WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1992 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 100  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:15 pm 
The Watcher

Not that I've picked up a controller in weeks, but being a PS2 and XBOX 360 owner, I'm knee deep in a bunch of games that I will likely never finish. Here are the games I'm working on now...

1. God of War 2
2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
3. Okami
4. Bully

Oddly enough, they're all PS2 games....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:46 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Metroid Prime 3
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

I'm currently looking forward to:
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:29 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Zero time for this these days.

Used to play CounterStrike (from beta 3), Operation Flashpoint, Day of Defeat, the ww2 flight sim IL2 Sturmovik and World of Warcraft. Since dropping out of WoW just after its Euro release (I was in on the closed Euro beta in the months leading up to publication), I haven't played anything.

So I have missed out on a whole bunch of games. :oops:

As I don't have an Xbox 360, I have also missed out on Gears of War and the recently released Bioshock while certainly will be missing out on the exquisite-looking soon-to-be-released sci-fi rpg, Mass Effect. :(

I own an og Xbox, so I have some pretty cool titles for that. The boys favourite at home is Lego Star Wars 1+2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2. We don't have Live™, so multiplayer over the Net isn't an option for them so they run co-op.

The girls prefer stuff like Dreamfall, Jade Empire or Beyond Good and Evil.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:34 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Soupdragon wrote:
The girls prefer stuff like Dreamfall, Jade Empire or Beyond Good and Evil.

Dreamfall is an underappreciated game in an underappreciated franchise, and BG&E is a fucking masterpiece.

I'd also advise each and every one of you to get your hands on Psychonauts. I don't care how you get the opportunity, just play that damn game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:41 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Thanks, CI!

I might not play many games, but the ones I have, or want to play, are gems.

Not having a PS2 or 3 at home, I have never tried the outstanding God of War, but I loved ICO (the little I played of it at work).

Dreamfall's predecessor, The Longest Journey, was a pearl.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:44 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I have more time off lately, so I have cooking on Baldur's Gate games (Tales of the Sword Coast, Icewind Dale, Throne of Baal). It satisfies my roll-playing cravings, and I control the group of adventurers. Pretty simple graphics by "Halo 3" standards. I am old school...

Post subject: Video Games
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:01 pm 
Oh how the ghost of you clings...

I'm not always reading or talking about Watchmen. I enjoy playing video games too. Xbox, and Xbox 360 are my favorite consoles. I'm not a big fan of the Playstation . Are any of you gamers too? If so, which games and consoles have you enjoyed?
My favorite games include:

1.Duke Nukem Zero Hour (N64)

2.Halo 1-3 (Xbox, Xbox 360)

3.Jet Force Gemini (N64)

4.Super Smash Brothers/Super Smash Brothers Melee (N64, Gamecube)

5.Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (N64,Gamecube,Xbox)

6.Super Mario Brothers series (Nintendo, S.Nintendo, Gamecube)

7.Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Xbox)

8.Marvel Nemesis (Xbox)

Post subject: Re: Video Games
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:12 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

I game on my PC mostly - i find it preferable - especially with shooters (using the mouse)

1. The Tomb Raider series is always on my all-time list, i'd say the best thing is it really involves you and often shocks! oh, and croft is nice to look at

2. The best comic book video game I have ever played is X-men Legends II...a fantastic game! I'm hoping III is similar but with better graphics. Next up is Ultimate Spiderman, really unique, and sometimes very challenging (unlike the abysmal Spiderman movie tie-in games - half of my brain died playing Spiderman 2!)

3. The best shooter I've ever played is Far Cry - better than Halo I think! Worthy mentions go to Freedom Fighters, XIII, and Nightfire (which is a fairly average game, but utterly addicting all the same! I've never uninstalled it!)

4. Best Sim is the Movies - forget the casual gamers who say "the Sims"

5. The FIFA football (*groan* aka soccer) series are the best sports titles in my opinion. Not that most of you guys would've ever played it.

Now what I'm wondering is if Snyder goes thru with that Watchmen game idea, and if he does, if it'll be any good....
....or faithful!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:32 pm 
New Frontiersman

My gaming sources comes from PS2 and PC.

i've played a lot of games, but the ones that have stuck to me are:

1) Metal Gear 1,2 and 3 - these babies are what got me hooked to PS and PS2. i urged all gamers to play these especially number 3! can't wait for the fourth installation. but then, i have to buy a PS3. :P

2) Winning eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer - any football/soccer freaks would know this. i reckon it's even better that Fifa franchise!

3) Counter strike and Medal of Honour Alliance (MOHA) - great multiplayer games. simply great!

4) Half-life - crazy cool.

5) GTA series - crazy shit! i'll never finish the game without any cheats!

There's this one game i'm eager to try, if i get to use the right requirements for it. it's call 'Crysis'. has anyone have this/played this?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:08 am 
I DID IT!

Assasin's Creed
Halo 3

And starting Mass Effect after Christmas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:30 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

I used to play video games all the time, but as the systems became more expensive, that pretty much ended my playing. Although I really want to play that Ghostbusters game that will be out next year. The fact that they got all the actors involved (including Murray and the guy who played Walter Peck), makes me get all fan boy thinking about it.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:01 pm 
I DID IT!

Are you guys scared or excited that they may make a video game of Watchmen?
It could be cool or awful...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:22 pm 

t3cii wrote:
I used to play video games all the time, but as the systems became more expensive, that pretty much ended my playing. Although I really want to play that Ghostbusters game that will be out next year. The fact that they got all the actors involved (including Murray and the guy who played Walter Peck), makes me get all fan boy thinking about it.

yeah theyre pretty much calling it ghostbusters 3!
have you seen the screenshot yet?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:30 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

AYBGerrardo wrote:
yeah theyre pretty much calling it ghostbusters 3!
have you seen the screenshot yet?

Yeah, I've seen some of the screen shots. It's looking pretty sweet! The character model for Dan Ackroyed (spelling?) looks just like him. It's also very cool that himself and Harold Ramis will be writing it.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:21 am 
The Watcher

Just yesterday I played my favorite PC game - Civilization IV. I used to play the original on my Amiga 10 years ago

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:34 am 

ah yeah i love that series - i started with civ2, which'll always be one of my favourite games ever! i shouldve put that in my list!, on windows 3.1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:06 am 
The Watcher

AYBGerrardo wrote:
ah yeah i love that series - i started with civ2, which'll always be one of my favourite games ever! i shouldve put that in my list!, on windows 3.1

There was another short lived Sid Meier game that I love called Colonization. It was like Civilization except there were no advancements and the game took place between 1500-1800. The goal was to build up viable and self sustainig New World colonies, deal with local native tribes (peacefully or violently), and eventually win a war of independence from your European homeland. Here are some screenshots...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:20 pm 

wow! looks cool!
so, even if this is in the off topic board, what do you guys think of that idea for a watchmen game?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:56 am 
Alien Squid Monster

I am currenly playing only Scarface: The Game and I really want an Xbox 360...maybe you guys can do a little pitch-in and buy me one? j/k heh not really lol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:29 pm 

oh you and me both!
in terms of games, the 360 is unquestionably king of the next-gen atm
With Bioshock it's crowning glory

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1992 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 100  Next