1. DO NOT POST A NEW THREAD until you have used the search feature on the top right to see if a thread exists, otherwise, your thread will be merged with an older, existing thread which covers the same topic.
2. THREAD NAMES need to be descriptive. Names like "A question..." or "I had an idea," etc. will be changed to cover the topic question or idea discussed in your thread. Try to avoid cute, pun-like names as well unless it's very obvious from the gag what the thread is about. (i.e. "Jar Jar Nixon").
3. STUPID THREADS will be deleted. How will you know if they're stupid? Just think for a minute if the thread topic will actually garner any real discussion or insight, or if the information your sharing is actually enlightening in some manner. If it isn't, don't post it.
4. DO NOT ADVERTISE any site, or any product in an existing thread, or by creating a new thread. If that ad is your first post you will get an immediate ban as we will assume you are just here to SPAM and not participate. If you're an existing forum member who has actively participated for several posts, you will be warned. SPAM posts and threads will be deleted.
5. DO NOT BE DISGUSTING in your posts. We're all adults, so feel free to be snarky and/or swear all you like, but know the limits. Degrading someone's race, religion or gender is NOT ALLOWED under any circumstance. Harassment of any kind, be it sexual or otherwise will not be tolerated. The offensive posts will be deleted, and the offending member will be warned and/or banned.
6. DO NOT FLAME any members because they tend to be harsh in their words or a bit heavy-handed in the way they post. Be the bigger person. You may not behave that way on forums, but some people do. Such is life. So much more can be accomplished by a well-written and intelligent counter-post that puts them in their place without resorting to ad hominem attacks or insults. Try it. Or, if their posts are violating one of these rules, report them to a moderator and we will handle it.
7. NO VIGILANTE MODERATORS. Yes, we have our own Keene Act here. Leave the moderating to the moderators. They are myself (DoomsdayClock) and Curiosity Inc. Don't announce that threads should be locked or members be banned. Have an issue? Use the report feature or PM a moderator.
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin