WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:07 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

I had another one of those dreams last night where I'm watching a movie/seeing something play out before my eyes. Edward Norton is walking around in the dark, and is approached by some guy wearing a tuxedo. It's one of those old fashioned types with the collar pointing up, the tails, etc. Looking like he stepped out of Downton Abbey or some shit. The man says "Mr Hinkley?" or something like that, and Edward Norton looks at how the guy is dressed and mutters "Holy shit, look at this guy". He's totally dumbstruck. And the guy tells him there is a phone call for him. So Norton follows him to some place and sees one of those old fashioned phones on a desk. You know, the kind that came in two pieces where you had to hold one end to your ear, and the other to you lips as you spoke? And Norton just starts yelling "OLD TIMEY PHONE! HOLY SHIT!" and he has a look of pure amazement on his face. And the guy tells him that someone told him to give Norton directions. And he gives the directions in some stuffy butler type voice. "He says to go to the building with the *ahem* naked woman's bosom on it". And then I realized he was trying to describe a strip club. Then the next scene is of Edward Norton driving in a convertible (in some when) and yelling "HE'S USING THE PHONES! HA HA! THE SON OF A BITCH DID IT!', and he's yelling and honking his horn excitedly. Apparently his friend had sent him back in time, and was using phones as a way of communicating to him and getting him back to the present. That he somehow knew where Norton would be at a specific time. That was pretty much the gist of it.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:36 am 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

t3cii wrote:
I had another one of those dreams last night where I'm watching a movie/seeing something play out before my eyes. Edward Norton is walking around in the dark, and is approached by some guy wearing a tuxedo. It's one of those old fashioned types with the collar pointing up, the tails, etc. Looking like he stepped out of Downton Abbey or some shit. The man says "Mr Hinkley?" or something like that, and Edward Norton looks at how the guy is dressed and mutters "Holy shit, look at this guy". He's totally dumbstruck. And the guy tells him there is a phone call for him. So Norton follows him to some place and sees one of those old fashioned phones on a desk. You know, the kind that came in two pieces where you had to hold one end to your ear, and the other to you lips as you spoke? And Norton just starts yelling "OLD TIMEY PHONE! HOLY SHIT!" and he has a look of pure amazement on his face. And the guy tells him that someone told him to give Norton directions. And he gives the directions in some stuffy butler type voice. "He says to go to the building with the *ahem* naked woman's bosom on it". And then I realized he was trying to describe a strip club. Then the next scene is of Edward Norton driving in a convertible (in some when) and yelling "HE'S USING THE PHONES! HA HA! THE SON OF A BITCH DID IT!', and he's yelling and honking his horn excitedly. Apparently his friend had sent him back in time, and was using phones as a way of communicating to him and getting him back to the present. That he somehow knew where Norton would be at a specific time. That was pretty much the gist of it.

I would pay to see that. A time travel comedy with ed norton? Fuck yeah.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:32 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

What makes you think it was a comedy? :)

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:33 pm 

t3cii wrote:
What makes you think it was a comedy? :)

I laughed.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:07 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

That sounds like Frequency, but with two friends instead of a father and son, and phones instead of a HAM Radio. It still sounds like a very cool dream, though. I love how they're almost always sci-fi related, t3cii :)

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:55 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

It's weird because I'm not really that into science fiction. I actually have these dream less frequently than I've lead on.

Last night's dream was a bit of a bummer, though. I was going to get into to it, but I think I'll pass as it's a bit too personal. But it's a variation of a dream I've been having lately, one that involves my friends and a feeling that our friendship isn't what it used to be.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:59 pm 

I have a recurring theme in my dreams lately that I'm either alone in the aftermath of a warzone, or some place artic, and also alone.
It's pretty jarring and once I woke up shaking. I miss my stupid ass crazy dreams. They were fun at least.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:09 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

NiteOwl wrote:
I have a recurring theme in my dreams lately that I'm either alone in the aftermath of a warzone, or some place artic, and also alone.
It's pretty jarring and once I woke up shaking. I miss my stupid ass crazy dreams. They were fun at least.

Funny you should mention that. I'll keep it brief, but last night's dream ending up being similar to that. I'm trying to head home on the subway, but I see all these people running up the steps leading to the trains. I hear a guy yelling "FIRE!", and my intuition is that it's not just a fire, but a deliberate one. So I run back up the stairs, and people are at the same time running down them, and I'm yelling fire too, trying to warn people to go back up. Eventually I find myself at someone's home, along with a bunch of other people. And trying to find what's happened on the news. There's been a terrorist attack, or a flu outbreak, and everyone's been going crazy and creating chaos.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:30 pm 

t3cii wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:

Funny you should mention that. I'll keep it brief, but last night's dream ending up being similar to that. I'm trying to head home on the subway, but I see all these people running up the steps leading to the trains. I hear a guy yelling "FIRE!", and my intuition is that it's not just a fire, but a deliberate one. So I run back up the stairs, and people are at the same time running down them, and I'm yelling fire too, trying to warn people to go back up. Eventually I find myself at someone's home, along with a bunch of other people. And trying to find what's happened on the news. There's been a terrorist attack, or a flu outbreak, and everyone's been going crazy and creating chaos.

God yeah. I have had a few dreams about terrorist attacks. They always suck.
I once dreamed I knew when one was going to happen but for some reason couldn't tell anyone, like was physically unable to.
And then it happened and I was devastated.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:30 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

I'm almost sure it does have to do with my car troubles and my deep fears about driving, but I do have recurring dreams about me driving and crashing. I'm never killed in these dreams, though nor anybody else is. I had another one of these dreams last night, though, but I don't know if the fact that I was writing a deadly car crash scene before it may have had something to do with it.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:18 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

TheMovieDude wrote:
I had another one of these dreams last night, though, but I don't know if the fact that I was writing a deadly car crash scene before it may have had something to do with it.

Yeah, that might have something to do with it. 8-)

NiteOwl wrote:

What struck me about the dream was that the chaos was created by people going hysterical. That one major incident made everyone panic, or simply start looting. Thankfully I've never experienced that in real life. The closest I did was during the G20 Summit of a few years ago. I've talked about it here before, how cop cars were set on fire, and how people were being arrested left and right. I was luck enough to have avoided the major rioting, but I did almost get his by a police commandeered bus, and I did see a bunch of police in riot gear guarding the police HQ. The sky was also full of stormy clouds, and the streets were being blocked off, and there were cops on horses, and it was like being in a movie:

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:39 pm 

t3cii wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:
I had another one of these dreams last night, though, but I don't know if the fact that I was writing a deadly car crash scene before it may have had something to do with it.

Yeah, that might have something to do with it. 8-)

NiteOwl wrote:

What struck me about the dream was that the chaos was created by people going hysterical. That one major incident made everyone panic, or simply start looting. Thankfully I've never experienced that in real life. The closest I did was during the G20 Summit of a few years ago. I've talked about it here before, how cop cars were set on fire, and how people were being arrested left and right. I was luck enough to have avoided the major rioting, but I did almost get his by a police commandeered bus, and I did see a bunch of police in riot gear guarding the police HQ. The sky was also full of stormy clouds, and the streets were being blocked off, and there were cops on horses, and it was like being in a movie:

dear god that sounds intense.
The closest I've ever come to that kind of police presence was when I lived in this real bad neighborhood, and was leaving in the morning for school, and a few swat vans pulled up for a drug bust/raid on our neighbor's building. A swat officer and a police canine was walking by us, he tipped his helmet and said good morning. Then he readied his rifle and went into the building. My dad and I were just like... :shock:

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:37 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

I had a dream the other night in which a lot of you if not all of you were construction workers.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:32 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

TheMovieDude wrote:
I had a dream the other night in which a lot of you if not all of you were construction workers.

Nothing gay about that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:28 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

I had a very vivid dream last night. You ever have a dream that seems to have weight to it, like time seems to pass how it would when you're awake? Like, one moment leads to the next seamlessly? My dream was like that, and while it isn't particularly interesting, it's just bizarre enough that I wanted to share it.

So, recently I was invited to go to this birthday/dinner thing that I don't really want to go to. And it must have been on my mind, as I dreamed I was sitting in some type of restaurant. From the very back of the restaurant I hear someone yell "Where's the birthday boy?", in a sing song-y voice. And this Indian man and a big group of people work their way up to the front of the restaurant. He then starts doing this weird sort of hand jive that everyone is supposed to copy. Everyone is laughing and getting into it, and even I'm doing it even though I keep messing up the rhythm. I then catch the guy's eye, and he makes a "come over here" gesture, but I refuse. He then continues to do the hand jive as he makes his way over to my table, and he still wants me to go to the front of the restaurant to join him in the dance, but I just smile and politely say "That's not going to happen", and without missing a beat he goes on to the next person, and I think to myself that this guy is remarkably professional in that he didn't get annoyed that I didn't play along.

Later, I'm sort of playing with my food when I notice this pretty woman sitting next to me. She's wearing a silver dress, and has her hair in an "up do", and there's something 1950's ish about her. I look down and realize I'm wearing a suit and tie, and I'm kind of dressed like Mickey Rourke in Diner. I look at her and think to myself how nice she is dressed, and that she's probably waiting for someone. Then, some guy who looked like Paul from Mad Men starts chatting her up, but he's being really chauvinistic about it, and I tell him to leave her alone. He becomes all threatening and says "are you going to make me?", and I think I grin and say "yeah, ya' wann go?", and I'm getting ready for a fight.

I then notice a hand place a cup of tea beside me, and a voice say "here you go, dear". The woman beside me thanks her, and the woman replies that it was okay, and that it was clear that I wasn't going to do it. I then hear the two plus a third woman whisper about me. The girl next to me thought I was some sort of government agent, while the third woman sitting directly behind me says she thought I owned a farm, and that's why I didn't go overseas to join the war (at this point, we're now in the 30's, it seems). She then makes this huffy remark about how everyone should help out during the war effort, and that everyone must do their share, and I turn around and say to her "Yeah? Oh, so you're gonna go overseas and fight for millions?". Even as I say it I don't know what it means. Before she can answer I cheerfully say "No? Then shut the fuck up ya' stupid cunt!". I immediately regret saying that word, and she looks like she's about to cry, and leaves the table. I then turn around to her friend and say "And as for you, it's not like we're on a fucking date!", to which she replies "uh, you are on a date." She then starts pointing to several people responsible for setting it up, and the woman I'm sitting next to has a sort of sad look on her face.

I then turn back to my lunch, and find my steak is cold, and ask the waitress if I could have it re-heated. At this point I wonder to myself if they have microwaves in the 50's (which, I'm apparently back in). She then tells me she'll have to ask the manager, and I wonder why she would have to ask that, and then I woke up. Weird dream.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:26 pm 

t3cii wrote:
I had a very vivid dream last night. You ever have a dream that seems to have weight to it, like time seems to pass how it would when you're awake? Like, one moment leads to the next seamlessly? My dream was like that, and while it isn't particularly interesting, it's just bizarre enough that I wanted to share it.

So, recently I was invited to go to this birthday/dinner thing that I don't really want to go to. And it must have been on my mind, as I dreamed I was sitting in some type of restaurant. From the very back of the restaurant I hear someone yell "Where's the birthday boy?", in a sing song-y voice. And this Indian man and a big group of people work their way up to the front of the restaurant. He then starts doing this weird sort of hand jive that everyone is supposed to copy. Everyone is laughing and getting into it, and even I'm doing it even though I keep messing up the rhythm. I then catch the guy's eye, and he makes a "come over here" gesture, but I refuse. He then continues to do the hand jive as he makes his way over to my table, and he still wants me to go to the front of the restaurant to join him in the dance, but I just smile and politely say "That's not going to happen", and without missing a beat he goes on to the next person, and I think to myself that this guy is remarkably professional in that he didn't get annoyed that I didn't play along.

Later, I'm sort of playing with my food when I notice this pretty woman sitting next to me. She's wearing a silver dress, and has her hair in an "up do", and there's something 1950's ish about her. I look down and realize I'm wearing a suit and tie, and I'm kind of dressed like Mickey Rourke in Diner. I look at her and think to myself how nice she is dressed, and that she's probably waiting for someone. Then, some guy who looked like Paul from Mad Men starts chatting her up, but he's being really chauvinistic about it, and I tell him to leave her alone. He becomes all threatening and says "are you going to make me?", and I think I grin and say "yeah, ya' wann go?", and I'm getting ready for a fight.

I then notice a hand place a cup of tea beside me, and a voice say "here you go, dear". The woman beside me thanks her, and the woman replies that it was okay, and that it was clear that I wasn't going to do it. I then hear the two plus a third woman whisper about me. The girl next to me thought I was some sort of government agent, while the third woman sitting directly behind me says she thought I owned a farm, and that's why I didn't go overseas to join the war (at this point, we're now in the 30's, it seems). She then makes this huffy remark about how everyone should help out during the war effort, and that everyone must do their share, and I turn around and say to her "Yeah? Oh, so you're gonna go overseas and fight for millions?". Even as I say it I don't know what it means. Before she can answer I cheerfully say "No? Then shut the fuck up ya' stupid cunt!". I immediately regret saying that word, and she looks like she's about to cry, and leaves the table. I then turn around to her friend and say "And as for you, it's not like we're on a fucking date!", to which she replies "uh, you are on a date." She then starts pointing to several people responsible for setting it up, and the woman I'm sitting next to has a sort of sad look on her face.

I then turn back to my lunch, and find my steak is cold, and ask the waitress if I could have it re-heated. At this point I wonder to myself if they have microwaves in the 50's (which, I'm apparently back in). She then tells me she'll have to ask the manager, and I wonder why she would have to ask that, and then I woke up. Weird dream.

Wow. Shit.
I kinda wanna go dance with that indian guy.

But yeah, the 'weightiest' dream I ever had was like...
a few years ago. It was set in the future and I had killed a man.
I turned myself in and was convicted of murder and sentenced to death by lethal injection.
They strapped me onto this hovering stretcher and loaded me onto the transport, which reminded me of Han Solo being loaded onto the Slave I.
Anyways, my parents were with me on the transport.
At this point, the dream felt 100% real. Like, it felt like it was actually happening. To the point I was experiencing real dread and panic.
I was choking back tears in the dream cause I had so much left unfinished and wasn't ready to die. It was hard to breathe too. I was absolutely convinced I was going to die soon.
I was in the mental process of coming to terms with the fact my life was going to end. Which... is very unsettling.
They unloaded me and took me into the facility, which didn't look anything like a prison area or a hospital. I was in a high-rise building, in a corner room, with shiny bronze colored walls, and a view to look out the window. Anyways, I saw them put the needle in my arm, I saw my parents crying, and right before they loaded the chemicals... I was ready.
I suppose that's not the right word, convinced it more like it. I wasn't crying anymore, I was ready for them to just... do it. I closed my eyes for a moment, and then felt the rush of the first chemical, and I opened my eyes and looked out the window as things got blurry.
It was really beautiful. And then I felt sleepy, and scared... and everything got dark. And then...
I woke up in real life, in a cold sweat and with chest pains. Breathing harder than a racehorse.

I only remember it because when I woke up I wasn't sure if I was really alive. It was that vivid and realistic.
For about five minutes I wasn't sure if I was actually awake, in the now, alive.
It was single handedly the most unnerving and scariest dream I've ever had.
I never want to face my own death like that again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:20 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

I once read that you don't really experience time like you would in real life, in that even though a dream can feel long, you're actually only dreaming for seconds at a time. But I've also read that that isn't necessarily true. That's what makes dreams like this so interesting, as they aren't the typical collection of random scenes tied together. And because the dreams are so specific, they have a solidity that makes them feel so real compared to most other dreams. Like, I could tell you exactly what everyone in the dream looked like, what the restaurant looked like, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:55 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

t3cii, your dream sounds like an impressionistic portrayal of what I feel my love life to be: Basically weird and set up by somebody else and if anyone involved messes up it's too late to find out.

Anyway, as I posted on Facebook, I've been doing Yoga for almost a month now and I've been sleeping far better than I have since I can remember. The problem is that I fall into such deep sleep that my dreams become very vivid, which I wouldn't mind, except they've become rather weird and kinda gross.

For example, I dreamt last night that two ladies got into my dad's car and stole it. Like they just climbed aboard and drove away. Now, that's pretty boring dream-wise and even funny, but I really felt it was actually happening and I had a big sense of panic, like thinking "Shit, they stole my dad's truck! That's just awful! He doesn't deserve that! We don't deserve that!"

And another was that I was having one of my problems with my sinuses and I started spitting because I felt like snot was coming down to my throat, but this big, thick, green gunk was what was coming out of my mouth. Think Toad's spit in X-Men. Again, nothing really bad but it felt quite vivid and scary, especially because the overall feeling was as if I was throwing up.

Other than that, nothing really interesting or even pleasant. I really appreciate that I'm sleeping better than ever, but some nice dreams would really be welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:32 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

I had the dumbest dream last night. It was so pointless:

I dreamt I went to see the new Dragon Ball Z movie with my brother, which would never happen because my brother is not into it. And midway through the movie there was an intermission and for some reason, they were showing parts of Rebuild of Evangelion, including the credits. Then I went to get popcorn and the popcorn stand was attended by a girl, and then a friend of mine took over and said I needed to pay 20 pesos and then the other girl came back and told me that it would be 18 pesos so I gave her the 20 pesos bill and she said it would just be 18 pesos and I told her "Yeah, but you only have to give me two pesos change, what's the big deal?" and then she went into like a trance and crawled into a fetal position on the floor, and was just going "I don't understand anything...leave me alone...why is everything so complicated...." I just rolled my eyes and then left and woke up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:52 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

The girl didn't happen to look like this, did she?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next