WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Troubles n' shit thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:45 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

In the same vein of the women thread I'm sort of giving a try to a topic like this because I'm in grave need of some goddamn "therapy" (yeah, laugh it up Smutty) and Mass Effect isn't cutting it as much as I'd like it to.

Basically the idea is to bitch and moan as much as we do (though not recently) in the women thread, but with life problems instead of chick problems.

I'll go first, obviously, this will probably be a long run, so ONLY IF you're interested in reading this, be warned:

So, I know I didn't really say it out loud even though I should've, because I hold you guys to a very high esteem (if that's the expression), but I had to move out from Venezuela to Peru, basically because Venezuela is sucking excessively, Chavez is a fucking asshole and it doesn't look like he will be leaving anytime soon, so I packed my bags and left to live with my mom and uncle, having to leave my 4 year girlfriend behind, my dad, and all my friends.

At least I got to be back with my dog, Tommy, 11 years old and not a goddamn disease on that bastard, sometimes I think that fucker is Krypto.

So, anyways, I had to leave everything behind and move into a country that I always liked, then again, a lesson for those who don't know, just because a country is really nice on vacations, it does not mean it would be a good place to live, now, Peru is much more economically solid country than Venezuela, but cultures clash, peruvians and venezuelans are VERY different kinds of people, and just recently, after six months, I've barely managed to get into a group of friends over at my university, but it wasn't particularly easy, along with that, higher education teachers here in Peru are more old-school, and somehow believe that they are entitled to more respect than the regular student, this translates into teachers being uneducated, disrespectful assholes, not willing to change undeserved grades or even taking suggestions at how much their classes ARE A FUCKING WASTE OF TIME (I'm looking at you Mr. Choque).

So, Peru, all in all, is Mary Elizabeth Winstead as far as I'm concerned, but that's really the least of my issues.

My uncle, whom I will refer to as "Smokey" (better than just "X" or "Y", also he smokes like a chinese whore) is living with us now, Uncle Smokey is a kind, gentle, conversational, humorous person, kisses babies, helps old ladies and blind people cross the street, everyone likes him.

Me ? I can't wait until he gets the fuck out of my house and disappears from the face of Earth.

Why so ? May you ask, well, a little history will be needed to understand this situation. Uncle Smokey was always a charming little fellow who always liked music, his favorite singer is Sinatra, as such, his first career motion was towards being a drummer on a jazz band, but that failed horribly, he went to college but he also failed, he found a job at a telephone company, for a while it worked, for around ten years or so it went well, until he got his ass fired, was unfaithful to his wife and got divorced, acknowledged a son that to this day he doesn't even know if it's his, lost his apartment to his brother-in-law, and then went to live with my grandparents.

Now this is the part where it all gets fun, how did my uncle lived for almost 30 years with my grandparents ?

My uncle told my grandparents that he had a mental illness, and they decided to let him live with them, for the past three decades Uncle Smokey has been an incessant source of trouble, not being able to find a job, being disrespectful to my grandparents (grandfather dead now), manipulating everyone into believing he needs help for something all the time, not doing any chores, not bringing any money home, being the cause of endless family issues.

And now we got that trouble on ourselves, my mom and me, because he got kicked out by another uncle of mine with whom Uncle Smokey was living this time, my mother took him in because Uncle Smokey had been living on the streets for a week, given how it's her goddamn brother and she took pity on him.

But she's getting desperate, he gives excuses for not doing anything, there's problems with sending him to do the dishes or to sweep the floor with a broom, always an excuse, and I'm afraid because she is very emotional and I don't want to wake up one day and find that she had a heart attack due to the stress he puts on her.

Take notice guys, I'm leaving some BIG chunks of the story out, because this is a long mess that has been going on for thirty years, so if you don't understand ANYTHING, please say so.

Also, I'm not asking for help, I would never put that burden on you guys, I'm not asking for anything, but if you willingly take interest in this, I would appreciate any opinion, good or bad, I think it would do me good to talk this out..................even if there is no real talking involved.

Whatever happens with this "experimental thread" I would still be willing to help you guys out if you also have ANY sort of problems and you just need another fellow geek to figure them out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:51 pm 
Tired of Earth.

All I can say is:

Damn. Feel free to message me on facebook if you need to vent man.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:37 pm 

WJK wrote:
All I can say is:

Damn. Feel free to message me on facebook if you need to vent man.

Greatly appreciated good sir, same case if it was you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:14 am 
Tired of Earth.

First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your displacement troubles. Luckily, the problems you list are short-term. You can make new friends and you can find another school to go to.

You really do have my condolences on all these problems your family is having. Luckily, I happen to have some experience in having black sheep family members. I find that all it really takes is someone with the integrity to say "You're family and I love you, but you've got to start pulling your own weight or GTFO." If that isn't going to be your relatives, it could be you. With luck, maybe you could find work and afford your own place where Smokey isn't allowed.

I know nothing about Peru, so I deeply apologize if I'm off-base about any of this. I can only comment on this from an American point of view, though I'd gladly be enlightened as to what the culture is like over there. In any case, you have my sympathies and my well-wishes. Hopefully, things will get better with time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:51 am 

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your displacement troubles. Luckily, the problems you list are short-term. You can make new friends and you can find another school to go to.

Thank you man, so far I've met a few chicks in my class, along with another dude, they've been really nice, I went to have lunch with them last Monday, we had a good time but I had a few "bumps on the road" while talking to them, as I said, cultures clash.

Take this example, in Venezuela there's really no curse word that can be considered bad enough for people to reprimand you on being offensive, people are less concerned about the misuse of language, for example, the word "pendejo" is used as "silly man" in Venezuela.

Now, if you say "pendejo" to some guy in Peru, you might have been more polite to him if you just stabbed his mother in the eye.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
You really do have my condolences on all these problems your family is having. Luckily, I happen to have some experience in having black sheep family members. I find that all it really takes is someone with the integrity to say "You're family and I love you, but you've got to start pulling your own weight or GTFO." If that isn't going to be your relatives, it could be you. With luck, maybe you could find work and afford your own place where Smokey isn't allowed.

We've tried talking to him, tons of times, he listens, but he never acts on it, it is true though that for my own well-being I should just move out in the future, though I'm concerned as to what I should do about my mom, I don't want to leave her alone with Smokey.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I know nothing about Peru, so I deeply apologize if I'm off-base about any of this. I can only comment on this from an American point of view, though I'd gladly be enlightened as to what the culture is like over there. In any case, you have my sympathies and my well-wishes. Hopefully, things will get better with time.

Again, thanks man, no apologies are needed, as I said, Peru is a great country, cold as the most evil of winters, but it's a good place to live, it's just that the people in positions of power, as well as the high education teachers, are far more conservative than the ones I'm accostumed to, other than that it's a good place to live.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:58 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Damn, Feli, sounds like a tricky road.

Always difficult to study and get ahead when there's stuff like this going on at home.

My only advice is to be as honourable as possible. Step up when you need to and bite your tongue when you can. But always keep looking out for a good solution for yourself and your Mom (like, approaching bus/Smokey standing on the curb...)

Best wishes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:17 am 

Mister Pain wrote:
Damn, Feli, sounds like a tricky road.

Always difficult to study and get ahead when there's stuff like this going on at home.

My only advice is to be as honourable as possible. Step up when you need to and bite your tongue when you can. But always keep looking out for a good solution for yourself and your Mom (like, approaching bus/Smokey standing on the curb...)

Best wishes.

Thanks man.

Though I think I've fucked up the honourable part since I told him to go fuck himself this afternoon.

Not for no reason I must say, but perhaps discretion would've been the better choice here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:04 pm 

We're all here for ya.

It does seem like something that you just need to stick out for a while, and eventually shit will get better. It's no fun having family issues while you're trying to worry about your own thing, especially studies.

And I'm all for a bitching and moaning thread. We all love to vent once in a while.

I've been fairly depressed for a while now. I have some good times here and there, but ultimately I feel shitty. I'm doing well enough in school, going to concerts every now and then, hanging out with friends, etc. But I've been feeling very empty, like everything I do and don't do is meaningless. Everything feels kind of hollow :P

Anyway, it'll pass I'm sure. Sorry I can't explain it very well, but that's the main problem. I don't really know what's up :-/

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:27 pm 

diego1235467 wrote:
We're all here for ya.

It does seem like something that you just need to stick out for a while, and eventually shit will get better. It's no fun having family issues while you're trying to worry about your own thing, especially studies.

Thanks man !

For those interested, my mom got fed up, she's going to bring Smokey to a private psychiatrist and find out what's wrong with him, and later probably to a retirement house, enough's enough.

diego1235467 wrote:
I've been fairly depressed for a while now. I have some good times here and there, but ultimately I feel shitty. I'm doing well enough in school, going to concerts every now and then, hanging out with friends, etc. But I've been feeling very empty, like everything I do and don't do is meaningless. Everything feels kind of hollow :P

Anyway, it'll pass I'm sure. Sorry I can't explain it very well, but that's the main problem. I don't really know what's up :-/

Are you sure this doesn't have anything to do with how that "threesome problem" you were having in your apartment turned out ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:40 pm 

Oh, fuck no, dude. That was ages ago. To be honest, I haven't even thought about it.
I'll update more clearly soon enough, but right now I'm kinda lazy to do it.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:48 pm 

diego1235467 wrote:
Oh, fuck no, dude. That was ages ago. To be honest, I haven't even thought about it.
I'll update more clearly soon enough, but right now I'm kinda lazy to do it.

Good to know then, I never saw a........good ending to that shit, it's still great you managed to overcome it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:30 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

feliciano182 wrote:
In the same vein of the women thread I'm sort of giving a try to a topic like this because I'm in grave need of some goddamn "therapy" (yeah, laugh it up Smutty) and Mass Effect isn't cutting it as much as I'd like it to.

Basically the idea is to bitch and moan as much as we do (though not recently) in the women thread, but with life problems instead of chick problems.

I'll go first, obviously, this will probably be a long run, so ONLY IF you're interested in reading this, be warned:

So, I know I didn't really say it out loud even though I should've, because I hold you guys to a very high esteem (if that's the expression), but I had to move out from Venezuela to Peru, basically because Venezuela is sucking excessively, Chavez is a fucking asshole and it doesn't look like he will be leaving anytime soon, so I packed my bags and left to live with my mom and uncle, having to leave my 4 year girlfriend behind, my dad, and all my friends.

At least I got to be back with my dog, Tommy, 11 years old and not a goddamn disease on that bastard, sometimes I think that fucker is Krypto.

So, anyways, I had to leave everything behind and move into a country that I always liked, then again, a lesson for those who don't know, just because a country is really nice on vacations, it does not mean it would be a good place to live, now, Peru is much more economically solid country than Venezuela, but cultures clash, peruvians and venezuelans are VERY different kinds of people, and just recently, after six months, I've barely managed to get into a group of friends over at my university, but it wasn't particularly easy, along with that, higher education teachers here in Peru are more old-school, and somehow believe that they are entitled to more respect than the regular student, this translates into teachers being uneducated, disrespectful assholes, not willing to change undeserved grades or even taking suggestions at how much their classes ARE A FUCKING WASTE OF TIME (I'm looking at you Mr. Choque).

So, Peru, all in all, is Mary Elizabeth Winstead as far as I'm concerned, but that's really the least of my issues.

My uncle, whom I will refer to as "Smokey" (better than just "X" or "Y", also he smokes like a chinese whore) is living with us now, Uncle Smokey is a kind, gentle, conversational, humorous person, kisses babies, helps old ladies and blind people cross the street, everyone likes him.

Me ? I can't wait until he gets the fuck out of my house and disappears from the face of Earth.

Why so ? May you ask, well, a little history will be needed to understand this situation. Uncle Smokey was always a charming little fellow who always liked music, his favorite singer is Sinatra, as such, his first career motion was towards being a drummer on a jazz band, but that failed horribly, he went to college but he also failed, he found a job at a telephone company, for a while it worked, for around ten years or so it went well, until he got his ass fired, was unfaithful to his wife and got divorced, acknowledged a son that to this day he doesn't even know if it's his, lost his apartment to his brother-in-law, and then went to live with my grandparents.

Now this is the part where it all gets fun, how did my uncle lived for almost 30 years with my grandparents ?

My uncle told my grandparents that he had a mental illness, and they decided to let him live with them, for the past three decades Uncle Smokey has been an incessant source of trouble, not being able to find a job, being disrespectful to my grandparents (grandfather dead now), manipulating everyone into believing he needs help for something all the time, not doing any chores, not bringing any money home, being the cause of endless family issues.

And now we got that trouble on ourselves, my mom and me, because he got kicked out by another uncle of mine with whom Uncle Smokey was living this time, my mother took him in because Uncle Smokey had been living on the streets for a week, given how it's her goddamn brother and she took pity on him.

But she's getting desperate, he gives excuses for not doing anything, there's problems with sending him to do the dishes or to sweep the floor with a broom, always an excuse, and I'm afraid because she is very emotional and I don't want to wake up one day and find that she had a heart attack due to the stress he puts on her.

Take notice guys, I'm leaving some BIG chunks of the story out, because this is a long mess that has been going on for thirty years, so if you don't understand ANYTHING, please say so.

Also, I'm not asking for help, I would never put that burden on you guys, I'm not asking for anything, but if you willingly take interest in this, I would appreciate any opinion, good or bad, I think it would do me good to talk this out..................even if there is no real talking involved.

Whatever happens with this "experimental thread" I would still be willing to help you guys out if you also have ANY sort of problems and you just need another fellow geek to figure them out.

That could be a great sit-com.

But sorry to hear about your friends and your girlfriend. Are you still keeping up in touch with them?

diego1235467 wrote:

I felt like that for awhile.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:39 pm 

Godziller66 wrote:
That could be a great sit-com.

But sorry to hear about your friends and your girlfriend. Are you still keeping up in touch with them?

This reminds me of how my mom has never been able to laugh at Arrested Development, reminds her too much of our situation.

And yes, I do keep in touch with my friends and girlfriend ! The latter came and visited me about a month ago ! We had a wonderful time, now it's my turn to go back to Venezuela and visit her !

Where shall I get the money for that ? God only knows.

Godziller66 wrote:
diego1235467 wrote:

Godziller brags about having a girlfriend in 3.........2........1.......

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:58 pm 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

feliciano182 wrote:

Anyway Feli I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
Are you still keeping touch with your gf? Are you guys going to wait it out until you can see her again?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:10 pm 

Smutty wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:

Are you still keeping touch with your gf? Are you guys going to wait it out until you can see her again?

Thank you man.

Also, I am keeping in touch with my girlfriend, I think some people forgot about the time when I was giving advice to Godziller because he was in a very similar position to mine :lol: !

And wait it out ? Wait what precisely ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:13 pm 

Godziller66 wrote:
diego1235467 wrote:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:15 pm 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

feliciano182 wrote:
Smutty wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:

Thank you man.

Also, I am keeping in touch with my girlfriend, I think some people forgot about the time when I was giving advice to Godziller because he was in a very similar position to mine :lol: !

And wait it out ? Wait what precisely ?

Wait out your time together until you can see eachother again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:35 pm 

Smutty wrote:
Wait out your time together until you can see eachother again.

Oh ! Surely, we've been together for four years, so we wanna give it a chance, and that has been quite a road, first thing I thought when I got the notice I had to move to Peru was that I had to leave her, but I couldn't.

Such is love !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:08 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

diego1235467 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
diego1235467 wrote:

Just don't hurt me.

~Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:00 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Okay, so, at work my boss has been acting really weird to me. A couple of weeks ago she told me that I should begin to look into ideas on how to improve the marketing for our programs, I'm a student assistant at my University's Union and I help out with the different programs we have here, such as the movie, music and art shows although my focus has been for the most part on the movie shows but that might change as the semester gears towards its end or when the next semester starts. So going back to what I was saying, she told me that, and then yesterday during one of the shows, these two girls approached me and began to ask me questions about the program. Turns out, that for a class, my boss had gone over to them and made them do a marketing project for the Union Programs without telling me. I had to tell the girls that I would help them out, but that they probably shouldn't tell her that I was helping them out. I told them this since maybe I was being left out of the conversation on purpose and I didn't want to get them or me in trouble, basing myself on a similar experience I had when I used to work for the schoolpaper that ended up in me being fired. In retrospect, I didn't have to tell them not to tell my boss that I was helping them out. Also, she has recently been rude to me, I would ask her things and she would not respond and she would scold me for things that had absolutely nothing to do with me. I must also say that I'm ticked off that she refused to do promotion for the other movies we've had after not many people showed up to see Shaun of the Dead when that advertising method had worked before. In fact, I wasn't even told if it was taken outside of campus or not. As you can see, I'm being kept in the dark about a lot of things. I don't like that, especially because when we were at another department, they would keep us informed of everything as my role there was of a coordinator. Here I'm pretty much nothing. I guess I have to live with it but I can't say I like it, especially when the people who are one step over me aren't really doing their jobs or caring about what they're doing. I've been thinking about getting a new job but I don't know if I'm just being discontent for the sake of being discontent. I'd like to leave because if I get fired, my ego would get bruised haha and it's just an experience I don't want to repeat. But like I said, I don't know if I am just being discontent and not looking at the water that half fills the glass.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next