WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:28 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Uh, I guess I wasn't clear enough. The class begins on monday, the concert is until February 13th.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:10 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

TheMovieDude wrote:
Uh, I guess I wasn't clear enough. The class begins on monday, the concert is until February 13th.

You're still not being clear enough. Is the concert the same day as the class? The day after? I don't have a calendar on me, what day is the 13th of February?

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:33 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

t3cii wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:

You're still not being clear enough. Is the concert the same day as the class? The day after? I don't have a calendar on me, what day is the 13th of February?

He said it was a Tuesday.

So yeah, I'm a little confused now myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:56 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

It's actually on a Wednesday. And I have my class Monday through Fridays from 4pm to 8pm. Starting tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:17 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

TheMovieDude wrote:
It's actually on a Wednesday. And I have my class Monday through Fridays from 4pm to 8pm. Starting tomorrow.

TheMovieDude wrote:
And a very small problem, but something that bothers me nonetheless; I am taking a course on weekday nights for my Master's and I was supposed to go to a Morrissey concert last November, but they postponed it to February 13 and it's a tuesday. :cry:

Get yo facts straight, biatch.

But yeah, the problem is clear now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:59 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Have I got a story for you guys.

At around noon today, one of my coworkers went to lunch with her family. It's Spring Break, so all of her kids were there with her husband. So they go out to lunch, they have a good time, they drop her off back to work, everything's fine.

Not fifteen minutes later, we hear that her family's been in a car accident. The facts are as follows.

After leaving the office, the family proceeded west on Sunnyside Road, stopping at a red light just outside Kaiser Hospital. Then, without warning, they got rear-ended so badly that their car was indented inward by a foot (roughly a third of a meter, for those outside the States). The offending driver got out, went to my friend's husband -- the driver -- to offer his profuse apologies. Now, here's the kicker: When the offending driver was told that there were kids in the vehicle, and when he was asked for assistance, the fucker ran back to his car and drove away.

There are a few things to keep in mind about this particular intersection. To start with, it's literally shouting distance from the nearest freeway. At any given time, all six lanes of that street are packed with people getting on and off I-205. Even better, that particular intersection -- along with every other Sunnyside intersection from Clackamas Town Center to 102nd -- has at least two or three traffic cameras posted on every stop light. Oh, and lest we forget, all of this happened right at the doorstep of a hospital.

To sum up, this dumbass took his thoroughly wrecked vehicle, drove it past countless witnesses (who, remember, just had their commute royally fucked by this incident), with a phalanx of traffic cameras to record every moment. As I type this, I'd honestly be surprised if the dickbag wasn't in police custody already. That or past the state line.

Anyway, the car is now completely totalled. My coworker's husband and her son succeeded in pushing the car to the hospital parking lot, aided by some very pissed paramedics. The entire family is more or less okay, but the daughters caught the worst of it. Both of them are getting X-rays and scans done in response to severe head and neck pain. The older daughter was already leaning forward when the crash happened, so she's the most likely to get whiplash.

We're all comforted by the knowledge that the asshole responsible will get absolutely no sympathy from any cop, judge, jury, or insurance adjuster. I sincerely hope I'm there for the court hearing, and I can't wait to see how much deeper the guy digs himself before it's through.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:41 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

Oh dear god. I hope the worst is just cuts and bruises. Someone should seriously nail that asshole.
I really hope everything turns out properly and justice is served.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:30 pm 
Tired of Earth.

man i wish i could fly out to oregon just so i could be in that courtroom as well. my sister got fender-bendered a few months ago and the guy got out and asked if her car was okay. she had some slight neck injuries but i don't even know what's going on with it now.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:28 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

I'm shitting ice cubes as I write this...........fucking Peru is so cold.

Anyways, as of today, I have finished my six-year relationship with my girlfriend.

Old news for some people, but I feel like I needed to tell it here, some of you of course aren't as acquainted with FB chat.

Overall, I feel terrible and I want to die, every balcony has become a source of blissful temptation, every frustration seems like it only has one single solution. Of course, I am not to be taken seriously, I really want to live my life to the fullest, but I just wish it wasn't this goddamn hard to try to do so, I wish there wasn't so much pain and misery to how I feel, I need an inmediate solution, and I can't think of absolutely anything other than the obvious and the grim.

I should probably feel bad due to the fact that I've ended a six-year relationship, but it feels worse because of how everything happened with the girl for which I gambled my relationship for; it's painful when people give you legitimate signs of warmth and appreciation, when people make you feel special and unique, only to act surprised and bewildered at the moment the truth is revealed, it's bullshit, if you go out with a man that has a woman, not once, but three times, then you should very well accomodate yourself to the idea that you might be brewing something. Then again, this wasn't like she was completely ignorant, she knew she had feelings for me, she was just too cowardly to move on, she's too insecure and has such low self-steem that she couldn't give herself a real chance, despite admitting to friends and family that she liked me, and I didn't find that out from third parties, that came straight from her mouth the moment the truth got out.

And so, I feel fucked, I no longer have a girlfriend and the new chick, who insists on being my friend, is acting awkward and unresponsive around me. Just today, we went on a field assignment to supervise and direct mental health workshops on the elderly, we had to go on a bus; now, it's something so incredibly silly, so naive really, but it still hurts SO MUCH when I am right there, IN FRONT OF HER, and she practically begs in my face for some random dude (who she doesn't even like in the first place) to sit next to her, it makes me feel horrible, and now I fear I may have to live with that for two more years, since she's not switching universities anytime soon; of course, I could hope that her feelings are real, that she's still insecure but thoughtful about the two of us being together, which could somehow mean that there's some sort of possibility..........

..........then again, that's not how real life works.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:49 pm 
Tired of Earth.

To start with, feli, I'm so terribly sorry. I know it may not be much consolation to know that it's all for the best, but that one little fact can mean everything.

I wish I knew more about this particular case so I could offer some better advice. Right now, I can only remind you to never take your heartbreak out on the next girl who comes along. If there's a serious risk of that happening, then wait until you have some closure and/or your broken emotions have scarred over, then try again.

If some other girl is willing to wait until you're ready to try again, that's great. If you find someone who's willing to try and help you through the pain, that's even better. But if you feel like you're being rushed into something, run the other direction as fast as you can.

It should go without saying that this is a huge emotional turning point for you. When it's over, you'll be a different person for it. Hopefully a stronger one as well. I sincerely hope you find someone who's worthy of that wiser, stronger version of you.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:08 pm 

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
It should go without saying that this is a huge emotional turning point for you. When it's over, you'll be a different person for it. Hopefully a stronger one as well. I sincerely hope you find someone who's worthy of that wiser, stronger version of you.

Goddamnit Curi....................*cries*

Thank you man, every little bit helps, specially if it's as great as yours.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:13 am 

I'm so sorry man. Again, if there's anything i can do, just let me know.
Even if you need someone singular to vent to.
Shit's tough. =/
It'll get better though, I promise.
Maybe not easier, not right away, but better for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:14 am 

Well well well !

If I didn't know better, I'd think our lives are beautiful and full of joy at the moment :D !

Well, not for me, I still hate everything for the most part, I've been starting to suspect wether I am sick or just obsessed over the fact that I can't get over my issues with the girl that has made my emotional life a complete wreck; aside from that, my career is tearing my testicles apart, it's gotten incredibly difficult today with just a single class and a million new announcements from the asshole teacher presiding it, and next week ? Mid-terms.

In the emotional respect, I can deffinitely say things have gone mildly better, I have at least taken some action instead of being completely passive and miserable, I am currently trying to date a new girl which I've always been attracted to, nothing's for certain, but I need to try because I feel my emotions can only be set right again by someone else's hands, silly ? Maybe, but I feel it's the best solution. I've also been trying to put distance between me and "wrecking girl", specially since almost everyone that matters and whose advice I value has told me to put distance between us, even if it can only be limited to some extent, we study together, and we'll keep doing so for at least a year and a half.

Regardless, I need to take action, and so I've partaken in this endeavor to distance myself from "wrecking girl" and subtly disintegrate the friendship and any type of contact with her.

It hasn't been easy, the reason why I'm writing this today is that apart from my class schedule and academic workload getting fucking insane, I'm seeing the effects of both of me and her growing apart.........it's not nice, it doesn't feel good.....................it hurts.................physically hurts............

.............I need some beer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:36 am 
Tired of Earth.

i'll drink to that

and take some wise words from my friend here

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:04 am 
Tired of Earth.

No, I think there's a better Gandhi quotation out there. Specifically, "With protests and women, the same advice goes: Always stay away from the ho's."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:14 am 

feliciano182 wrote:
Well well well !

If I didn't know better, I'd think our lives are beautiful and full of joy at the moment :D !

Well, not for me, I still hate everything for the most part, I've been starting to suspect wether I am sick or just obsessed over the fact that I can't get over my issues with the girl that has made my emotional life a complete wreck; aside from that, my career is tearing my testicles apart, it's gotten incredibly difficult today with just a single class and a million new announcements from the asshole teacher presiding it, and next week ? Mid-terms.

In the emotional respect, I can deffinitely say things have gone mildly better, I have at least taken some action instead of being completely passive and miserable, I am currently trying to date a new girl which I've always been attracted to, nothing's for certain, but I need to try because I feel my emotions can only be set right again by someone else's hands, silly ? Maybe, but I feel it's the best solution. I've also been trying to put distance between me and "wrecking girl", specially since almost everyone that matters and whose advice I value has told me to put distance between us, even if it can only be limited to some extent, we study together, and we'll keep doing so for at least a year and a half.

Regardless, I need to take action, and so I've partaken in this endeavor to distance myself from "wrecking girl" and subtly disintegrate the friendship and any type of contact with her.

It hasn't been easy, the reason why I'm writing this today is that apart from my class schedule and academic workload getting fucking insane, I'm seeing the effects of both of me and her growing apart.........it's not nice, it doesn't feel good.....................it hurts.................physically hurts............

.............I need some beer.

It's never easy bro.
Never.
I fucking capitulated and let my own problem bitch back into my life.
Though I can't complain really, because she's made an effort to change, I also realize too much has happened for me not to get mad at her way too often.
It's a mess, and I sympathize man. Hang in there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:45 am 

It's rather disturbing that I'm always the one coming back to this thread :shock:

Better just get on with it.

Brace yourselves, length is coming.

Some of you may know that I, along with some friends in my faculty, founded a psychology research group; it was an idea from a friend which I decided to dive into completely because I needed something to distract myself from "wrecking girl", it all worked quite great for a time, much work was done, much fighting as well, but all in all it was a great learning experience, until of course a couple of former members decided to disintegrate the group by appealing to the dean of faculty's authority..................but that's another story for another time..

This story however, like all the bad things in my life, started with a woman (cookie for whoever gets the reference).

For the purposes of this conversation, we will name her "V", we were introduced by another friend in the group, I never exactly liked V a lot, though she was fun to talk to and very nice; she eventually decided to join our gig and we worked well together, during that time I had no interest in her, and we suspected she was actually into another guy whom we will call "A" (meaning asshole, but I'll get there), but that seemed to go nowhere as they never really got together, and she was deeply friendzoned by him.

Time passed, and me and V became better friends, she usually suffered telling me about A, and I gave her advise constantly; one day while talking on facebook she told me she was having some wine to ease some of the burdens she was having, she was having a single bottle all to herself.

One day, I told her that if things were that bad then we should go and share a bottle of wine, since at the time I had gone through yet another harsh rejection from some other woman whom we won't call by any initial because she can go fuck herself :D

So me and V go home and we talk and we serve some wine, we talked for hours and time just seemed to go at lightspeed as we got more and more drunk; at one point she started crying, talking about some issues with her family, I held her tight and reassured her................and then we made out...........for two hours.

It was rather amazing, but I was scared, I still had feelings for the other girl and it felt difficult, I didn't want to be with V. So we acknowledged it was just something that happened after some wine and let it be.

Then she had more issues, and I suggested we had more wine..............predictably, we made out again. At that point I no longer cared about the other girl, and she had acknowledged that things with A were never going to come to fruition, he didn't seem to pay her any goddamn mind, he was busy thinking of too many other women to give her the time of day; which was when I thought...............

..............what if we start something ?

The day of my birthday I confessed to her how I felt, she was kind to me but she had doubts, she didn't believe I could have feelings for her so soon. So I just caressed her and kissed her and told her how much I wanted her.........and she did all those things back to me, and it felt amazing.

I decided we should talk about it in a few days, and I made up my mind to discuss it with her.

And then "A" showed up.

A told me he was now ready, he was going to tell V how much he wanted her and how they were going to have something together...................it obliterated my mind.

Now, what you need to know here, is that V is very susceptible to depression, really happy days for her are far and distant; and this was a happy day for her. And here's where I made a mistake I could cut my wrists for over and over until I bleeded out; I decided to hold out my announcement and not tell her inmediately that she had to make a choice between him or me, I thought she would hear him and then make up her mind later.

As soon as she heard his words, she decided to be with him.

*looks at the ceiling..........breaths*

She is insisting that we remain friends, she looks like she is about to cry whenever I tell her we should not hang out anymore................so I don't know.

Fuck my life.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:34 pm 
Tired of Earth.

damn

you shoulda kicked a's ass

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:31 pm 

Man... fuck em both. Nobody's thinking of you in this entire situation.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:04 pm 
Tired of Earth.

NiteOwl wrote:
Man... fuck em both. Nobody's thinking of you in this entire situation.

THIS.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next