WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1992 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:44 am 
Tired of Earth.

Godziller66 wrote:
Grand Theft Auto V: The game that launched a thousand WCM alienations.

WJK wrote:
maybe if you lived in 'murica, you would love how much it's a perfect satire of how pathetic we've become.

Become?

became? you get the point.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:10 am 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

WJK wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:

WJK wrote:
maybe if you lived in 'murica, you would love how much it's a perfect satire of how pathetic we've become.

Become?

I think he was simply implying we've been pathetic for a long while now.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:39 pm 
Tired of Earth.

NiteOwl wrote:
WJK wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:

WJK wrote:

Become?

I think he was simply implying we've been pathetic for a long while now.

right, but the difference in how pathetic we are now versus say the last 30 years is like this

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:53 am 

So. Much. Fun.
It's like a GTA game, but set in the 70's, and obviously all about the warriors.
You can play as several of the characters from the movie, and the game serves as a prequel to the movie itself.
I believe once you get far enough, you actually play through the events of the movie too.
ahhhhh. So cool.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:27 am 
The Watcher

Just finished GTA V. Really liked it. Felt it was a bit short compared to the other GTA games.

Not sure what to play next. What would you recommend for XBOX 360? Please note that I have done Arkham City, Red Dead Redemption, and Fallout New Vegas. Any other open world games that are a must play?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:36 am 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Saints Row 3,Sleeping Dogs,Far Cry 3.It really depend on the setting and tone of insanity you prefer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:43 pm 

Saints Row 2 > Saints Row The Third

I implore you to take my word on this. Nobody else here seems to have even played SR2.
Saint's Row 2 is bigger than your average GTA game, and a hair crazier. It's graphics might be very outdated, but if you can handle that, it's got some of the most intricate and well laid out character creation you're likely to ever find in a sandbox game. Better than the sequels, which actually took away clothing options instead of adding new ones.
The vehicles are great, and there's so many secrets and hidden areas to find and explore. Saints Row the Third has a dead and lifeless city compared to #2.
It will feel like a huge step backwards from GTA V, whereas Saints Row 2 is merely a sidestep. Don't get me wrong, I love SR3, but in order.
Saints Row 2 is simply, hands down the best. Everyone who argues otherwise seems merely content to cite "old graphics" or they seem to not have played it at all.

In Saints Row 2, I went inside a YMCA and shot everyone inside.
The game didn't prompt me to, or lead me to this area. I simply found it. A fully rendered YMCA.
Maybe you don't wanna be a psychotic gunman, maybe you just wanna go swim in the pool? Go ahead.
Wanna go to a strip club? Go ahead.
Want to customize your apartments? Go ahead.
Wanna fly a UFO, and land it inside a giant skyscraper? Go ahead.
Wanna explore the secret tunnels underneath the town, or find the hidden islands that aren't even on the map? Go ahead.

You can't do any of that in Saints Row The Third. Or Sleeping Dogs for that matter.
But Sleeping Dogs is a love letter to HK action flicks like Hard Boiled and the Killer, so I love that game.
It's complete right down to a hospital shootout.

Far Cry 3 looks super fun, but I have only played the spin off, Blood Dragon. Which is cheap, and if you have any outstanding affinity for the 80's VHS era of action heroes... you owe it to yourself to try it out. Also have you played the Assassin's Creed games? Those are pretty amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:14 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

'Salright. I don't know why people were so into the plot, though. I'm not convinced it doesn't suck. Maybe Halo 2 will enlighten me, but as far as I'm concerned, it's all just an excuse to shoot aliens in the face.

I've only completed the first level, but I already like this game much more than the first. It seems like there are going to be some interesting things done with The Arbiter/Master Chief duality there and the environments are already more promising. Instead of endless corridors and the same set pieces, it looks a lot more grand with the whole futuristic Earth city stuff. I did like the spooky flood forest in the original, though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:42 pm 

I dunno if you guys have ever played soul calibur V, but the character creation alone is bloody amazing. For example...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:59 am 

Now that's pretty impressive. Some of the WWE games also have a ridiculous character creator which a friend of mine used to create perfect likenesses for the members of my college club. So now he creates intricate storylines using the cutscene creator and we read our lines and then watch our AI selves kill each other. It gets pretty insane. Especially the time my character was so determined to not get pushed out of the ring that he bent time and space through a non-game breaking glitch. It's like the game couldn't process the sheer willpower.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:21 pm 

Godziller66 wrote:
Now that's pretty impressive. Some of the WWE games also have a ridiculous character creator which a friend of mine used to create perfect likenesses for the members of my college club. So now he creates intricate storylines using the cutscene creator and we read our lines and then watch our AI selves kill each other. It gets pretty insane. Especially the time my character was so determined to not get pushed out of the ring that he bent time and space through a non-game breaking glitch. It's like the game couldn't process the sheer willpower.

I love the WWE character creators! I made my character Mr.Smiles in one of them. but I was borrowing it, so I couldn't do too much and hope to hang onto it.
but damn, that sounds like a lot of fun.
A neat fun fact though about my character Mr.Smiles, and Soul Calibur V...
Most of his look, visually, was inspired by how my friend and I made him in the game.
In a long roundabout way, my script, Bloody Vengeance, would not be the same if I hadn't played SCV.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:46 pm 
Tired of Earth.

i was bored and decided to browse through the "classics" section of the playstation store today, and found this old gem in the psone classics section.

it's been a very, very long time since i played this. in fact, not since the game came out, but it has always been my favorite final fantasy game, with 4, 6 and 7 right behind it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:51 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

WJK wrote:

i was bored and decided to browse through the "classics" section of the playstation store today, and found this old gem in the psone classics section.

it's been a very, very long time since i played this. in fact, not since the game came out, but it has always been my favorite final fantasy game, with 4, 6 and 7 right behind it.

I mentioned on your facebook post that I thought the game was mediocre. Here's what I said about it in the Final Fantasy thread:

Quote:
Visually more consistent than VII, but the story is kind of forgettable, the music isn't that great, the characters are okay, and the villain sucks.

Specifically, that last point. I honestly don't remember a single thing that character did in the game. I can pretty much remember everything in VII with clarity, but with this game, maybe a handful of scenes. I remember disk one being super short, ending with me thinking "who's she?"

Later, "That's a guy?"

Basically you have four characters worth talking about, and a bunch of hangers on. Although, that's sort of true of VII.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:55 pm 

WJK wrote:
with 4, 6 and 7 right behind it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpcmfjFN8OIb

t3cii wrote:
with me thinking "who's she?"

Later, "That's a guy?"

Welcome to my entire experience with anime.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:08 pm 
Tired of Earth.

t3cii wrote:
I mentioned on your facebook post that I thought the game was mediocre. Here's what I said about it in the Final Fantasy thread:

Quote:
Visually more consistent than VII, but the story is kind of forgettable, the music isn't that great, the characters are okay, and the villain sucks.

Specifically, that last point. I honestly don't remember a single thing that character did in the game. I can pretty much remember everything in VII with clarity, but with this game, maybe a handful of scenes. I remember disk one being super short, ending with me thinking "who's she?"

Later, "That's a guy?"

Basically you have four characters worth talking about, and a bunch of hangers on. Although, that's sort of true of VII.

I saw that, and I find your view to be horribly biased seeing as how you've mainly experienced only 6, 7 and 9, you ought to give the rest of the series a try as well.

Also, the music part, 7 has great music for sure and it's very memorable without a doubt (which is why it's played very often in anime videos and those video games live concerts), but as far as the "Final Fantasy" title goes, 9's music is much more fitting to it, like this and this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:44 pm 

I think that's why I liked VI and VII so much. They specifically try to be different from the normal Final Fantasy mold, particularly in regards to setting.

And IV I like so much because so much crazy stuff happens in that game. I really enjoy any game where there are aliens out of nowhere and you fly to the moon in a space boat and ohyeahalso there's an entire dungeon that takes place inside a giant robot.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:49 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

WJK wrote:
t3cii wrote:

Quote:

Later, "That's a guy?"

I saw that, and I find your view to be horribly biased seeing as how you've mainly experienced only 6, 7 and 9, you ought to give the rest of the series a try as well.

When it comes to 9, though, I'm mostly coming at from just a video game experience. I just find it forgettable.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:19 am 

LSD: Dream Emulator. A game where a guy took LSD, went to sleep, wrote about his dreams, and then turned it into a PS1 game. I highly recommend it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:25 am 

Anyone getting Alien Isolation or The Evil Within? It looks like some quality horror games might be coming our way in a medium that excels in the genre.

Or maybe they'll suck.

...But they look good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:09 am 

Godziller66 wrote:
Anyone getting Alien Isolation or The Evil Within? It looks like some quality horror games might be coming our way in a medium that excels in the genre.

Or maybe they'll suck.

...But they look good.

I'll be getting both once I get my PS4.
No way I'm buying those on the PS3.

I dunno if I told you guys, but I got a job at Gamestop, and I'll be starting around the middle of October.
Job comes with a lot of perks. %15 off everything in the store. Get to take out any pre-owned game free for four days.
Etc etc. I'm pretty sure I'll be dropping a lot of that first paycheck on a PS4 and Alien Isolation if it's out by then.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1992 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next