WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 804 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:30 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfiwR1Ermlo

Also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJtVWjI ... ata_player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:24 am 
Tired of Earth.

Someone please make this movie.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:19 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Curiosity Inc. wrote:

But how can you have a horror movie where characters are making rational decisions? A woman walks home to find her door is ajar. In any other horror movie she still walks in to investigate. If it were played realistically, she'd leave her apartment and call the superintendent or the police. Or as another example that this video suggests, instead of staying at the spooky cabin in the woods, the characters decide to go to the beach. So, where's the movie? I think this video proves you need to have characters making rash decisions so that you can create suspense. A movie where character constantly avoid danger and point out the obvious potential danger of a situation would become tedious very quickly, even if it's a satire. Plus, I feel like movies like Scream and Scary Movie sort of treading along those lines anyway.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:23 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

t3cii wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:

But how can you have a horror movie where characters are making rational decisions? A woman walks home to find her door is ajar. In any other horror movie she still walks in to investigate. If it were played realistically, she'd leave her apartment and call the superintendent or the police. Or as another example that this video suggests, instead of staying at the spooky cabin in the woods, the characters decide to go to the beach. So, where's the movie? I think this video proves you need to have characters making rash decisions so that you can create suspense. A movie where character constantly avoid danger and point out the obvious potential danger of a situation would become tedious very quickly, even if it's a satire. Plus, I feel like movies like Scream and Scary Movie sort of treading along those lines anyway.

Exactly, I think this kind of thing was played out perfectly in Cabin in the Woods, I think making essentially the opposite movie of Cabin in the Woods would fall flat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 804 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41