air of legitimacy granted them on account of having received the blessings of both Mssrs. Moore and Gibbons.

The module Taking Out The Trash in particular gained the Moore seal of approval, being as it included an essay entitled “The World of the Watchmen” which was written in collaboration with Moore himself over the course of many a telephone conversation and which provided an expanded history of the characters and WATCHMEN universe, featuring information not appearing in the actual comic series. Gibbons, of course, cheerfully provided new cover and interior artwork for all of the game module publications.

Moore was willing to sanction these supplementary works simply because they did not alter, interfere with or in any way contradict anything that he himself had either blatantly included or subtly alluded to in the original comics... that 'Letter to Laurie' extract included. It is, after all, entirely plausible that Blake should choose to attempt to write to his estranged daughter in his darkest hour... completely in keeping with the character and his story.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:25 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Wow, that's so awesome!

"What happened to the American dream? It came true! Your lookin' at it."