WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 239, 240, 241, 242, 243  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Talk
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:53 am 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

WJK wrote:

Psh. 's all a joke. It's all a fucking joke.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:16 pm 

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/a-pair-o ... tv-series/

How the FUCK did I NOT know about this?

Edit:
The first episode (as I'm watching) has...
Michael Jai White
Darren Shahlavi
and Matt Mullins...

:) I hope someone besides me gets this.

Edit:

Seen the whole first season. It's a shame it's only slated for two seasons.
The production values, originality, and uniqueness could probably let a show like this go strong for years.
It's really awesome. Much like the magazine, this show has something unique each episode. I love it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:51 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

So.............. I can check getting a stripper's phone number off my bucket list... not that it was on my bucket list.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:38 pm 
Tired of Earth.

...Dude.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15 pm 

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
...Dude.

Oh yeah, I know it's more likely than not a fake number. I'm not going to call her or anything, but she did a big elaborate "put it in her hand and shake my hand as I was leaving thing, so I thought I'd pass on the info.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:23 pm 
Tired of Earth.

If you're not going to use it, hand the number to someone who will and let us know how that works out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:28 pm 

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
If you're not going to use it, hand the number to someone who will and let us know how that works out.

I might send her a text or something, I don't know though... she was really annoying.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:45 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I'm more worried that you're right and the number is fake. Like I said: If you're not interested in her, hand the number over to someone who might be.

Best case scenario, the number is real and the other guy has a chance at getting lucky. Worst case scenario, the number is fake and some other guy gets whatever happens. Either way, it should be entertaining.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:01 am 

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I'm more worried that you're right and the number is fake. Like I said: If you're not interested in her, hand the number over to someone who might be.

Best case scenario, the number is real and the other guy has a chance at getting lucky. Worst case scenario, the number is fake and some other guy gets whatever happens. Either way, it should be entertaining.

I don't know, I'll think about it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:32 pm 

Fuck off Steve. Think of Peggy goddamit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:30 am 
Tired of Earth.

^It took me a while to get that joke, I must confess.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:11 am 

So, my mom is moving our family to the east coast.
I must confess, in a way I'm excited because I'll actually be really close to new york, and able to meet some of you.
But on the other hand, I feel like we're moving to a place we don't actually wanna be... for the stupidest reason.
My grandmother is dying.
Now... lets think this through. None of us like Pennsylvania. None of us would want to live there.
So, moving us there permanently because a family member is dying... is illogical.
Once they do die, we're stuck.
None of us are particularly keen on Nebraska, so we wouldn't move back either.
My mom has been whining about moving out there for this SOLE reason for years.
We finally got some money,a decent lump sum, from the government, technical shit, but enough to finance a move.
And that's immediately what my mom thinks about. I understand. But why not take an extended vacation out there?
Why haven't they given that serious thought? Because my mom doesn't wanna be out there without my dad.
And he's sick of her whining and shit about it, so he does what? Gives two weeks notice at his job, and starts prepping our move.
This is lame. It's retarded, and I hate my extended family. I shouldn't say hate...
I don't hate them. But I hate the puerto rican culture. I'm a white kid by culture. Nebraska, born and raised.
I don't want to be shuffled into the ghetto like the last time I was in philly. This... is dreadful.
And nobody is thinking it out. Everyone is flying off the handle. And I'm sitting back, watching them yank up all the roots.
Ugh. I'm supposed to be gone at the end of the month.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:02 am 
Tired of Earth.

Omaha was always too small a town for you, man. If I was you, I'd look at getting a job over in Philly and finding some roommates who would help you pay rent in a place of your own. That way, when grandma dies (sorry to hear about that, by the way) and your parents realize how stupidly they've been acting all this time, you've got an escape route. If they're so careless about their own roots and their own support base, build one of your own.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:25 am 
Tired of Earth.

NiteOwl wrote:
I must confess, in a way I'm excited because I'll actually be really close to new york, and able to meet some of you.
But on the other hand, I feel like we're moving to a place we don't actually wanna be... for the stupidest reason.
My grandmother is dying.
Now... lets think this through. None of us like Pennsylvania. None of us would want to live there.
So, moving us there permanently because a family member is dying... is illogical.
We finally got some money,a decent lump sum, from the government, technical shit, but enough to finance a move.
And that's immediately what my mom thinks about. I understand. But why not take an extended vacation out there?
Why haven't they given that serious thought? Because my mom doesn't wanna be out there without my dad.
And he's sick of her whining and shit about it, so he does what? Gives two weeks notice at his job, and starts prepping our move.
This is lame. It's retarded, and I hate my extended family. I shouldn't say hate...
I don't hate them. But I hate the puerto rican culture. I'm a white kid by culture. Nebraska, born and raised.
I don't want to be shuffled into the ghetto like the last time I was in philly. This... is dreadful.
And nobody is thinking it out. Everyone is flying off the handle. And I'm sitting back, watching them yank up all the roots.

i'm only about 2-2.5 hrs from philly and will have my license soon, we can totally chill when you get out here.

i also have a ton of family in the pennsylvania/jersey/new york area.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:11 am 

WJK wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
My grandmother is dying.

i'm only about 2-2.5 hrs from philly and will have my license soon, we can totally chill when you get out here.

i also have a ton of family in the pennsylvania/jersey/new york area.

Sounds like a plan bro. I'll be out there in maybe a month.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:21 pm 

I argued with myself last night whether or not actresses playing certain roles (i.e. Powergirl... Black Cat... etc) should be required to fill the outfit. So to speak.
On one hand, I thought, well that shouldn't be an issue. They should be cast for their acting abilities and personality.
And on the other hand, can you imagine a flat chested powergirl?
Then back to the other hand, characters should be flexible to fit the needs of the moment.
And on the other hand... you wouldn't cast a short black chick as Jean Grey.
There are boundries. How do we know which ones are too superficial and which ones aren't?
Are boobs any less important than the race of a character?
You might say well, race affects society's perception of you.
AND BIG BOOBS DON'T?
Alot of these characters were designed as sex symbols.
At what point does that become irrelevant to their character?
Regale me with the tale of how black cat is such a deep and complex character to play.
At what point do we just give up casting people in roles who look like their fictional counterparts?
And should we at all?
ON THE OTHER HAND- my self argument ended rather quickly.
Too many boobs and stuff.
Couldn't remain objective.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:56 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I still can't believe what I just found on my Twitter feed.

For those who don't know the story, Best Worst Movie is a documentary made about the film and the fandom of Troll 2. It was directed by Michael Stephenson, who also starred in Troll 2 back when he was a kid.

So I reviewed Troll 2 as part of my birthday project a couple months ago, then I reviewed Best Worst Movie last Wednesday. And now I find that on Twitter, Michael Stephenson his own goddamned self has favorited my review of Best Worst Movie.

My review has been read and approved by the director of the film I wrote about.

OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWD!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:27 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I still can't believe what I just found on my Twitter feed.

For those who don't know the story, Best Worst Movie is a documentary made about the film and the fandom of Troll 2. It was directed by Michael Stephenson, who also starred in Troll 2 back when he was a kid.

So I reviewed Troll 2 as part of my birthday project a couple months ago, then I reviewed Best Worst Movie last Wednesday. And now I find that on Twitter, Michael Stephenson his own goddamned self has favorited my review of Best Worst Movie.

My review has been read and approved by the director of the film I wrote about.

OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWD!!!

*high five* Hell yeah. That documentary deserves to be as watched as Troll 2 itself. It's cool that you can help get the word out and that the creator of such a cool thing would look upon it so kindly.

If only Claudio what's his face (the director of Troll 2) could do the same with Best Worst Movie. Of course, I'm fairly certain he's insane.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:00 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

NiteOwl wrote:
I argued with myself last night whether or not actresses playing certain roles (i.e. Powergirl... Black Cat... etc) should be required to fill the outfit. So to speak.
On one hand, I thought, well that shouldn't be an issue. They should be cast for their acting abilities and personality.
Then back to the other hand, characters should be flexible to fit the needs of the moment.
There are boundries. How do we know which ones are too superficial and which ones aren't?
AND BIG BOOBS DON'T?
Regale me with the tale of how black cat is such a deep and complex character to play.
At what point do we just give up casting people in roles who look like their fictional counterparts?
And should we at all?

A flat chested Powergirl is Supergirl, pretty much, they are both the same character from different universes and at different ages, but the general prescription is that Supergirl has smaller boobs.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:09 am 

NiteOwl wrote:
AND BIG BOOBS DON'T?
And should we at all?

A flat chested Powergirl is Supergirl, pretty much, they are both the same character from different universes and at different ages, but the general prescription is that Supergirl has smaller boobs.

haha yeah. I just tried to imagine the upheaval in the fan world if a flat chested chick got casted as Powergirl.
Like her boobs are such an important criteria. lol. I dunno.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 239, 240, 241, 242, 243  Next