WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:53 pm 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

I've had a pack of menacing raccoons loitering in mine as of late

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:18 am 
Tired of Earth.

oh em gee smutty posted in the thread, that means it's legit now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:48 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Were they carrying machine guns?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:52 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

My dreams lately have been kinda weird in that I feel like I've already lived in where they've taken place. Like, even if I see something or someone I don't know in real life, I feel like I have a big history with them already in the dreams. Like for example, I dreamt I was back home and came back to a dog and was really happy to see him. I don't have a dog. I used to and I loved that dog, but it wasn't really mine because my older brother ended up taking him away. It died a few years ago and I do miss him, but I had already gotten used to not having him around and I don't feel I particularly bonded with him. So basically, my bond with this dog in my dream felt like something a lot stronger like that. Think Fry and Seymour, it was very weird.

Anyway, another such dream I can explain with more clarity, but I dreamt I watched a trailer for a Scorsese film starring DiCaprio about a gangster who ended up becoming an actor in different mobster films throughout the 30s and 40s. And I'm not sure if this was the films' style, but the time period did not look like the actual time period, instead, it seemed something more futuristic and art deco, think Batman: The Animated Series or a color, modern version of Fritz Lang's Metrpolis. Again, this may be the film sets where DiCaprio was supposed to be acting in in the films-within-the film, but it could also have been that this movie was set in an alternate time period. Also, the movie seemed to have a look similar to The Aviator, with the film stock and color correction selected to imitate the time period.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:56 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Weird dream last night, it was actually pretty mundane but I dreamt I was hanging out with my friends and one of them was Adam Driver. We were just cruising around what seemed to be Juárez, and I kept bumping into more friends of mine. At one point, we stopped at a restaurant that had one of those CD machines that show up a lot in movies and TV shows, and they were daring me to play one of the songs. I looked at the number and it happened to be the theme from Pokémon.

Then later, I remember being alone in what appeared to be my apartment. I decided to go out for food and in the restaurant, Gwyneth Paltrow showed up with a gun and shot two people. I was in another room that was protected by a wall and a door, and she slipped the gun under the door. I didn't know if to take it or not, I decided to but then I put it away and got out of the restaurant.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:29 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Modest Mouse released a new single a couple of days ago, so I listened to it just once and then a few nights later, the song shows up in my dreams completely in full, loud and clear.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:16 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

I had a really, really weird dream last night. I dreamt that I was hanging out with a friend and we decided to go to the most run-down parts of Juárez for a location scout. And we went into this place that was apparently a shelter of some kind, it had a church of some kind and a dining table. Once there, I overheard this group of men and women, all of them in amish-like get-ups speaking in a british accent. I walked over to them and they told me to do them a favor, I asked them what and they handed me a pamphlet and told me to read it out loud.

It turned out that in the chapel, there was some kind of Catholic mass going on. I walked over to where the priest was and started to read from the pamphlet, but I stopped, realizing it was basically something about the history of Mormonism and I thought to myself "I can't read this. Even if I'm a shitty Catholic, I'd be an asshole from reading this." So I didn't read it. Then the dream continued and it seemed like I was doing a PhD or some kind of important research, where one of my old Middle School teachers was one of my supervisors and it seemed like I was one of the class clowns, and was hanging out with friends of mine, making jokes, to the point that my old teacher told me to sit somewhere else. I remember thinking "I'm too old for this shit."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:17 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

So in Toronto there is a large underground walkway called the Path, that connects a series of subways, buildings, malls, food courts, etc, and the other night I dreamt I was walking through it. While I'm walking, I notice two men run by me, and notice one of them is carrying an assault rifle. Two more men place something on a nearby wall, and I think it's some type of explosive. They all look like soldiers (and, curiously, are all black). Another sets up a mini satellite dish. There's an explosion overhead. Everyone in the underground walkway is trapped, and I get the sense that this is the begging of the Book of Revelation, and that these men are soldiers of the Beast. As some of us are sitting in the food court, a young woman tells me she's going to try to get to the surface by climbing through the ceiling, and I was going to give her a boost, to which I protest. We then spot two more soldiers making their way through the path, and decide to follow them. The soldiers are like zombies, and pay no attention to us. Eventually we make our way outside, through some subway steps. As I look around outside, the sun is shining, while the chaos is just beginning, I drop to my knees, and put my head to the ground, and start weeping. Some little kids nearby laugh at this, but I tell them I was sure I was going to die down there. When I woke up, my pillow was wet. I had cried in my sleep.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:33 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

t3cii wrote:
So in Toronto there is a large underground walkway called the Path, that connects a series of subways, buildings, malls, food courts, etc, and the other night I dreamt I was walking through it. While I'm walking, I notice two men run by me, and notice one of them is carrying an assault rifle. Two more men place something on a nearby wall, and I think it's some type of explosive. They all look like soldiers (and, curiously, are all black). Another sets up a mini satellite dish. There's an explosion overhead. Everyone in the underground walkway is trapped, and I get the sense that this is the begging of the Book of Revelation, and that these men are soldiers of the Beast. As some of us are sitting in the food court, a young woman tells me she's going to try to get to the surface by climbing through the ceiling, and I was going to give her a boost, to which I protest. We then spot two more soldiers making their way through the path, and decide to follow them. The soldiers are like zombies, and pay no attention to us. Eventually we make our way outside, through some subway steps. As I look around outside, the sun is shining, while the chaos is just beginning, I drop to my knees, and put my head to the ground, and start weeping. Some little kids nearby laugh at this, but I tell them I was sure I was going to die down there. When I woke up, my pillow was wet. I had cried in my sleep.

Holy fuck dude.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9