WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:12 am 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
KFC is fine but around here, it's just too greasy for my taste. Popeye's is just better as far as I go.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:14 am 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Two Meatballs my Dad was gonna eat-8.5/10

And now to leave a note inside the container rather than throwing it out so he doesn't think he's going nuts.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:10 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
Godziller66 wrote:
Two Meatballs my Dad was gonna eat-8.5/10

And now to leave a note inside the container rather than throwing it out so he doesn't think he's going nuts.


won't he be pissed? you ate his 8.5/10 meatballs man! I'd be pissed.

I had honey-nut cornflakes for breakfast, cornflakes are a tough cereal to get right, they need to absorb some milk, but not so much they get mushy, it's a science, and I think I have nailed it.

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:25 am 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
AvatarIII wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Two Meatballs my Dad was gonna eat-8.5/10

And now to leave a note inside the container rather than throwing it out so he doesn't think he's going nuts.


won't he be pissed? you ate his 8.5/10 meatballs man! I'd be pissed.

Eh, he buys tons and tons all the time due to him being a spaghetti fanatic so he was probably going to buy more really soon anyway.

AvatarIII wrote:
I had honey-nut cornflakes for breakfast, cornflakes are a tough cereal to get right, they need to absorb some milk, but not so much they get mushy, it's a science, and I think I have nailed it.

That reminds me, I also had Cocoa Puffs.

YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:32 am 
Offline
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:29 am
Posts: 4978
Godziller66 wrote:
AvatarIII wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Two Meatballs my Dad was gonna eat-8.5/10

And now to leave a note inside the container rather than throwing it out so he doesn't think he's going nuts.


won't he be pissed? you ate his 8.5/10 meatballs man! I'd be pissed.

Eh, he buys tons and tons all the time due to him being a spaghetti fanatic so he was probably going to buy more really soon anyway.


Store-bought meatballs, ew

_________________
Say, Doc, did I ever tell you I'm the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:43 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
Godziller66 wrote:
AvatarIII wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Two Meatballs my Dad was gonna eat-8.5/10

And now to leave a note inside the container rather than throwing it out so he doesn't think he's going nuts.


won't he be pissed? you ate his 8.5/10 meatballs man! I'd be pissed.

Eh, he buys tons and tons all the time due to him being a spaghetti fanatic so he was probably going to buy more really soon anyway.


I prefer bolognase with spaghetti to meatballs, you get a better and more consistent meat:sauce:pasta ratio in every mouthful.

Godziller66 wrote:
AvatarIII wrote:
I had honey-nut cornflakes for breakfast, cornflakes are a tough cereal to get right, they need to absorb some milk, but not so much they get mushy, it's a science, and I think I have nailed it.

That reminds me, I also had Cocoa Puffs.

YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH


I used to eat coco puffs all the time, but I am kind of sick of chocolate cereal these days, I nearly always go for a honey/nut type now,

apart from chocolate shreddies, there's always room for chocolate shreddies.

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:09 am 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
TheMovieDude wrote:
KFC is fine but around here, it's just too greasy for my taste. Popeye's is just better as far as I go.


Dude, Popeye's is waaaay greasier than KFC. Although maybe it's different where you are.

Quick question for you, but is Coke sweater in Mexico? I've often heard that it is sweater than what's found in North America.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:23 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
^ You mean SWEETER ?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:32 am 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
feliciano182 wrote:
^ You mean SWEETER ?


:lol: Yes! I don't know why I said "sweater". I seem to be doing that a lot lately, misspelling words.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:11 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
Yeah, I'd say that mexican Coca-cola and Pepsi as well are sweeter than their american counterparts. I prefer them that way.

And it might be a regional difference that Popeye's is not so greasy for me as KFC.

Anyway,
Beef tacos in corn tortilla with peppers and onions-9/10.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:10 pm 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
Image

Had some of this today. Totally not worth it. I have come to the conclusion that this particular KFC I go to has really low standards. The chicken always tastes over done, and barely has any meat on it. I think what they do is, rather than cook the meat fresh and potentially face losing customers who don't want to wait for it to cook, they cook it all in the morning, and leave it under the lamp. And if the lamp doesn't keep it warm, they heat it up in an oven, where it dries out. I also bet they use cheaper ingredients, poor quality chicken. It's amazing the difference in quality you can get from one location to another. It's like night and day. I think I've learned my lesson.

I'm Peter Griffin.

Image

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:25 pm 
Offline
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:29 am
Posts: 4978
t3cii wrote:
Image

Had some of this today. Totally not worth it. I have come to the conclusion that this particular KFC I go to has really low standards. The chicken always tastes over done, and barely has any meat on it. I think what they do is, rather than cook the meat fresh and potentially face losing customers who don't want to wait for it to cook, they cook it all in the morning, and leave it under the lamp. And if the lamp doesn't keep it warm, they heat it up in an oven, where it dries out. I also bet they use cheaper ingredients, poor quality chicken. It's amazing the difference in quality you can get from one location to another. It's like night and day. I think I've learned my lesson.


At the one where I work, we have to cook a new batch every hour and a half

_________________
Say, Doc, did I ever tell you I'm the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:58 pm 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
So if you haven't sold all the chicken by the next batch does it just get thrown out? I can appreciate that this particular KFC might not attract many customers, and so looking at it from a money angel, it makes more sense to them that they aren't constantly cooking chicken. But there is a definite difference between chicken that has just been cooked, and chicken that has been left under a lamp for an hour. It's also true of fries. McDonald's will sometimes not cook another batch if there are still fries left over from the morning, and that's usually long enough for the fries to taste bad.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:12 am 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 8131
Location: 1060 W. Addison St.
t3cii wrote:
money angel


boy i wish i had one of those


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:14 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
t3cii wrote:
So if you haven't sold all the chicken by the next batch does it just get thrown out? I can appreciate that this particular KFC might not attract many customers, and so looking at it from a money angel, it makes more sense to them that they aren't constantly cooking chicken. But there is a definite difference between chicken that has just been cooked, and chicken that has been left under a lamp for an hour. It's also true of fries. McDonald's will sometimes not cook another batch if there are still fries left over from the morning, and that's usually long enough for the fries to taste bad.


Fast-food technology needed a fucking update 20 years ago.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:56 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
Last time I went to KFC I had a Burger, last time I went to McDonalds I had Chicken. :mrgreen: I'm CrAaAaAaAzY

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:59 am 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5380
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
AvatarIII wrote:
Last time I went to KFC I had a Burger, last time I went to McDonalds I had Chicken. :mrgreen: I'm CrAaAaAaAzY

Hipster

_________________
My Blog of Movie Reviews and Such
Image
I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:27 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
NiteOwl wrote:
AvatarIII wrote:
Last time I went to KFC I had a Burger, last time I went to McDonalds I had Chicken. :mrgreen: I'm CrAaAaAaAzY

Hipster


Chicken Selects with sour cream dip are my go-to thing at McDonalds these days, they are great, sometimes i get a double cheeseburger though, because they just taste cheap/awesome. And i only had a burger at KFC because of the new BBQ Rancher burger, which looked nice, and it was, but not as nice as it looked.

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:05 am 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
WJK wrote:
t3cii wrote:
money angel


boy i wish i had one of those


:x AAAGH!, why do I keep doing that?

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:14 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 8131
Location: 1060 W. Addison St.
NiteOwl wrote:
AvatarIII wrote:
Last time I went to KFC I had a Burger, last time I went to McDonalds I had Chicken. :mrgreen: I'm CrAaAaAaAzY

Hipster


In Texas, Wendy's sells hot dogs instead of chicken nuggets.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.101s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]