WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:39 am 
Tired of Earth.

BlackDoomShadow wrote:
Over on another forum I won't name, I and others were opposed to a group of trolls who essentially controlled the forum with their derailing conversations and the moderators' poor skills. Eventually I realised, like Adrian, that petty squabbles with these trolls was useless and something big needed to be done. I manipulated half the board into a civil war to disguise what I eventually did to the trolls, which is "obtain" their accounts and get rid of them. The board was a "stronger loving world" afterword...but just like Adrian, I couldn't bear to know if it would work, and so I left. I've never returned to see what the aftermath of my "alien squid" was.

...I just found a new worst nightmare.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:47 am 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Hey, there's nothing wrong with this place.

Besides, Dr. Manhattan said nothing ever ends. That place is probably a hellhole now like it was when I first joined.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:45 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

I guess I'll follow Vynson's example.
Physically, I don't think I really look like anyone from the Watchmen world. I know I said the Tales from the Black Freighter guy, but I'm pretty off from that.

However, when my hair is cut short, I think I give off this Zack Snyder vibe. We also have a lot of the same mannerisms and expressions but my voice is not at all like his. I think I look and sound more Billy Crudup.

But in terms of personality, I still identify with Dreiberg the most.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:12 am 
Vigilante

Physically: Daniel Dreiberg, I got a gut and glasses. I'm more like what if Dan was a metalhead, muscular arms, long hair and beard.

Mentally: a mix of Dan and Eddie Blake. on a good day I'm like Dan, just a dude who trying to get though life one day at a time, but on a bad day I'm like The Comedian, I see like a life as sadistic joke and reflects the absurdities of world, and the only to cope is to be just sadistic and just as absurd.

my closet:is like The Comedian's hidden cache of weapons, because I do paintball and airsoft battles on the weekends, I got all kinds of armor and airsoft guns in there.

My favorite costume: The Comedian costume during the riots, with gimp mask and m79 grenade launcher included.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:53 am 
A brother to dragons.

Physically: Pretty much the same as Rorschach/Walter, sans Red Hair and a touch more height (I'm about 5'8)

Mentally: Hmm...Tough one there...I'd say I'm a blend of a few characters. I, for the most part, get along well with a lot of people but I also don't usually show my truest self to just anyone. I had some bad experiences in my final 2 years of High School that left me pretty bitter. I tend to have a bit of a cynical-leaning view of people around me, which, in the ways of George Carlin, if you aren't somewhat smart at least, I will probably see you as either stupid, full of crap, nuts or a combo of the 3. Not to mention i, likely will treat you like crap if I do see you as one of the 3. And it's not that I don't have friends...it's that I'm a bit more picky now as to who I consider a "good friend" now a days.

Jeez...So I guess I would say a bit of Dan, Rorscach and Veidt are in me. Maybe even the Comedian but that's a stretch.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:06 pm 
Crimebuster

Damn. This is gonna be hard.

Well Physically I'm Rorschach. I'm about 5'6 and is around the 180 lbs weight range.

Mentally I'm Dan. Im super excluded. I worry about everything. I try to live life one day at a time. ECT. So big surprise there :|

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...and I'll look down, and whisper 'No'." October 12th, 1985

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:26 am 
Minuteman

blottestman wrote:
What characters are you most like? Physical? Mentaly? Same names?

I look most like Daniel Dreiberg. Glasses, a little chubby (but not fat). Althought my personality is a mix of Daniel and Rorschach. I kinda like being to myself and would never reveal my true idenity whilst also I am like him in realtionships. I find myself to be the guy who you can break down to, let it out, I'd never try anything to harm you. But I get my Rorschach traits by being obbessive and will take no mercy when comitting justice.

Also, my and ol'Blot Face have the same middle name, Joseph which I have pointed out to everyone that I know.

I'm very much like Rorschach, in my morals system or lack there of, people are mostly afraid of me, and I can fight fairly well when I have to.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:10 am 
Vigilante

Well this sounds fun, time to give it a try!

Physically, gotta be closer to Laurie (from the Crimebusters flashbacks) and Rorschach. Laurie for the girl aspect, and Rorschach cause he's as tall as I am.
Mentally, Laurie (again for the girl aspect), and maybe Comedian. I like most of his jokes.

For now we stand alone
The world is lost and blown
And we are flesh and blood disintegrate
With no more to hate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:18 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Physically, I'm a mix of most of the characters.

I'm short like Rorschach.
I wear glasses like Dan.
I'm blonde like Veidt.
I'm female like Laurie, and I also have a very similar name.

Mentally, I'm a mix of Dan and Manhattan. I'm pretty average for the most part, but at times I'm disconnected with others.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:26 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

I related mostly with Dr. Manhattan's disconnect, apathy, and introverted interests. Much like Manhattan, I find there's much more to be learned and experienced by viewing the world and people through all of it's prisms and points of view, not just your own.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:10 am 
New Frontiersman

Physically I am probably most like the Comedian, I'm 6' 2" tall, built like a rugby player (which I used to be), shortish brown hair, and on and off a goatee beard depending on mood, and preference of my other half at that time.

Mentally, I am probably most like Adrian, not as intelligent as him of course, but I do believe morality and ethics are situational, and I do believe in careful forward planning. As with many here, I am fond of the sound of my own voice and believe strongly in those things I have an opinion about. I also find most of humanity difficult to understand sometimes.......

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste......

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:08 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

Physically....the Vietnamese prostitute, lol. I am actually Vietnamese; my parents were refugees of the Vietnam War. I'm short (5' 2.5"), black-haired, and near the same build (except the pregnant belly), and I have the similar pudgy nose. Also, I do have a touch of Walter's "fascinatingly ugly" looks and I wear glasses -- I'm blind as a bat without them -- like Dan.

Psychologically and personally...I'd say Rorschach. Like him, I grew up in an abusive family, I'm not excepted by most of them either, and was bullied intensely by people my age until college. I consider myself intelligent, creative, and rather obsessive. I'm an insomniac. I'm, also, very socially awkward and isolated, sexually inexperienced, and possess a similar sense of morality and ethics. I'm a whole-hearted devourer of information, a needler for the truth, and an advocate of strong, quick justice. I, too, have a strange habit of digging through people's kitchens, like peeking into people's refrigerators and stealing saltine crackers from restaurants; it's often the first thing I do when I enter someone else's kitchen. (It happened naturally because the first thing you do when you get home is to look for something to eat. You can tell a lot from a person by what they have in their kitchens.) And, yes, when I'm lazy (or too busy), I eat right out of the can.

Socially, I'm both Nite Owls. I'm friendly, sociable, easy-going, honest, and extremely nerdy, with an odd sweet-and-sour sense of humour. I can be calm, yet primarily I'm a hyperactive ball of nervous energy. I'll talk to strangers with no problem, yet I'm a good listener as well. (People confess the darnest things to me!) I love having conversations that would last for hours on end. I have many acquaintances, but few true friends. Yet, internally, I have anxiety problems -- even though, my exterior demeanour rarely ever show this -- but naturally plagued with self-doubt and low confidence, resulting in me being a loner -- a plotter who plots alone. I have a habit of over-thinking situations and being super indecisive when it comes to decision-making. When I finally come to a decision, the moment would have already passed. I'm just trying to get through life one day at a time.

Politically, I'm like Ozymandias. I'm very liberal in mind and careful in thought. I have very absolute opinions and defend them strongly; but, unlike him, I love hearing other people's views. I have a cynical view of the world and I find humanity as a whole to understand because they're absurdly emotional, not logical, creatures. I believe a "utopia" can exist, but only when human race no longer exists on this planet.

Mentally, I'm like Dr. Manhattan. The way I process information, I feel, is "different" than most people, so I have strange "thinking outside the box" mentality. I'm an absolute glutton for knowledge and information. I like to learn and experience the world through many different means and perspectives. I can be very arrogant and overtly superiour, although I don't mean to be. (I also like to walk around my house half-naked....but it's far too cold to do that now.)

Romantically, I'm a bit of everyone: Like Nite Owl II, I'm not classically attractive in any way. Lately, I've been feeling like Silk Spectre II, because wherever I go a congregation of strange, awkwardly geeky men flock toward me, yet like Dr. Manhattan, I'm wholly oblivious to this! Like Silk Spectre I, I feel like I'm being pressuring into it in order to be socially accepted. Like Ozymandias, I feel romance is a distraction from my life goals and that clouds and confuses a logical mind; yet, like Rorschach, I don't think I deserve to be loved, which is (probably) why I act so indifferently towards it. And, like the Comedian, it's probably the life that isn't for me anyway.

Did I miss anything? I think I got everything.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:56 pm 
Crimebuster

Ahh I dunno about this one...

I suppose Physically... for the girl aspect I'm Laurie. I have to keep myself in shape because I'm a dancer but my body doesn't seem to want me to STAY in shape... :roll: I have to work hard for that..

I suppose Mentally I'm alot like Laurie too I identify completely with her, although I do have quite a bit of nerdyness in me... among friends i'm known as the nerd :D .. which is nice...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:47 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

Mentally: My perspective and outlook on life and the world is spot-on Comedian.

Probably why he's my favorite character...

videos we make:
http://www.youtube.com/pennsylvaniapeople

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:25 pm 
Crimebuster

Physically: I have to say Blake in is final days. Pretty tall and ripped but have some weight on

Mentally: Rorschach and Blake because when I was younger I hated my mom and I began to think how life is a joke.

"Have the people changed
Does it make you happy you're so strange
And in your darkest hour, I hold secrets flame
You can watch the world devoured in it's pain "

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:35 pm 
Vigilante

Physically: Dan, definitely, got a bit of a gut.

Mentally: Hmm, I'd say Eddie. I'm pretty cynical.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:25 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
BlackDoomShadow wrote:
Over on another forum I won't name, I and others were opposed to a group of trolls who essentially controlled the forum with their derailing conversations and the moderators' poor skills. Eventually I realised, like Adrian, that petty squabbles with these trolls was useless and something big needed to be done. I manipulated half the board into a civil war to disguise what I eventually did to the trolls, which is "obtain" their accounts and get rid of them. The board was a "stronger loving world" afterword...but just like Adrian, I couldn't bear to know if it would work, and so I left. I've never returned to see what the aftermath of my "alien squid" was.

...I just found a new worst nightmare.

Heh. Wow, you created an Alien Squid in a teacup.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:41 pm 
Human Bean Juice

Physically: Sally Jupiter (with Laurie's hair color, but shorter style)

Mentaly: The cynicism of Rorschach and the Comedian's preference for violence. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:27 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

I am Max Shea, lured to a South East Asian island to work on a creative project with a specially assembled international team.

Post subject: Which watchmen are you?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:45 pm 
So impotent.

[NOTE: This post started its own thread before I merged it here. --"Curiosity Inc."]

Alam Moore stated that he gave his characters different personalities so that everyone could identify with them. Which of the watchmen do you think you are most like?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next