WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The eye
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:00 am 
So impotent.

Hi everyone,
After a long journey starting at Uni (a mature but not that mature student) I have found myself here. It started with seeing pyramids with the eye on top and so many in one day made me question it. Anyway after hours and hours of research I find myself here. I wondered if anyone has any thoughts on this...Oh Dylan was playing a concert near me last night and I' writing a presentation on him, so that's another reason how I found this site today. :D

Post subject: Re: The eye
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:51 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Hm. Doesn't look like a spambot.

I assume that you're referring to the famous "all-seeing eye," a symbol of the Freemasons and conspiracy theorists. But how the hell would research on that subject lead you here?

EDIT: I just remembered that Bob Dylan's music -- specifically "All Along the Watchtower" -- is featured prominently in Watchmen. If you haven't read that book, you might want to consider it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:35 pm 
So impotent.

Hi,
Thanks for the info, I will certainly take a look. I guess I looked deeper than I should or made more of it than I should.
I wondered why Dylan suddenly change his thinking after times are a-changin album and found out something which is not on Google (but that doesn't surprise me).
Dylan's lyrics for me are complex and he hated meaning to be given to his songs, so I thought if he allowed the song be used for this film then there possibly was something more to it, again I could be wrong and he just said "yes" but still my gut says "no"
Sorry I have a whole head full of things. I wondered why I felt like this from a child but now I'm just learning why. Even stupid things like
I hate shopping, I hate giving meaning to anything other than what it's function is, I have a feeling that "love" is they key, when I ask for help I came here and so on and so on.
Think I'm going mad lol
Thanks for the info though

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:21 am 
So impotent.

I looked into "all along the watchtower" and funny as it sounds but I kind of had a thought what it would be about before I even looked.
I also find the characters, their stories of watchmen very intriguing, anyway I just wanted to say thanks again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:40 pm 
So impotent.

I kind of thought I may have had more replies so I'm now wondering if I am completely mad. Dylan says his lyrics ask for no meanings but rather ask you to question yourself. My daughter saw him at Blackpool last month, she is 12 and said he looked right at her, bless, but I dream about him (not in a wierd way) but the words to his songs......yes I know he said his lyrics have no meanings but to play "all along the watchtower" in his concerts more than any other and to let "time are a-changin" be used for this the film hits me. He is different, and I think I even understand "blowin in the wind", it was in front of my face and possibly because I'm not analysing it and I am christian, I got it. Anyone here have any theories on Dylans music?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:11 pm 
Tired of Earth.

I don't know what to tell you, amigo. I'm not sure any of us here are such huge Bob Dylan fans.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:12 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

I'm pretty big on him, but I gotta say I've not looked a lot into the meaning of his songs. An album like "Blood on the Tracks" is said to be based on his marriage to his wife Sara, but it seems like he tries to paint a different picture with every song he makes. He IS an enigmatic figure, though. Even when you have him narrating his own life in painstaking detail like in "Chronicles", you still don't think you have him quite figured. It's a given with any celebrity but in Dylan's case, I feel like things are not so clear cut. The movie "I'm not there" captures this perfectly and a few years ago, I wrote a short story that's pretty much about the same thing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:30 pm 
So impotent.

Thank for your posts, Im trying to check the link out but not having much luck. I will try again

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:41 pm 
So impotent.

whats your film called?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:03 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Redangelmagic wrote:
whats your film called?

It's not a film. It's a short story haha. It's called "The Dylan Concert." I've not been able to get it published anywhere. If you'd like, I could send it to you, either in spanish (as it was originally written) or in english.

But yes, Dylan is enigmatic enough that a few months ago he was stopped by a cop in Florida (I think) and couldn't believe it was him at all.