WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:39 am 
Alien Squid Monster

If I may be so bold, it seems like the original author, by saying the word "we", etc., and the methods that were bandied about, is actually describing a wiki.

As someone has pointed out, there already is an Annotated Watchmen out there. However, to my knowledge, there's no wiki out there. And with a GN, a movie, several books out, two supplementary DVDs, plenty of interviews and bonus material type stuff circulating, I can safely say that not only is there enough material out there for a wiki, but the world needs one!

And I'm sure many contributors to this site would be more than happy to contribute, myself included.

Go forth and multiply!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:43 am 
The Watcher

promethea wrote:
If I may be so bold, it seems like the original author, by saying the word "we", etc., and the methods that were bandied about, is actually describing a wiki.

As someone has pointed out, there already is an Annotated Watchmen out there. However, to my knowledge, there's no wiki out there. And with a GN, a movie, several books out, two supplementary DVDs, plenty of interviews and bonus material type stuff circulating, I can safely say that not only is there enough material out there for a wiki, but the world needs one!

And I'm sure many contributors to this site would be more than happy to contribute, myself included.

Go forth and multiply!

There is a Wiki. But Isn't this site's main section not a repository of all of that info. What would a wiki have that this site doesn't already have?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:54 am 
Alien Squid Monster

truth be told i didn't search out a wiki, but i'm sure it's got nothin' on watchmencomicmovie.com!

EDIT: i did a quick search, and at first glance, it seems to be more film-related anyway. and, they have a clock that reads that the film is 2 days away . . . huh??? so i re-iterate. it's got nothin' on this site.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:39 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Watchmen's Wikia site is beyond repair. It has, like, five contributors.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:01 am 
Vigilante

SmilingSymmetry wrote:
Found an error on the section on the second page. Convinced me not to go further.

"Panel 8: We see how he got the scar in issue 2."

How is that an error exactly?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:06 am 
A brother to dragons.

I'm nearing completion of a ~35,000-word set of annotations for Watchmen. Decided to do it myself. Really decided to delve into the allusions to outside sources, and found some really neat stuff. A lot less of the obvious stuff (honestly, some of that "Annotated Watchmen" stuff sounds like someone's trying to explain every panel to a blind man). Really concise, painstaking. Graaaah. Now just to hand it in to my professor.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:01 pm 
Crimebuster

The links in the OP are broken, but this looks interesting! Is there any way to re-host so that newer members like myself can see the example pages?