WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: The dream thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:09 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

So this is where you can go and write about your dreams. Maybe someone else can interpret them for you. Anyway, last night I had a pretty fun and crazy dream within a dream:
I dreamt that I had woken up and that I was feeling groggy. I had noticed I had made a couple of telephone calls while I was asleep. I called some of the numbers and it turned out that they didn't exist, but then one did and it was for some kind of marketing agency. I asked them if they had gotten my call last night and they said they did, but that they didn't operate late hours. I apologized and they just laughed it off and mentioned it's more common than I thought.

Then later I noticed I had recorded a message on my phone, which was just me speaking in slurred speech and with that I closed my eyes within that dream only to end up in another dream. In this one, I was chatting happily with a girl I like, not much came of it. Just a very simple, happy conversation. And then I woke up in this reality.

Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:20 pm 
Tired of Earth.

You had a dream within a dream?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:41 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

WJK wrote:
You had a dream within a dream?

Yup :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:16 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Wanna know what´s freaky?A dream within a dream within a dream!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:26 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

As I get older, I find my dreams aren't quiet as vivid, or as varied, as they used to be. I don't want to say they're dark, but I don't usually have the kind of bizarre, funny dreams I'd sometimes have when I was younger. I tend to dream of things I am subconsciously thinking about it. Or often I'll dream of something I have heard or read while I was awake, then stored in the back of my mind for whatever reason. Usually, if I remember a dream, I can decipher it's meaning.

The worst dreams for me are the ones that involve me trying to go to sleep. I'll sometimes dream that I'm in med, and the room is dark, and for whatever reason, I can't go to sleep. Then I'll wake up, it's morning, and I'll feel unrefreshed. Also, ever have a dream where you realize you're dreaming, and try to wake yourself up? It's the strangest feeling, it's like being physically pulled out of your dream.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:14 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

t3cii wrote:
. Also, ever have a dream where you realize you're dreaming, and try to wake yourself up? It's the strangest feeling, it's like being physically pulled out of your dream.

I have, it's quite fun. Although I often don't try to wake myself up, but try to control the dream. I don't often get to do much. I think the most I achieved was making things float.

Also, weeks ago, I had a dream that I was older, like 28. Time travel existed and I decided to go back in time to search for a girl that used to be in my school (The same girl I was chatting with in the dream I started this thread with). So I traveled back to 2006 or 2008, and went to one of my school's cafeterias in order to get a drink and eat something. As I was sitting there, this tall, fat, goth chick approached me and handed me an envelope with a letter inside. The letter was a poem which I read and I remembered being terrible, but I was trying to be nice and I said to her: "It's really good!" and we ended up talking about it for a while until she left.

I looked around to see if there was any sign of the girl I was looking for, but I couldn't see her. So I got an idea she might be in the Arts building. I walked over there but just as I got myself out of the building, I woke up.

It made me think this could be the good basis for a movie with a premise of Source Code meets Inception :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:06 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Okay, here's one to spin your noggin, I had it a few months ago.

So I don't really remember where it started, but I know that I was in my neighborhood, working as usual, when I turned around to all of a sudden being at a concert, like in a yacht club, and met with a friend. I went to go meet the singer backstage, turned around and then I was in my neighborhood again. I heard a girl call my name, turned around, and then I was in a house that I had never been in before. Oddly enough, my uncle was there as well, said something to me that I don't remember, but it seemed like he was out to get me, so I ran across the house. I went to open what I thought was the door to outside, but then it turns out there was just a line of rooms like the one I was in, and it seemed to go on forever.

oh, and thread music of course http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNavPWHmfI0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:57 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

WJK wrote:
Okay, here's one to spin your noggin, I had it a few months ago.

So I don't really remember where it started, but I know that I was in my neighborhood, working as usual, when I turned around to all of a sudden being at a concert, like in a yacht club, and met with a friend. I went to go meet the singer backstage, turned around and then I was in my neighborhood again. I heard a girl call my name, turned around, and then I was in a house that I had never been in before. Oddly enough, my uncle was there as well, said something to me that I don't remember, but it seemed like he was out to get me, so I ran across the house. I went to open what I thought was the door to outside, but then it turns out there was just a line of rooms like the one I was in, and it seemed to go on forever.

Sounds like fun, although a bit scary haha. I like it when I have dreams like that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:02 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

You know what's freaky ?

Having a dream about you being in Mars (yes, the planet) just traveling around with this hot girl, having fun and enjoying yourself.............

............and then find out a few months later that there is this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkSl9GGOFHM

No, I had never ever heard that song before my dream.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:04 am 

feliciano182 wrote:
You know what's freaky ?

Having a dream about you being in Mars (yes, the planet) just traveling around with this hot girl.

Were you naked and Blue?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:06 am 

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
You know what's freaky ?

Having a dream about you being in Mars (yes, the planet) just traveling around with this hot girl.

Were you naked and Blue?

I won't classic you twice :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:10 am 

feliciano182 wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
You know what's freaky ?

Were you naked and Blue?

Please? :cry: it is my birthday...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:26 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
You know what's freaky ?

Were you naked and Blue?

Please? :cry: it is my birthday...

Already took care of it ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:28 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

I have two Aquabats songs for both Feli's dream and the dream thread in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6ySfETYoWo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX0ahaE9GMc

I'll post something genuinely substantial later, but for now just settle for the awesome songs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:31 am 

Godziller66 wrote:
I have two Aquabats songs for both Feli's dream and the dream thread in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6ySfETYoWo

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!

*Rips tracking chip off skull*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:09 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

I dreamed my lady friend was taking these pills for this sickness nobody really knew what it was
and she gradually became legitly homicidal.
She tried to kill me. Then stabbed me with a butcher knife in the shoulder and pinned me to the wall.
She then took a shower and went to bed.
Then I fell asleep on the wall, and when I woke up
(in the dream)
it was like she had never taken them, and instead apparently I had been.
And I started going crazy.
The dream ended with me punching her across the face....

Horrible shit.

But there was something in there about Jim Carrey trying to turn cacti into women with mind powers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:17 pm 
Existence is random.

I've have had a dream within a dream many times. Also, lucid dreams when I was younger but rarely nowadays, which sucks because controlling your dreams is damn awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:24 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

The other night I dreamt that I was with some scientists of sorts, living in some mountains and that we were going to watch out for meteors that had been falling in the area. It was pretty cool to see them but things got kind of scary because we had been afraid they would hit is. Suppouseddly, this means something that my projects will be successful or some shit.

And last night I dreamt that Global Warming would indeed come upon the world and that the government would dispatch rations as replacement for more "substantial" foods in order to keep the world's produce more rationed until they could find a way to control the problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:32 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Last night I dreamed that two of my friends asked me to help them out with a video related project (for some reason). They would pay me $100. We were going to film at our old high school, which somehow morphed into an old mansion. But it was okay because my friend was apparently related to one of the teachers. I had to dress down, but when I got there I noticed my friends didn't. I said "I look like I'm a painter", then felt the need to clarify that comment by specifying the type of painter who paints people's houses for them, not the type who paints paintings. We were then sitting with three old women, who looked well to do. We made small talk, when some big guy in a suit came in and specifically greeted me. I was surprised that not only did he know my name, but called me by my given name. Suddenly I got the impression that these people were part of some secret society, and then the man tried to inject me with a needle. I kicked (or punched) the needle out of his hand, and it went under a table. He tried to get at it, but he went at it from the opposite end of the table, and I tried to get at it with my foot. I then broke the tip of the needle, and then I woke up.

So, yeah.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:19 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

Best. Thread. Ever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next