WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3448 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 173  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Women
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:13 pm 
Offline
Silk Swinger of Suburbia
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:10 am
Posts: 1789
[NOTE: This was taken from the "Sequel/Prequel?" thread in the Watchmen movie section. I split the thread and put it here, mainly because I didn't know what the fuck else to do with it. --"Curiosity Inc."]

I think I can't believe there's someone at Czech Republic who actually read Watchmen...it only goes to show how powerful that damn book is.


oh and btw..are there really lots of beautiful women there? :oops: :mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:26 pm 
Offline
Crimebuster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:09 am
Posts: 42
Location: czech
Mere Being wrote:
I think I can't believe there's someone at Czech Republic who actually read Watchmen...it only goes to show how powerful that damn book is.


hehe ... well, I am quite a geek, but there are really not much of comic book geeks here :/ maybe because comics is so damn expensive here ...

Mere Being wrote:
oh and btw..are there really lots of beautiful women there? :oops: :mrgreen:


well, they say so ... I would say it's the same as in any country in the world ... oh well, no, girls from England are really ugly, but besides this, it's the same in all over the world :)

_________________
Kdo bude hlídat hlídače?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:09 pm 
Offline
Close to locating a gluino.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 836
Location: Dublin, Ireland
running wrote:
Mere Being wrote:
oh and btw..are there really lots of beautiful women there? :oops: :mrgreen:


well, they say so ... I would say it's the same as in any country in the world ... oh well, no, girls from England are really ugly, but besides this, it's the same in all over the world :)


wow... nothing like a stupid, unfounded, sweeping generalisation to distract you from the point at hand! where the fuck did that come from? i hear "keeping up appearances" if one of the bbc's most popular foreign exports... any connection?

isn't there a thread where people were coming up with ideas how the story could carry on? i.e. hasn't this already been discussed in some detail?

i seem to remember a couple of prequel ideas... or did i dream this whole thing?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:00 pm 
Offline
New Frontiersman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:07 pm
Posts: 334
Location: San Francisco
Would it be possible to have a separate "let's all talk about our homelands and whether or not hot ladies reside there thread"? Just wondering.

_________________
"People say, ‘Why do you want to put a clothespin on your nuts?’ You know why? Because that’s what I do for a living."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:04 pm 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
SmellsLikeNostalgia wrote:
Would it be possible to have a separate "let's all talk about our homelands and whether or not hot ladies reside there thread"? Just wondering.

You win. Funniest comment in a month. Thank you.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Females
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:46 pm 
Offline
Thermodynamic Miracle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:36 pm
Posts: 266
Location: southern california
iancontinence wrote:
running wrote:
Mere Being wrote:
oh and btw..are there really lots of beautiful women there? :oops: :mrgreen:


well, they say so ... I would say it's the same as in any country in the world ... oh well, no, girls from England are really ugly, but besides this, it's the same in all over the world :)


wow... nothing like a stupid, unfounded, sweeping generalisation to distract you from the point at hand! where the fuck did that come from? i hear "keeping up appearances" if one of the bbc's most popular foreign exports... any connection?

isn't there a thread where people were coming up with ideas how the story could carry on? i.e. hasn't this already been discussed in some detail?

i seem to remember a couple of prequel ideas... or did i dream this whole thing?




first of all.....the women in England are mostly a bunch of mingers, there are fit women there though. look at elizabeth hurley, shes fuckin hot. i guess England saves all their good looks and rations it to select women, while the rest are forced back to slavania. (ali g INDAHOUSE!!! WOOO!!!)

and as long as were making sweeping generalizations...your in IRELAND!!! you should hate all the wankers in england. unless your not in northern ireland....you guys still have that plastic bill currency?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:10 pm 
Offline
Crimebuster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:09 am
Posts: 42
Location: czech
iancontinence wrote:
wow... nothing like a stupid, unfounded, sweeping generalisation to distract you from the point at hand! where the fuck did that come from? i hear "keeping up appearances" if one of the bbc's most popular foreign exports... any connection?


sorry, I really didn't mean it, wrote it like some kind of joke [and to troll a little] :)

_________________
Kdo bude hlídat hlídače?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:55 am 
Offline
Gazing into the abyss.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:19 am
Posts: 1576
DoomsdayClock wrote:
SmellsLikeNostalgia wrote:
Would it be possible to have a separate "let's all talk about our homelands and whether or not hot ladies reside there thread"? Just wondering.

You win. Funniest comment in a month. Thank you.


Maybe Mere could start it because he clearly does have a wife/gf and yet needs to litter nearly every post he makes with boring, and quite frankly weird, lascivious comments about women.

_________________
This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:12 am 
Offline
Gazing into the abyss.

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 1563
Kingmob wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
SmellsLikeNostalgia wrote:
Would it be possible to have a separate "let's all talk about our homelands and whether or not hot ladies reside there thread"? Just wondering.

You win. Funniest comment in a month. Thank you.


Maybe Mere could start it because he clearly does have a wife/gf and yet needs to litter nearly every post he makes with boring, and quite frankly weird, lascivious comments about women.


He's latino, we are like that (most of us anyway) :D.

On topic:
I was bored and made this. Hope you like it (and it doesn't get made at all):
Image

_________________
Never give you up
Never gonna let you down


English not very good. Forgive me.

http://www.ghondar.blogspot.com
Because people on the internet think that I'm somewhat funny.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:02 am 
Offline
Thermodynamic Miracle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:29 am
Posts: 219
Location: manchester uk
just to clarify most of the girls in engalnd arent ugly some scallies, chavs, whatever yur local slang is seem to enjoy making themselves ugly with tooth piercings ridiculously tightly tied back hair etc. in true vicky pollard style but certainly in most of the places ive lived there have been lots of hot girls this isnt to say there arent ugly girls just that its certainly not the majority. if your going to make generalisations like that you might as well say all americans are fat (this isnt what i think btw. although certainly 63% are overweight and 31%clinically obese) its just another example of a ridiculous stereotyping there we go rant over i can get back to my life now

_________________
"Never set up a company selling posters and diet books and toy soldiers based on himself. Never became a prostitute"
Image
Hurm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Females
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:41 am 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
Why does every thread degrade into a critique of a specific region's female offerings. Seriously guys, who cares? Whatever country you're from you have beautiful women, they're so hot...can we move on now?

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:02 am 
Offline
Close to locating a gluino.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 836
Location: Dublin, Ireland
hank_chinaski wrote:
first of all.....the women in England are mostly a bunch of mingers, there are fit women there though. look at elizabeth hurley, shes fuckin hot. i guess England saves all their good looks and rations it to select women, while the rest are forced back to slavania. (ali g INDAHOUSE!!! WOOO!!!)

and as long as were making sweeping generalizations...your in IRELAND!!! you should hate all the wankers in england. unless your not in northern ireland....you guys still have that plastic bill currency?


well i'm a northern english guy in ireland with and irish girlfriend... liverpool/manchester upbringing with irish background. i hate all southerners unconditionally though :P from the cockneys to the royals to the hugh grants...

northerners are amazing people... i wouldn't rather be from anywhere else in the world.

when people are about to give me shit here about being english... i remind them where i'm from and they go "oh... you're ok then!" or "liverpool is the capital of ireland" - the 2nd one sounds unbelieveable, but i get it twice a week at least.

i better not go in to northern history, as it is a real geeky passion of mine.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:56 pm 
Offline
Thermodynamic Miracle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:29 am
Posts: 219
Location: manchester uk
yes mate north of england all the way damn southern jessies ruining the countrys image (lol)

_________________
"Never set up a company selling posters and diet books and toy soldiers based on himself. Never became a prostitute"
Image
Hurm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:05 pm 
Offline
Thermodynamic Miracle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:56 pm
Posts: 202
Location: eastern Canada
DoomsdayClock wrote:
Why does every thread degrade into a critique of a specific region's female offerings.



I concur! Ladies of WatchmenComicMovie.com, let's talk about specific region's male... offerings!

:twisted:

:shock:

Sorry DD. Obviously my oestrogen overtook me there for a moment.


:oops:

_________________
Usually I try to take it one day at a time, but lately several have attacked me at once...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:19 am 
Offline
Close to locating a gluino.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 836
Location: Dublin, Ireland
JDsgirlBev wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
Why does every thread degrade into a critique of a specific region's female offerings.



I concur! Ladies of WatchmenComicMovie.com, let's talk about specific region's male... offerings!

:twisted:

:shock:

Sorry DD. Obviously my oestrogen overtook me there for a moment.


:oops:


yes... LEARN YOUR PLACE!!!



wow... i really made myself laugh.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:22 am 
Offline
Gazing into the abyss.

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 1563
You want good looking girls?

Come to argentina. Mere Being will agree with me.

_________________
Never give you up
Never gonna let you down


English not very good. Forgive me.

http://www.ghondar.blogspot.com
Because people on the internet think that I'm somewhat funny.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:17 am 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
I'm from Mexico and people bitch so much about us illegally immigrating to the United States that they forget that we have some of the most beautiful women in the world (despite what some random italian singer singer once said)

Despite that, I haven't had a girlfriend. I'm not worried, though, I'm only eighteen years old and I've liked tons of girls over the years, but what can I say? I haven't been lucky in that aspect, although I will say that my "try outs" have given me many female friends over the years.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Females
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:02 pm 
Offline
Silk Swinger of Suburbia
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:10 am
Posts: 1789
hank_chinaski wrote:
iancontinence wrote:
running wrote:
Mere Being wrote:
oh and btw..are there really lots of beautiful women there? :oops: :mrgreen:


well, they say so ... I would say it's the same as in any country in the world ... oh well, no, girls from England are really ugly, but besides this, it's the same in all over the world :)


wow... nothing like a stupid, unfounded, sweeping generalisation to distract you from the point at hand! where the fuck did that come from? i hear "keeping up appearances" if one of the bbc's most popular foreign exports... any connection?

isn't there a thread where people were coming up with ideas how the story could carry on? i.e. hasn't this already been discussed in some detail?

i seem to remember a couple of prequel ideas... or did i dream this whole thing?




first of all.....the women in England are mostly a bunch of mingers, there are fit women there though. look at elizabeth hurley, shes fuckin hot. i guess England saves all their good looks and rations it to select women, while the rest are forced back to slavania. (ali g INDAHOUSE!!! WOOO!!!)

and as long as were making sweeping generalizations...your in IRELAND!!! you should hate all the wankers in england. unless your not in northern ireland....you guys still have that plastic bill currency?


as far as I'm concerned, irish women ARE actually pretty.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:06 pm 
Offline
Silk Swinger of Suburbia
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:10 am
Posts: 1789
Ghondar wrote:
You want good looking girls?

Come to argentina. Mere Being will agree with me.



hurm...should I? I mean, this is not about the old Argentina x Brazil rivalry, but...Antonio Banderas and a colleague of mine went to Argentina and said just the same thing: 'women in argentina are either extremely beautiful or extremely ugly, no middle'.

i could tell that from Valeria Mazza and Gabriela Sabatini, though...well, they say she's lesbian, and they're the only 100% argentine girls I know...from media, of course.

TheMovieDude wrote:
I'm from Mexico and people bitch so much about us illegally immigrating to the United States that they forget that we have some of the most beautiful women in the world (despite what some random italian singer singer once said)

Despite that, I haven't had a girlfriend. I'm not worried, though, I'm only eighteen years old and I've liked tons of girls over the years, but what can I say? I haven't been lucky in that aspect, although I will say that my "try outs" have given me many female friends over the years.



Ana Claudia Talancon?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:30 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
She is a great example. Although, Ana de la Reguera is closer to my taste.
I was going to work in "El Traspatio" as a PA or something, but I got too busy with school, so that wasn't possible and I would have gotten to meet her, for shame.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3448 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 173  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.104s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]