WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:40 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

feliciano182 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
So now it's that "most deffinitely he will turn out to be a fraud"?

Alright, kill me then :lol:

But it still doesn't change the fact that there is nothing about Obama that will make him worthy of anyone's admiration, nor of anyone's approval.

It can't be that he has the most diverse background of any of the presidents? He's half white, half-black, he grew up in Asia when he was really little, he actually WORKED HARD to become successful. The fact that he is actually intelligent. Compare that to Palin. It's crazy how a person like her almost became vice-president. And she may have actually become president if McCain were to die in office.

No, compared to his competitors, he had a lot going for him to make him worthy of admiration.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:30 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

InfinityQuantum wrote:
It can't be that he has the most diverse background of any of the presidents? He's half white, half-black, he grew up in Asia when he was really little, he actually WORKED HARD to become successful. The fact that he is actually intelligent. Compare that to Palin. It's crazy how a person like her almost became vice-president. And she may have actually become president if McCain were to die in office.

It's weird that John McCain wouldn't say that he would endorse Palin to run for President in 2012. I mean he picked her for would be vice-president. Of course, the only reason he did that was to have a gimmick by having this unknown woman governor as his running mate to try to influence voters in his favor and it completely blew up in his face. I lost what respect I had of him when he did that because that pretty much means that he put his own winning ahead of the welfare of the country.

(Rant Over)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:45 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

Godziller66 wrote:
To do that wouldn't he kind of need to cite examples from the previous administration?

He wouldn't need to make half of his campaign about Bush, at least not if he had presented a coherent agenda.

InfinityQuantum wrote:

Believe me man, i seriously mean no offense.

But why should you give a shit about that ? you had to pick an individual that was capable enough to occupy the most important position in the country and you considered as something important that he was half-black and that he lived in Asia among many things ? how does that make him capable of taking charge of an entire nation ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:32 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Sorry, just had a long night...

I will admit however, Obama's whole campaign was based around Obama v.s Bush. Yeah it was a political gimmick. But then again most campaigns are based around one. I'm still not going to let him off on that one.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:37 am 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Every politician ever has based their campaign around what the previous administration did. In order to bring change, you kind of have to mention what it is you're changing, which are often policies of the previous administration.

I think you're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:46 am 

BlackDoomShadow wrote:
Every politician ever has based their campaign around what the previous administration did. In order to bring change, you kind of have to mention what it is you're changing, which are often policies of the previous administration.

Not really, it wasn't the only bad thing i mentioned about him, what about his agenda ? it didn't made sense before, and neither is it making any now, he says he wants to support diplomatic relationships with many countries that are considered as threats, yet he himself said once that if Pakistan did not cooperate on the "War On Terror" (take notice, a term made up by Bush's administration) he would bomb the mountains in which many extremist groups were supposedly hiding.

Or what about his plans for the economy? i seriously did not like McCain as a candidate, but he knocked down Obama's solution for the recession, he told him, on the presidential debate, that Obama's plan would simply be to spend more money, billions of dollars, to which Obama had no response at all, and once again as the talented politician he is, tried to appeal to the sentimental value of "the cost of war", something that had nothing to do with the issue at hand. Certainly McCain had no solution at all to the economy, but that doesn't make Obama's plan any more acceptable.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:36 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

feliciano182 wrote:
BlackDoomShadow wrote:

Not really, it wasn't the only bad thing i mentioned about him, what about his agenda ? it didn't made sense before, and neither is it making any now, he says he wants to support diplomatic relationships with many countries that are considered as threats, yet he himself said once that if Pakistan did not cooperate on the "War On Terror" (take notice, a term made up by Bush's administration) he would bomb the mountains in which many extremist groups were supposedly hiding.

Or what about his plans for the economy? i seriously did not like McCain as a candidate, but he knocked down Obama's solution for the recession, he told him, on the presidential debate, that Obama's plan would simply be to spend more money, billions of dollars, to which Obama had no response at all, and once again as the talented politician he is, tried to appeal to the sentimental value of "the cost of war", something that had nothing to do with the issue at hand. Certainly McCain had no solution at all to the economy, but that doesn't make Obama's plan any more acceptable.

Okay first of all that kind of would make Obama's plan better. Plan > No plan, in my opinion.

But News Flash: You have to pump money into the economy to get it working.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:49 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

^ This.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:16 pm 

Godziller66 wrote:
But News Flash: You have to pump money into the economy to get it working.

But THAT much money ? and why couldn't he support his statement when McCain asked him ? nobody here can say that Obama is not good with words :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:19 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

feliciano182 wrote:
But THAT much money ? and why couldn't he support his statement when McCain asked him ? nobody here can say that Obama is not good with words :lol:

Could you perhaps link to a video of this epic, massive blunder Obama made when debating so we have a little more to go off of than your recollection of events?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:21 pm 

BlackDoomShadow wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:

Could you perhaps link to a video of this epic, massive blunder Obama made when debating so we have a little more to go off of than your recollection of events?

Well, i feel like shit.

I thought i saw the thing on the first McCain/Obama debate, guess my recollection wasn't as spotless as i thought, from this video i can only say that McCain negatively accussed Obama several times about his economical plan, but Obama never fully gave a response as to why his plan was better than cutting spending, in any case, neither did McCain gave solid support to his plan.

Here is the video in any case http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-nNIEduEOw

Even though i'm not impressed by Obama in any of the subjects, i can't say the same about McCain.