WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:05 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

batmann539 wrote:
Bilious wrote:
:D PERSONALLY, I think I make the best grappling gun prop out there.

I think you're the only person that I know of (and trust me I scowered the Internet), that's making these. Nonetheless, I would say also the best replica piece around too for something this intricate. I feel bad for anyone that can't drop the cash for one of these. I honestly look at the pics everyday and can't wait to get it.

Thanks for keeping us posted. Do you want reference pics in costume with the gun for your portfolio?

Sean

That would be fantastic. :D I plan on upgrading the website for it sometime once I have the cold-cast versions handy to re-photograph and include pictures of buyers in their costumes. :D

And I figured it's better to drivel about it than let you all be nervous that I vanished into the woodwork. XD

Yesterday was my father's 60th birthday so I was a little less productive this weekend than I had hoped to be, but I still got the hardest mold left out of the way. Just a matter of finishing these last parts up, clean up and assembly!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:55 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Finally, a sneak peak for you guys! The white metal you see is the bit I'm still working on atm, the rest is the cast product. This is the first dry-assemble since casting the new tooling pattern for the core, shot under halogen light. Can't wait to get to the hardware part of assembly. Still gotta finish the rest and cleanup! This gives you guys a peak at one of the molds and some of the cold-cast parts.

Click to enlarge!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:18 am 
Minuteman

Bilious wrote:
Finally, a sneak peak for you guys! The white metal you see is the bit I'm still working on atm, the rest is the cast product. This is the first dry-assemble since casting the new tooling pattern for the core, shot under halogen light. Can't wait to get to the hardware part of assembly. Still gotta finish the rest and cleanup! This gives you guys a peak at one of the molds and some of the cold-cast parts.

Click to enlarge!

:o That looks awesome! I absolutely cannot wait to have it. Thanks for the update pic, it certainly did wet my whistle.

Sean

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:04 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Oh snap. I ordered all the hardware parts (eeeesh it was a hefty bill, but at least I can make more than just your orders with what I got) last night and somehow THEY ARRIVED THIS MORNING. Jeeze it's a srs bsns website I got turned onto for these things. At any rate, recast some of the parts I was unhappy with and beginning cleanup and assembly over the weekend. Still tons to do, but hopefully more pictures soon as well as aiming to ship at the end of next week if all goes as planned! Will keep you guys informed. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:08 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Bilious wrote:
Oh snap. I ordered all the hardware parts (eeeesh it was a hefty bill, but at least I can make more than just your orders with what I got) last night and somehow THEY ARRIVED THIS MORNING. Jeeze it's a srs bsns website I got turned onto for these things. At any rate, recast some of the parts I was unhappy with and beginning cleanup and assembly over the weekend. Still tons to do, but hopefully more pictures soon as well as aiming to ship at the end of next week if all goes as planned! Will keep you guys informed. 8-)

Ms Bilious you should advertise on the rpf for your awesome grapple, Im sure there would be lots of people interested in it.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:36 am 
Vigilante

She won't be able to really put up prices or say she has them for sale or anything until she's past the new member probation period and can post in the Junkyard.

Haven't really been posting much here or there, but I have to say I'm still mega-excited. Everything is looking pretty spot on.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:04 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Starting final assembly this week! Should be able to ship very soon. :D

RPF is really great! I can't wait until I can post in the junkyard, I hope I get a few more buyers. XD

Also you guys might think is cool- my grappling gun got me a professional prop-making gig job offer. :D So excited to see where this all takes me!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:22 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Almost there...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:39 pm 
Drinking a toast to absent friends.

Now all you need is a sweatshop full of Malaysian children and your production rate will increase TENFOLD.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:40 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Dog Carcass wrote:
Now all you need is a sweatshop full of Malaysian children and your production rate will increase TENFOLD.

UNFORTUNATELY it's just little ol' sweatshop me. :C

Seriously I think I'm probably getting those rates for how low I'm charging and how many hours it takes. XD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:23 am 
Vigilante

Don't suppose anyone went to San Diego Comic-Con on Sunday during the day and saw my Rorschach costume, huh? I was actually looking for pictures if anyone here just so happened to see me and catch a couple pics.

I walked around the exhibit hall for a bit then chilled out in front of Hall F until about 5:00. Had the "smiley" mask on.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:45 am 
Vigilante

Found one of me someone took!
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 6131_n.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:13 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Looks awesome, man!!! We gotta' get your Gun fixed up asap and it will be perfect. >:|

Been experimenting with new plastic and I think that's entirely the cause of the previous issues. Also it hurts my hands while working with it more than the softer stuff, pretty sure there's blood in some of the mix. :) Sooo can't wait to set one up with the new parts. UPGRADES UPGRADES.

Sold four more over at RPF and other places! I'm still taking orders for the second run if anyone wants to be included! Might be tossing one or two up on Ebay after this second run's completion too.

Also I'm going to need to start thinking about making new masks for this Halloween so I can swap 'em out randomly all night.

What hand made method do you guys find has the best night time visibility?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:09 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Bilious wrote:
pretty sure there's blood in some of the mix. :)

That's hardcore, man.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:37 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Godziller66 wrote:
Bilious wrote:
pretty sure there's blood in some of the mix. :)

That's hardcore, man.

Interesting fact: I also used a garbage can lid for one of my curves, and piano wire ((good for stranglin' otherwise)) is also used in a few places. ;) SO MANY LEVELS OF LOVE AND RAWSHARK.

Also of course after I made that post I slashed my palm demolding a part just now. XD It's not the parts themselves, it's the thin cakes of over-spill that are dangerous! Good thing the rest of the day is quiet cleanup.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:56 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

Apologies if it's been posted before, but this is awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:52 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

AYBGerrardo wrote:
Apologies if it's been posted before, but this is awesome.

:shock:

Somebody needed to hire this guy for the actual Watchmen movie :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:02 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

I half suspect that the reason the movie mask differs from the comic's in the way it does was a result of investigation into how its properties might actually be possible (a la the video).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:33 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

that's pretty cool, i remember those t shirts that did something similar from when i was a kid.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:56 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Anybody work on costumes lately????

heres some pics of my finished piece

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next