WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:30 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
:lol:
If she looked like Diane Kruger, that would have made it more entertaining. But she didn't look like anyone I know. Maybe like a friend of mine, but she has never behaved like that IRL.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:58 am 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
Finally, I had some pretty awesome dreams last night:

I dreamt I went over to Guillermo del Toro's house and we just hung out and chatted, showing me around this dining room he had that was in a colonial or gothic style.

And I've been having this kind of recurring dream that a girl I know works at Subway, but last night I dreamt that she said she loved me and we hugged.

As awesome as these dreams were, apparently their meaning is extra-depressing. :lol:

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:16 pm 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5380
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
sounds cool though man

I JUST woke up from a dream where I kicked a friend to the curb.
it was pretty depressing in it's own right.

_________________
My Blog of Movie Reviews and Such
Image
I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:02 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
I had another cool or at least, very interesting one last night.

I dreamt that I was with some people from my High School who were a few years below me and that I was accompanying them on a field trip of sorts and we were supposed to take an airplane off somewhere. So we got to the airport and we got into this 747 or at least, that's what the design of the plane seemed to be, because you had to go up to a flight of stairs in order to get to your seats, which were more like booths where you really didn't have anyone sitting besides you, you had plenty of space to move around if you wanted to. So then the plane starts to move and I get all excited about the take off, which is simultaneously one of my favorite and least favorite parts about being on a plane but then I realize we are not taking off at all, instead, we are moving across the streets on the plane and we are headed to one of the international bridges and I'm like "Why are we even doing this? Why can't we just fly from the airport" and then the pilot said something that because we will be using US airspace we need to stop at the bridge. And then I said that I didn't have my passport but he said it wasn't a problem, that he was the one that needed to clear everything and we'd be okay.

So we ended up waiting inside the plane, besides the Customs and Border Protection offices and after that, I don't really remember anything but I dreamt I was an actor of sorts and I was talking to my manager (or maybe it was the director of the movie I was working on) and he said that the movie I was acting in had a scene of skydiving and that I should do it myself at least once, in order to get the feeling of it right. So I got unboard this plane and I remember feeling terrified, I kept thinking "I think I'll shit my pants in midair, I wonder what that's gonna look like." and the dream ended as I jumped off the plane, feeling indeed like I was going to shit my pants in that state of euphoria.

Also, apparently as cool as these dreams were, apparently they also have depressing or dark meanings. :lol:

Overall, there seems to be a theme of me idealizing my projects too much and that I forget they may be delayed by criticism and that I probably push myself too hard, and that I probably need insight from my classmates about a relationship of mine, I don't know which one could that be.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot another part of my dream that was reminescent about something that t3cii had once dreamed, which was about a book of ours being published. I dreamt that this forum's Kori had published a book of film criticism and he had written a rather long review about why World War Z was a bad movie and a bad adaptation. I just remember trying to skim through it because I haven't seen the movie but in that instance I remember wonder why would I be afraid of that if I didn't even really know any spoilers. :P

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:13 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
I had a dream last night that I played or sung with Cursive when they went on Letterman. :D

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:27 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
This dream may sound weirdly cool to some of you, I hope.

I dreamt I was in Fight Club, playing a character that wasn't in the movie at all. I can't remember if I was actually in the movie or acting a role and I was aware that I was just acting, but I played a one-armed man with a suit and long hair. Apparently, I was tested by Tyler Durden to see if I could join the Space Monkeys. My assignment was to take an extremely heavy hammer with my remaining arm and use it to destroy an assortment of (wedding? I can't remember exactly) cakes. And off I went, destroying each cake, filled with rage but I was horrified because the cakes couldn't really destroy themselves, I felt the hammer was really weak or the cakes were too resistant, but I was infurirated because of the lack of damage.

And that was it.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:44 am 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
It's weird dream time! Last night I dreamt a couple hired me to protect them from a man who was stalking them. I set up in their house, while they were away someplace. I was in their bedroom which was at the end of a long hall. Looking through the doorway I could see a mirror at the far end wall, which reflected the staircase leading up to the landing. Daylight filled the bedroom.

I then heard a sound coming from downstairs. I dropped to my knees and reached under the bed, where I pulled out a riffle. I slid to my side, so that I was close to the wall. I laid the riffle across the bed, trying to hide it under a pillow and some sheets. I looked through the scope. I could still see the hallway through the doorway, and saw a closeup of the side of the wall, where the stairs led to. Suddenly, through the scope I saw a giant head wearing a wool hat take a quick peak around the corner. The stalker was then in the hallway, and he was moving from side to side, hiding behind furniture that was now inexplicably in the hall. I started to feel a growing sense of fear, my heart racing, my forehead sweating. I tried to take deep breaths as I tracked the man down the hall, all the while still looking through the scope, the hallway and man an extreme closeup, but my breathing was too raged, and so I held my breath. I quickly wished I had some Diazepam, the drug Solid Snake takes to settle his nerves before his sniper fight with Sniper Wolf in Metal Gear Solid. I also feared I might lose my shot, and with the man coming closer, I'd have to switch to my handgun, at which point I might lose the element of surprise. And in such close quarters, this might be a dangerous fight. The man then moved to his left, and I squeezed the trigger. I think I shoot him dead.

It's at this point that the dream goes from me being an active participant, to me seeing all of this as it was a movie. Then I woke up.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:58 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
t3cii wrote:
It's weird dream time! Last night I dreamt a couple hired me to protect them from a man who was stalking them. I set up in their house, while they were away someplace. I was in their bedroom which was at the end of a long hall. Looking through the doorway I could see a mirror at the far end wall, which reflected the staircase leading up to the landing. Daylight filled the bedroom.

I then heard a sound coming from downstairs. I dropped to my knees and reached under the bed, where I pulled out a riffle. I slid to my side, so that I was close to the wall. I laid the riffle across the bed, trying to hide it under a pillow and some sheets. I looked through the scope. I could still see the hallway through the doorway, and saw a closeup of the side of the wall, where the stairs led to. Suddenly, through the scope I saw a giant head wearing a wool hat take a quick peak around the corner. The stalker was then in the hallway, and he was moving from side to side, hiding behind furniture that was now inexplicably in the hall. I started to feel a growing sense of fear, my heart racing, my forehead sweating. I tried to take deep breaths as I tracked the man down the hall, all the while still looking through the scope, the hallway and man an extreme closeup, but my breathing was too raged, and so I held my breath. I quickly wished I had some Diazepam, the drug Solid Snake takes to settle his nerves before his sniper fight with Sniper Wolf in Metal Gear Solid. I also feared I might lose my shot, and with the man coming closer, I'd have to switch to my handgun, at which point I might lose the element of surprise. And in such close quarters, this might be a dangerous fight. The man then moved to his left, and I squeezed the trigger. I think I shoot him dead.

It's at this point that the dream goes from me being an active participant, to me seeing all of this as it was a movie. Then I woke up.


Image

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:44 pm 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
TheMovieDude wrote:
t3cii wrote:
It's weird dream time! Last night I dreamt a couple hired me to protect them from a man who was stalking them. I set up in their house, while they were away someplace. I was in their bedroom which was at the end of a long hall. Looking through the doorway I could see a mirror at the far end wall, which reflected the staircase leading up to the landing. Daylight filled the bedroom.

I then heard a sound coming from downstairs. I dropped to my knees and reached under the bed, where I pulled out a riffle. I slid to my side, so that I was close to the wall. I laid the riffle across the bed, trying to hide it under a pillow and some sheets. I looked through the scope. I could still see the hallway through the doorway, and saw a closeup of the side of the wall, where the stairs led to. Suddenly, through the scope I saw a giant head wearing a wool hat take a quick peak around the corner. The stalker was then in the hallway, and he was moving from side to side, hiding behind furniture that was now inexplicably in the hall. I started to feel a growing sense of fear, my heart racing, my forehead sweating. I tried to take deep breaths as I tracked the man down the hall, all the while still looking through the scope, the hallway and man an extreme closeup, but my breathing was too raged, and so I held my breath. I quickly wished I had some Diazepam, the drug Solid Snake takes to settle his nerves before his sniper fight with Sniper Wolf in Metal Gear Solid. I also feared I might lose my shot, and with the man coming closer, I'd have to switch to my handgun, at which point I might lose the element of surprise. And in such close quarters, this might be a dangerous fight. The man then moved to his left, and I squeezed the trigger. I think I shoot him dead.

It's at this point that the dream goes from me being an active participant, to me seeing all of this as it was a movie. Then I woke up.


Image


Let it be known that this is the first time a dream has ever been applauded. :)

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:53 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
Jesus fucking Christ Terry, I want your brain.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:18 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
feliciano182 wrote:
Jesus fucking Christ Terry, I want your brain.


Image

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:12 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
I had a dream that was sorta kinda meta last night; I was at a party in my house and I came across this girl who was pretty and asked me to take her picture. I don't remember much of the rest, but I remember infering that she liked me as much as I liked her, and at a point, I was lucid dreaming and I thought "Maybe she's real? Maybe I should try to get her real name" but I couldn't. Also, she was wearing a Ramona Flowers shirt.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:01 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
Last night I had a series of dreams that were about me chilling with Sofia Vergara. I dunno why, even though she's beautiful and sexy, I'm not really a fan of her. But I dreamt I was in LA and we met and she showed me around town, including going to the movies, which led to an incident in which I ended up buying the tickets but got rid of them immediately and couldn't remember where we were supposed to sit, so we ended up with the kind of seats I hate when I go to the movies, with the screen practically in front of you and you can't completely catch everything. We moved back and there was this old couple who just allowed us to sit next to them, and apparently in the dream, I was kind of a well-known screenwriter or something because the old guy started pitching some ideas for movies to me.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:46 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
Last night I dreamt I was in Westeros. I was staying inside some kind of cabin while there was a torrential rain outside. The cabin was in the middle of a farmland where a battle had occurred; long ago so that the bodies and bad smells and any signs of bloodshed were gone, but recently enough that the armor and weapons of the fallen warriors had stayed outside in the mud. I didn't really do or see much else, I was just protecting myself from the rain inside the cabin and despite the setting, it felt peaceful in some way.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:12 am 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
Last night, I dreamt I was back in high school. This is something of a recurring dream for me, although it's never quite the same. In this dream, it's as if I have been given a second change to do things over. My mindset and attitude seems more mature. Anyway, it's the first day of school, and I'm trying to find my class. I take out my rumpled schedule, wondering why I waited until the first day of school to find out where my class is. I see that it's in the business area, which was where the business and computer related classes too place in my old high school.

I make my way to my classroom, with class already in progress. I walk around the teacher who is sitting down, and make my way to the back of the classroom. There don't appear to be any seats for me to sit in, which several coats resting on whatever seats are around. I decide to take someone's seat, brushing the coat aside. Sitting next to me is a student who looks very much like Pete from Mad Men. Same temperament too, and he spends much of his time ranting about one thing or another. I catch the eye of the guy sitting next to him, and we both make faces behind Pete's back, mocking him. The teacher makes his way to where we are sitting. The teacher looks and sounds like Jim Cutler, also from Mad Men. He asks to see Pete's schedule, and starts walking around the classroom, reading it out loud. It's at this point where it seems as if I'm in a writing class, and he is reading out Pete's story. He's doing it mockingly, and I think to myself, if that's what he's going to do with everyone's story, fuck him. I put away my now ripped schedule (which also has a scribble on it), and decide to say I forgot it if he comes around to read it. I also hope he hadn't seen it on my desk.

Pete's story is an odd one. A man goes into a barber shop, hoping the barber can give him a haircut to fix his bald spot. In the process, the barber makes his hair even worse, and the man kills him. It's at this point that Cuttler points out a particular sentence, saying "Now this line would seem to suggest it is the man's crisis. But it should be the barber's crisis, as he is the one who must deal with the consequences of his mistake". He then goes through the whole story, pointing out where Pete's writing could be clearer, and I start to think to myself that maybe this guy isn't such a bad teacher after all?

The strangest dreams are always the most vivid.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:21 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
That sounds like a fun dream in a way. It's odd, for me a lot of my school dreams are actually unpleasant. :lol:
I wish I could have some Mad Men cameos to stop by.

Anyway, with the dream I had a while ago of the girl with the Ramona Flowers shirt, I decided to do a rough sketch to practice my drawing and also try to put down what the shirt was like becuase I couldn't find anything quite close to what I saw in my dream. Then I showed the sketch to a friend of mine who did a better version of it:

Image
Image

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:08 pm 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
TheMovieDude wrote:
It's odd, for me a lot of my school dreams are actually unpleasant


Oh, most of my school related dreams are unpleasant.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:51 am 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
t3cii wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:
It's odd, for me a lot of my school dreams are actually unpleasant


Oh, most of my school related dreams are unpleasant.


At least they have the ocassional Mad Men cameo :D

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:59 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
I napped and dreamt that Gary Oldman made a prequel about all of the characters he's played somehow meeting and influencing each other.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The dream thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:27 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
I had a dream last night that I was an american high schooler and Gus Fring was one of my teachers.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.107s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]