WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: The Northampton Clown
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:50 am 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/09/15/spot-northampton-clown_n_3929736.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Could The Beard be behind this little game?

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:01 am 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8035
Location: Clackamas, OR
I don't know if Alan Moore's involved, but I'm sure he's getting a good laugh out of it.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:07 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
Like Curi has pointed out, it's certainly going to make him laugh.................just a bit.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:19 pm 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
Huh. I would have gone with Stephen King over Moore on this one.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:51 pm 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
t3cii wrote:
Huh. I would have gone with Stephen King over Moore on this one.

Uhhh... Stephen King lives in Maine. Alan Moore lives in Northampton.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Penny for the Wise Guy
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:16 am 
Offline
New Frontiersman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:26 pm
Posts: 317
But, doctor... I am Pagliacci.


The clown has actually been spotted in Alan's street but he's been out of town of late visting Leah and the grandchildren.
Even whilst absent, the residual effects of his magickal influence still linger...

If this isn't something to do with the Moore movie cycle under the banner of Jimmy's End... then it should be!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:27 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
t3cii wrote:
Huh. I would have gone with Stephen King over Moore on this one.


*whoosh*
:geek:

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:08 am 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
Writer Of Wrongs wrote:
But, doctor... I am Pagliacci.


The clown has actually been spotted in Alan's street but he's been out of town of late visting Leah and the grandchildren.
Even whilst absent, the residual effects of his magickal influence still linger...

If this isn't something to do with the Moore movie cycle under the banner of Jimmy's End... then it should be!

This is exactly what I thought. Some guerrilla publicity for Moore's movie project.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:19 am 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
DoomsdayClock wrote:
t3cii wrote:
Huh. I would have gone with Stephen King over Moore on this one.

Uhhh... Stephen King lives in Maine. Alan Moore lives in Northampton.


AvatarIII wrote:
t3cii wrote:
Huh. I would have gone with Stephen King over Moore on this one.


*whoosh*
:geek:


Really, guys? I thought my joke was pretty obvious. The clown makeup the guy is wearing looks very similar to Pennywise the clown, from Stephen King's "IT". Stephen King is also the guy we often joke about on this website.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:28 pm 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
t3cii wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
t3cii wrote:
Huh. I would have gone with Stephen King over Moore on this one.

Uhhh... Stephen King lives in Maine. Alan Moore lives in Northampton.


AvatarIII wrote:
t3cii wrote:
Huh. I would have gone with Stephen King over Moore on this one.


*whoosh*
:geek:


Really, guys? I thought my joke was pretty obvious. The clown makeup the guy is wearing looks very similar to Pennywise the clown, from Stephen King's "IT". Stephen King is also the guy we often joke about on this website.

Yes, I know who Pennywise is. I got your reference. Nice try on the save, though. ;)

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:05 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10199
Writer Of Wrongs wrote:
The clown has actually been spotted in Alan's street


Your street you mean ?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:26 pm 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
DoomsdayClock wrote:
t3cii wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
t3cii wrote:
Huh. I would have gone with Stephen King over Moore on this one.

Uhhh... Stephen King lives in Maine. Alan Moore lives in Northampton.


AvatarIII wrote:
t3cii wrote:
Huh. I would have gone with Stephen King over Moore on this one.


*whoosh*
:geek:


Really, guys? I thought my joke was pretty obvious. The clown makeup the guy is wearing looks very similar to Pennywise the clown, from Stephen King's "IT". Stephen King is also the guy we often joke about on this website.

Yes, I know who Pennywise is. I got your reference. Nice try on the save, though. ;)

I got your reference too, the way you said it though, it just seemed like you didn't get the Alan Moore connection.

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:01 pm 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
Of course I got the connection, my comment would make no sense if I was being serious.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:48 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
This gives a new meaning to a phrase we have in Mexico that literally translated says: "You're going to get picked up by the clown!"

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:17 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
When that was posted on Facebook the translate thing translated it to "you will reload the clown." :lol:

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.107s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]