WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:15 pm 
Vigilante

The SECOND SS. Many reasons, not including sharing the same gender. Hell, her mom is a nutty alcoholic whore, what do you know, my mom is too. Only I don't talk to my mom anymore. Drama with dad, similar relationships, etc.. I guess it really comes more down to similar stories and how situations are handled more than anything.

Last edited by The Silk Spectre on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:19 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

I am totally Dan. I am nerdy and can't really talk to girls well, but for some reason I have a bit of charm. Also I have glasses that are pretty Devo ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:04 pm 
Vigilante

Hurm...

Physically, I'm a mix. I'd say out of the very few female characters I'm a mix of Joey and Sally. I'm built pretty sturdily and can hold my own in a fight, but have serious curves and use them. Not to mention curly red hair and a mole on my right cheek. <3

Personality wise I'm very much a Dangirl with a splash of Sally as well. I'm can be very shy but when I get into a topic I like, I'll never shut the hell up about it, a typical nerd. I'm painfully polite to people I don't know in formal situations. I'm really friendly though in comfortable situations and definitely like to turn on the charm. :3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:28 pm 
Vigilante

Oh, looks-wise, pickings are slim. Not many female characters. Red hair, blue eyes...well, that narrows it down to SSI.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:49 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

GN Laurie. Long, straight dark brown hair, blunt bangs... hurm.

And the really funny thing is I'm marrying a guy who looks a bit like GN Dan.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:26 am 
Vigilante

Fahnette wrote:
GN Laurie. Long, straight dark brown hair, blunt bangs... hurm.

And the really funny thing is I'm marrying a guy who looks a bit like GN Dan.

Pictures! And is your wedding geek-themed? Ours is 3-14, pi! Considering a 1:59 ceremony. 3-14 1:59 Terrible! :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:50 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

I'm totally a Laurie. Tall, leggy, hot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:02 am 
Alien Squid Monster

I'd say I'm an older fatter Laurie, LOL. I've got her hair (though not as long) and a little in the facial features.

Mentally/personality, I'm not sure. Maybe a combo of a few people. Dan and Rorschach maybe. I can be sweet and kind or someone no one wants fight with. I tend to draw my line and not budge or compromise if it's something I believe in. But I can be diplomatic too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:39 pm 
Drinking a toast to absent friends.

Personality: Most like Dan/Rorschach. Sometimes okay and calm, other times just wish I could punch the crap out of the nearest thing Get very stressed sometimes.
Physically, none of them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:55 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Physically; Well its slim pickings from the females (literally!), so as I'm a bit of a fat ass I'll say Bernie ( :shock: ) and The Comedian (I'm a chunk but working out to lose it, so I've got some bulk with muscle behind it).

Personality; Somewhere between Dan (geeky, low confidence), Laurie (sharp lipped, mother issues) and Rorschach / Walter (loner, esteem issues and a questioning worldview that often leads me to judge and despise).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:12 pm 
[NOTE: Merged. --"Curiosity Inc."]

who would it be?

For me it would have to be Rorshach, most of the time i keep to myself, i tend to isolate myself from other people and occasionaly i talk to other people. i also have a bad tember most of the time.

(No, i dont break peoples fingers or pour cooking oil on them :P )

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:11 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Location: Between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Hmmm, physically a cross between Eddie and Walter (an odd mental image, I know).

I have slightly wavy brown hair and blue eyes like comic Blake and my hair is a ringer for JMDs. I also have the wide jaw and cheekbones that can cut paper, broad shoulders and military bearing. I march everywhere. Always have.
I do have an expressive face and this evil grin!

Conversely I'm short and slight. My friends describe me as small, cute and dangerous.
Sounds like Rorschach!

Mentally:
Well, I can't stray too far from these two either. I was an idealistic child who was seriously let down an used by a person whom I should have been able to trust which left me with an edge of cynicism.

As far as character tropes go I'm the lancer. The one who plays devils advocate. A role I have had since early childhood. In that way I'm like Eddie. Sometimes it's lonely, sometimes it's fun but I am compelled to do it.

I like to, have to, think my own thing and have been accused of doing things "just to be different" but this is also an accusation of fakery and it's never fake. I don't care if something is popular or not.
It's either right with no or not right with me.
In that way I'm like Rorschach.

I see no need to pretend to like something to please others.
It's not that I don't like people (some people) or I'm not friendly it's just that I hate fake social interaction. I can do it but it tastes bad. If I like you I'm friendly, loyal, generous, sociable. If I don't chances are I won't talk to you anymore than it's possible to avoid. I'd rather say nothing than lie to you or inflict you on me.

Then I have this comical side. I love to laugh and see the joke in things. I was an obnoxious practical joker as a kid and I grew up with the film belief that it is the comic who see the truth in every situation so I admired an astute comedian above all others. This concept of the serious joke was an early an important discovery for me. It colours my bitter moods and lifts my joyous ones with something like understanding.

Now how cheesy is that?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:22 pm 
Crimebuster

Physical: I'm a mixture of Walter and Dan, short like Walter, a bit chubby like Dan (and funny how my name is Dan)

Personality: Dan all the way! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:09 am 
Crimebuster

Physically I would look like Laurie if my hair was longer, and if I was thinner. I'd be the Filipino/Latino version of Silk Spectre II. ;)

I would say my personality is kind of like Dan, a little nerdy, intelligent, loves gadgets and electronics. I also have a rebellious side, like Rorschach. There is a part of me that doesn't "compromise", that believes in what I think is right and just very strongly.

I can really identify with Laurie in her relationship with her mother. It kind of reminds me of how I am with my own mom in real life. I can also relate to her relationship with Dr. Manhattan, about being with someone emotionally distant, and how he was a father figure to her.

Sally Jupiter's relationship with the Comedian reminds me of a guy I used to know. I can totally understand why she forgave him, even though he did something really terrible. I can understand the love/hate emotions she had for him completely.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:00 am 
Crimebuster

Physically: No one... well, I do have blonde hair like Veidt and am alot more powerful despite my appearence like Rorshach.

Mentally: This is a tough one. I'm alot like Dan in that I love to learn and am going in a drastically different direction carreer-wise than the rest of my family. People also tend to come to me with problems often. I could also see Rorschach a bit. I always go with what I think is right no matter how popular that is; I have an extremely dry sense of humor and I see the world for the gigantic crap hole it is, but try to be optimistic about how I can change that (unlike say, the Comedian). "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 pm 
Human Bean Juice

I'm small and 'fascinatingly ugly' like Rors. Black hair, green eyes. Stronger than I look. I'm often told I look like Audrey Hepburn, but I guess SS II and Rorschach.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:27 pm 
Vigilante

Physically? Dunno. I have dark hair and a mark on my face, but not in the same spot as Laurie.

Mentally? Rorschach and Sally. Crazy, mysteriously offbeat and menacing, but overly nostalgic of Life and Love.

Drew their swords and shot each other."

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:43 pm 
So impotent.

If young Bernie had dreadlocks I'd be a dead ringer for him, minus the glasses, height wise I'd say Walter at 5'6" and weight well I'm about 130 or so. But young Bernie looks wise is more me.

Mentally I had some trouble with my mother and never knew my father so I guess that's Rorschach but I'm an easy going guy like Dan but calculating and with the bisexuality of Ozymandias (If he based himself on Alexander of Macedonia he must have been at least a little into guys) aside from that I can get paranoid like Rorschach and occasionally be a little disconnected like Dr. Manhattan.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:32 pm 
Vigilante

Personality-wise, I'm Dan all the way. I have a hard time talking to women, I'm heavily self-educated in one particular subject (Dan has owls, I have animation history), I'm kind of out of shape (not pudgy, but skinny), and I'm very nostalgic. Now all I need to do is find my Laurie...

Rorshach's journal. October 16, 1985. Been waiting in Moloch's fridge for three hours. Ate two raw eggs and packet of honey mustard sauce. Just realized I am sitting on baking soda. Freezing ass off. Really have to take leak.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:39 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Generally speaking I suppose I share the most traits with Walter- traumatic Mommy issues, short fuse and a tendency towards violence, asexuality, and general hoboish mannerisms... but I'm far too friendly and smallhotgirl and a dork to be that much like him. And not bitchy or princessish enough to be like Laurie although I do look hot in a nice pair of boots.

Also I think i'd love chillin' in the shop with Hollis or Dan- tools are love. (just got finished moving 12,000 pounds of machine shop studio equipment across the country and I can't wait to unpack and use them, dammit. First up= making a replica of Rorschach's grappling gun.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next