WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Penumbra
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:27 pm 
Drinking a toast to absent friends.

This is an indie survival horror game. It was released in episodes but you can get the whole collection for $20 or thereabouts online. It starts with overture, I can't remember what the other games are called. It is available on Mac, PC and Linux. I downloaded the demo and thought it was thread-worthy because it is so bloody terrifying. I can only play it for about 5 or 10 minutes in a go because I get so in to it. The music is very atmospheric and scary, and the lighting is very good, but it is all about the sound effects really. You hear something scratching from behind a door and you don't want to open it. I was just playing it in a well lit room and it still freaked me out.

I havent played much of it so this is very much first impressions, but I just thought it was worth mentioning as I noticed we have quite a few horror fans on the forum. It plays like a first person adventure game, you can interact with or inspect objects, and then you have to use these to proceed. It isn't really a shooter although there are elements of combat.

Sorry for the long post but yeah, I was really wowed by it.

Note: If you don't have a right clicking mouse for your mac you can assign inspect to another key.