WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Funny Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:17 pm 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funny Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:00 pm 
Offline
Existence is random.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 1153
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funny Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:13 am 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1470
Image



Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funny Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:46 pm 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:45 pm
Posts: 198
BF- that's my new sig on my local theatre forum.

You're beautiful. Tah-hanks!

_________________
________________________________________________________________________________________
.........................................................................................................SEE YOU, SPACE COWBOY...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Free Parking
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:53 pm 
Offline
Intrinsic Field Subtractor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 1023
I have a pretty sick sense of humor.

And the Parkinson's gag is soooooooooooo not funny.

There's a degree of separation I suspect. When you and your kids are healthy, you can separate yourelf. But if you or your kid has a chronic illness, separation becomes impossible and humor becomes less likely.

And, I suppose, eventually, humor becomes inevitable... like death.

But I think Michael J. Fox put up with enough shit from Rush Limbaugh. We know he has Parkinsons. Parkinsons is not funny.

Unless you don't have it and don't care who does.

I have a child with a chronic illness, so maybe I'm a little touchy. I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Free Parking
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:08 pm 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
Vynson wrote:
I have a pretty sick sense of humor.

And the Parkinson's gag is soooooooooooo not funny.

Honestly, I don't think you have a sick sense of humor. If you did that GIF would be funny to you. We've gone up this road before. I was waiting for a comment. In fact I came very close to not posting that one, but I decided I'd take the backlash if there was any. I'm not surprised it was you Vyn. I think its funny not because it makes fun of Parkinson's, which I honestly don't think that was it's creators intent. It's funny because of the context of what that scene meant in the movie and the idea of putting that headline on the newspaper. Taste is a funny thing.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funny Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:52 am 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8035
Location: Clackamas, OR
My personal favorite:

Image]

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funny Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:24 am 
Offline
Close to locating a gluino.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 836
Location: Dublin, Ireland
i thought the michael j fox one was funny, but the wonka-shining one is my favourite.

i have seen the dog one before, and i really, really pissed myself laughing the first time i saw it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funny Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:04 pm 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1470
DoomsdayClock wrote:
In fact I came very close to not posting that one, but I decided I'd take the backlash if there was any.


ONE BACKLASH, COMING RIGHT UP!


I think, when it comes to jokes, people basically fall into two categories: Those who like to make fun of authority, and those who find it humorous to point out the fact that they are superior to the weak, the afflicted, or the defenseless . I call this theory the Superman/Zod Reaction To Humor. In the instance that has presented itself here, DDC is clearly Zod, screaming in Michael J. Fox's trembling face, "KNEEL BEFORE ZOD BECAUSE YOU HAVE A DISEASE THAT MAKES YOU WEAK AND INFERIOR!"

Vynson is, of course, Superman.

ManOWar wrote:
BF- that's my new sig on my local theatre forum.

You're beautiful. Tah-hanks!


Ah, you're welcome, Manny. My pleasure, friend.

I would like to point out that what makes this animated .gif funny is the fact that the man on stage is holding a microphone and has a cheesy moustache, which therefore makes him a figure of authority (Superman).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funny Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:49 pm 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
Broken Finger wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
In fact I came very close to not posting that one, but I decided I'd take the backlash if there was any.


ONE BACKLASH, COMING RIGHT UP!


I think, when it comes to jokes, people basically fall into two categories: Those who like to make fun of authority, and those who find it humorous to point out the fact that they are superior to the weak, the afflicted, or the defenseless . I call this theory the Superman/Zod Reaction To Humor. In the instance that has presented itself here, DDC is clearly Zod, screaming in Michael J. Fox's trembling face, "KNEEL BEFORE ZOD BECAUSE YOU HAVE A DISEASE THAT MAKES YOU WEAK AND INFERIOR!"

Vynson is, of course, Superman.


Wow, you swooped in to have Vynson's back. What a shock.

Nice use of color in your post, too.

Your way off about my type when it comes to jokes. I'd explain how you're wrong, but you wouldn't get it.

By the way, you guys should visit my other Web site here.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funny Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:24 pm 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1470
DoomsdayClock wrote:
Wow, you swooped in to have Vynson's back. What a shock.


I would argue with your use of "swooped". Absolutely no "swooping" took place. Ridiculous. In regards to Vynson's back, yes, I have it (whether needed or not), but in this case my back-havingness is a non-issue. I've been looking for an excuse to roll out my S/Z theory for a while, and when opportunity knocks...

DoomsdayClock wrote:
Nice use of color in your post, too.


Just trying to give it some zing, you know? Just really trying to sell it.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
Your way off about my type when it comes to jokes.


It is only a theory.

DoomsdayClock wrote:
I'd explain how you're wrong, but you wouldn't get it.


Well, that's just unfair. I might get it. There's like, a fifty/fifty chance.

DommsdayClock wrote:
By the way, you guys should visit my other Web site here.


I'm not sure how to respond to this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funny Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:47 am 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8035
Location: Clackamas, OR
Broken Finger wrote:
I'm not sure how to respond to this.
Personally, I would suggest laughing.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funny Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:56 am 
Offline
Close to locating a gluino.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 836
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Broken Finger wrote:
I'm not sure how to respond to this.
Personally, I would suggest laughing.


personally...i'd buy the stickers

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: "Funny" Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:34 pm 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1470
Okay, back on topic, I've created my first animated .gif especially for this forum. Three, maybe four people are going to find this funny, but the longer you watch, the funnier it gets. I call it "The Three Faces of Eve":




Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funny Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:35 pm 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:45 pm
Posts: 198
Now that's just... wow.

Now THAT might have to be my new sig. I... gee... I'm so...barfy.

_________________
________________________________________________________________________________________
.........................................................................................................SEE YOU, SPACE COWBOY...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:30 pm 
Offline
A brother to dragons.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1470
Broken Finger wrote:
Three, maybe four people are going to find this funny...


ManOWar wrote:
Now that's just... wow.

Now THAT might have to be my new sig. I... gee... I'm so...barfy.


There's one...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funny Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:13 am 
Offline
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:58 am
Posts: 2158
Location: Stockholm
Oh Lordy

Just bumped into a few at my skate hide-out...

Image

Image

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funny Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:37 am 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
Image
Picard + Chunk = Fun

Image
Find the Watchmen reference...

Image
What Wii game is this?

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funny Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:32 am 
Offline
…a puppet who can see the strings.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:42 pm
Posts: 8538
Location: A stronger world
I like the Wii game where you repeatedly poke Johnny Depp in the eye.

On a related note, enjoy this non-animated gif

http://globalnerdy.com/wp-content/uploa ... _comic.gif

_________________
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
it was tying it into the rape-revenge stories and making light of a verys erious sub-genre that kind of offended me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funny Animated .GIFs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:44 am 
Offline
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:58 am
Posts: 2158
Location: Stockholm
DoomsdayClock wrote:
Image
What Wii game is this?


No bloody idea. Don't care! Gives me food for some pretty evil thoughts. :mrgreen:

"Piles included"?

The game is probably called Proctologee-Wiizz.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.100s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]