WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:49 am 
So impotent.

Physically: Dan. I got the glasses and we have the same hair. I'm fairly round, but I've got muscular arms.

Mentally: Comedian, with some of Dreidberg thrown in. I have a pretty twisted sense of humor and a quick mouth. Like Dan I have a curiosity that usually leads me to have weird adventures. Also I have to make a lot of decisions for other people.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:11 pm 
So impotent.

I would have to say Daniel Dreiberg. I have my OWN secret identity. I'm a U.S Marine Reservist and I don't go around telling everyone its something I do on the side and I have my cammies in my closet just like Daniel had his Nite Owl Costume stored.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:34 pm 
Oh how the ghost of you clings...

sdf

Last edited by Alfonso on Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: I'm Not Like That
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:48 pm 
A brother to dragons.

Alfonso, you nerd, you made it look like we're flirting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:06 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

He is flirting! :)

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:16 pm 
A brother to dragons.

Aww-kward.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:37 pm 

Fixed. . .but the damage is already done. . .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:01 pm 
Minuteman

Physically and Mentally, I like The Comedian. He's a terrible terrible man, but I loved every time he was featured in a flashback.

But as a hero and someone who I could idolize, it would have to be Rorschach.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:54 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

physically: Kovaks. red hair, short.

Mentally: Dan, because im not insane, I have a good sense of humor, I'm rather sociable (hes the most sociable of the group, next to laurie i guess), and i hang out in my basement too much.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:02 am 
Existence is random.

Alfonso wrote:
Fixed. . .but the damage is already done. . .

Don't worry about it. When I read it, you had already edited it so no damage done.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:22 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

I don't think I look like anybody in the book! Maybe like the Tales of the Black Freighter guy, only much skinnier and younger.

As far as attitude goes, I think I am most similar to Dreiberg. Mostly calm, rather reserved but with a sense of humor and sometimes I feel like the odd one out since I am not as radical in thought as many of my friends are or because I am the one who sees things more calmly and logically but not in a cold way since it's very easy for me to empathize with other people.

Also there have been times where the problems of the world (specially in my city, which has a huge problem with safety) have left me feeling "impotent" and without optimism.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:36 pm 
Intrinsic Field Subtractor

Physically... I'd say I look more like Alan Moore than any of his characters.

Mentally... Christ... who want to mop up the mess I could make with that?

spiritually... yeah... I don't really do that. Probably my loss. I was born into the Primative Baptist religion. Didn't really work for me. Studied religon and everything else at a Baptist University. Didn't really work for me. Read a shitload of Ayn Rand. That did something. Read a shitload of Alan Moore and married a godless commie. That helped. Actually, she was just agnostic... until her first week with me... that fixed her.

Soooo...I can't really compare myself to anything in Watchmen. I'm just a freak that way.

I'm probably closer to Hawkeye Pierce in M*A*S*H...physically and mentally... with longer hair... and without the Korean war to justify my insanity.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:14 pm 

Vynson wrote:
Physically... I'd say I look more like Alan Moore than any of his characters.

Mentally... Christ... who want to mop up the mess I could make with that?

spiritually... yeah... I don't really do that. Probably my loss. I was born into the Primative Baptist religion. Didn't really work for me. Studied religon and everything else at a Baptist University. Didn't really work for me. Read a shitload of Ayn Rand. That did something. Read a shitload of Alan Moore and married a godless commie. That helped. Actually, she was just agnostic... until her first week with me... that fixed her.

Soooo...I can't really compare myself to anything in Watchmen. I'm just a freak that way.

I'm probably closer to Hawkeye Pierce in M*A*S*H...physically and mentally... with longer hair... and without the Korean war to justify my insanity.

Hawkeye Pierce. One of the greatest t.v. characters ever!

Post subject: That Would Make Sense
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:10 pm 
A brother to dragons.

DrFünkehattan wrote:
Oddly, Silhouette won't return any of my phone calls...

She was murdered.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:27 pm 
So impotent.

Physically....I would have to say Dan.

Personality------I would lean to Hollis.

Post subject: Question
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:39 pm 
Crimebuster

[NOTE: This post started its own thread before it was merged here. --"Curiosity Inc."]

If you could be and Watchmen Character who would you be and why?

I'd be Rorschach because I feel like the world has to much scum in it and it needs to be rid of.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...and I'll look down, and whisper 'No'." October 12th, 1985

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:30 pm 
I DID IT!

Physically, I'm a Dan(ielle) Dreiberg.

Personality-wise, probably also most like Dan. I'm a neeeeeerd, guys. A nerd who waxes poetic on subjects she's academically interested in (am I the only one who LOVED Dan's owl essay in the book?). I'm usually a slow burn temper-wise, too. It seems to take an awful lot to get Dan mad.

As an aside, I'm mildly creeped out that anyone would want to be Rorschach. I might want to be nice to Rorschach but being him? No thanks. If I could choose to BE anyone from the book, I'd probably pick Laurie or Dan. They have their problems but they sure have a whole lot fewer problems than everybody else.

"Under no circumstances should anyone encourage the ordinary person to be funny."
--Bob Mackey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:45 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Physically: A mixture between Dan and Rorschach. I keep my body in shape, but never really work out.

Mentally: Mixture between Comedian, Manhattan and Rorschach. Sometimes I would really like to hit people in the face. Sometimes I actually do it, and feel much better after doing so. There are just days where I couldn't care less for anything in the world. Every now and then, I get that feeling of pride in where I do what I feel makes me comfortable and better about myself.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:28 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I'm a depressed and neurotic cynic who sees life as a cruel joke, like the comedian. But I'm also (not to toot my own horn) somewhat intelligent like Dan, and I'm depressed when it comes to relationships (hell and damnation).

Physically, I have a Veidt body (lean in thin, not quite as muscluar though :P), with a Comedianish face, and curly Rorschach hair that's dark brown instead of red.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:10 am 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

I'm definitely Adrian. There's a reason he's my favorite character. I have a dislike of people; many of them are stupid and make poor decisions. I support the "ends justify the means" idea. Just about everything he does and stands for is me.

Over on another forum I won't name, I and others were opposed to a group of trolls who essentially controlled the forum with their derailing conversations and the moderators' poor skills. Eventually I realised, like Adrian, that petty squabbles with these trolls was useless and something big needed to be done. I manipulated half the board into a civil war to disguise what I eventually did to the trolls, which is "obtain" their accounts and get rid of them. The board was a "stronger loving world" afterword...but just like Adrian, I couldn't bear to know if it would work, and so I left. I've never returned to see what the aftermath of my "alien squid" was.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next