WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:18 pm 
Indestructible Man

TheMovieDude wrote:
Okay, so, at work my boss has been acting really weird to me. A couple of weeks ago she told me that I should begin to look into ideas on how to improve the marketing for our programs, I'm a student assistant at my University's Union and I help out with the different programs we have here, such as the movie, music and art shows although my focus has been for the most part on the movie shows but that might change as the semester gears towards its end or when the next semester starts. So going back to what I was saying, she told me that, and then yesterday during one of the shows, these two girls approached me and began to ask me questions about the program. Turns out, that for a class, my boss had gone over to them and made them do a marketing project for the Union Programs without telling me. I had to tell the girls that I would help them out, but that they probably shouldn't tell her that I was helping them out. I told them this since maybe I was being left out of the conversation on purpose and I didn't want to get them or me in trouble, basing myself on a similar experience I had when I used to work for the schoolpaper that ended up in me being fired. In retrospect, I didn't have to tell them not to tell my boss that I was helping them out. Also, she has recently been rude to me, I would ask her things and she would not respond and she would scold me for things that had absolutely nothing to do with me. I must also say that I'm ticked off that she refused to do promotion for the other movies we've had after not many people showed up to see Shaun of the Dead when that advertising method had worked before. In fact, I wasn't even told if it was taken outside of campus or not. As you can see, I'm being kept in the dark about a lot of things. I don't like that, especially because when we were at another department, they would keep us informed of everything as my role there was of a coordinator. Here I'm pretty much nothing. I guess I have to live with it but I can't say I like it, especially when the people who are one step over me aren't really doing their jobs or caring about what they're doing. I've been thinking about getting a new job but I don't know if I'm just being discontent for the sake of being discontent. I'd like to leave because if I get fired, my ego would get bruised haha and it's just an experience I don't want to repeat. But like I said, I don't know if I am just being discontent and not looking at the water that half fills the glass.

Dude, PARAGRAPHS !

Ask yourself if pride is more important than having a job you can be pleased with.

I'm a pretty "proud" person, but I can only take so much until I give up !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:12 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Feliciano-Well, that's the thing. I'm not exactly pleased with my job and that hurts my pride haha. I'm not pleased with it because I don't do anything anymore. I'm almost like a maintenance man, except I don't get a lot to do and I feel that is a waste of time that I could be spending more with school, my personal projects or hanging out. If I'm still there next semester, I think I will ask for fewer hours to see if that could make me feel better.

In other news and this is hardly a big deal, but I don't know if I should write a script or not because I feel it would be a reptition of another script I've already written. Although in 2nd thought, maybe it's the same characters when they'r e older and have a healthier relationship between them, but that would also ruin the ambiguity I want to give the ending of the "first" movie.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:39 am 
Indestructible Man

TheMovieDude wrote:
In other news and this is hardly a big deal, but I don't know if I should write a script or not because I feel it would be a reptition of another script I've already written.

Sometimes it has to be done.
Also, starting a project from scratch again often ends up better, in my experience.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:07 pm 
Indestructible Man

TheMovieDude wrote:
In other news and this is hardly a big deal, but I don't know if I should write a script or not because I feel it would be a reptition of another script I've already written. Although in 2nd thought, maybe it's the same characters when they'r e older and have a healthier relationship between them, but that would also ruin the ambiguity I want to give the ending of the "first" movie.

My recommendation ? Keep writing despite whatever similarities you may find with the other story, it may lead you into different directions and maybe you can have something different as you keep progressing.

And if not, then you're the next Wes Anderson :D !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:39 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

I'm about to get into a relationship with a chick who's most easily defined as a 'cougar' and everyone else I know is like... wigging about it. It sucks.
Only my friend Becky is semi-happy for me.
But she's so damn protective she's in cat fight mode like 24/7.

also I hate living with my parents.
they hear evvvverrrrrythiiing.
well... my mom does. My dad is practically deaf.
Which is unfortunate because nothing really bothers him, EVERYTHING bothers my mom.

Also... I made a Vin Diesel on Saints Row 2, then I dreamed he killed me cause he got stuck with a pansy ass voice.
:(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:36 pm 
Indestructible Man

NiteOwl wrote:
I'm about to get into a relationship with a chick who's most easily defined as a 'cougar' and everyone else I know is like... wigging about it. It sucks.

Which is unfortunate because nothing really bothers him, EVERYTHING bothers my mom.

Also... I made a Vin Diesel on Saints Row 2, then I dreamed he killed me cause he got stuck with a pansy ass voice.

wut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:07 pm 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

NiteOwl wrote:

A cougar? I thought they were like women in their 40s

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:10 pm 
Indestructible Man

NiteOwl wrote:

Kay.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:24 pm 
Indestructible Man

Cougars are women that are in their 40s (or at least late thirties)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:12 pm 
Indestructible Man

Cougars are also pumas.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:00 pm 
Indestructible Man

AYBGerrardo wrote:
Cougars are also pumas.

Cougars aren't shoes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:20 am 

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:

so does being 31 make her just a milf?

But even though I have a mad crush on her, theres Kara's not-girlfriend who I kinda had a thing for.
She's really nice once you chip your way through the icy exterior.
She's actually a writer, a fan of firefly, an avid gamer, a movie buff, and shes a great listener, and really interesting to talk to.
Its funny now cause when we all hang out, and movies come up, its like we're psychically linked about stuff.
We just... gel. Kara is so complicated and unnecessarily enigmatic for no damn reason, ann (although we're at least frenemies now) is still a moody bitch, and Eight is just... awesome.

Despite all that, I'm stuck with a gorgeous 31 year old wild chick with a raging sex drive and a predilection for 80's sci-fi movies.
My life SUCKS.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:32 am 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

NiteOwl wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:

so does being 31 make her just a milf?

She's only a milf if she has kids.
Thirty one isn't a big deal at all, if you ask me, although I've forgotten how old you are and if you're younger than twenty then I can see why you'd think it was a problem, or that she was old, but otherwise it's not a big deal at all.

NiteOwl wrote:
But even though I have a mad crush on her, theres Kara's not-girlfriend who I kinda had a thing for.
She's really nice once you chip your way through the icy exterior.
She's actually a writer, a fan of firefly, an avid gamer, a movie buff, and shes a great listener, and really interesting to talk to.
Its funny now cause when we all hang out, and movies come up, its like we're psychically linked about stuff.
We just... gel. Kara is so complicated and unnecessarily enigmatic for no damn reason, ann (although we're at least frenemies now) is still a moody bitch, and Eight is just... awesome.

OH MY RAGING HORMONES.

NiteOwl wrote:
Despite all that, I'm stuck with a gorgeous 31 year old wild chick with a raging sex drive and a predilection for 80's sci-fi movies.
My life SUCKS.

So have you fucked her?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:58 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

NiteOwl wrote:
My life SUCKS.

Fix'd

Sounds like you're living the dream owly,

I agree with smutty, 31 isn't too old, there is no age that is too old to be honest, being good together is what is important, and even then that doesn't matter in the short term.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:12 am 
Indestructible Man

Smutty wrote:
Thirty one isn't a big deal at all, if you ask me, although I've forgotten how old you are and if you're younger than twenty then I can see why you'd think it was a problem, or that she was old, but otherwise it's not a big deal at all.

I'm not sure if this is true, but the creator of THE MAXX apparently met his wife when he was 15 and she was 35.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:34 pm 

Smutty wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
My life SUCKS.

So have you fucked her?

No. But almost. Twice. Her kids got in the way both times. lol

feliciano182 wrote:
Smutty wrote:

I'm not sure if this is true, but the creator of THE MAXX apparently met his wife when he was 15 and she was 35.

I had a crush on a 29 year old when I was 15. She thought I was 18. I let her think that for a long time until she was about to start stripping for me, and I stopped her and told her. I still dont know if that was the best thing I ever did or the stupidest.
All I know is it would've came out sooner or later, and the question is how she was going to feel about it.
We're still close friends so I guess it turned out okay.

NiteOwl wrote:
My life SUCKS.

Fix'd

Sounds like you're living the dream owly,

I agree with smutty, 31 isn't too old, there is no age that is too old to be honest, being good together is what is important, and even then that doesn't matter in the short term.

lol i didnt think that needed purple. But I guess yeah.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:48 pm 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

How old are her kids?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:47 pm 

Smutty wrote:
How old are her kids?

I know one is like... 3yrs old.
The other one i think is like 5.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:39 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

I'm 47 and I am seeing a 27 year old.
The age difference is the least of the differences between us. Cultural, language, societal (?)...

What overrides all these considerations is how we feel about each other, how we feel when we are together. All that other stuff just falls away.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:43 pm 
Indestructible Man

Mister Pain wrote:
I'm 47 and I am seeing a 27 year old.
The age difference is the least of the differences between us. Cultural, language, societal (?)...

What overrides all these considerations is how we feel about each other, how we feel when we are together. All that other stuff just falls away.

So how does it feel knowing she was born when you were entering your twenties ?

8-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next